main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Anakin's Assault on the Jedi Temple

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Garrett Atkins, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Could someone give me a play-by-play of Anakin's assault on the Jedi Temple from his point of view? The movie didn't explain it too well, except for a few short scenes. Thanks.

2. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    "From my point of view the Jedi are evil"
    [​IMG]

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Palpatine told him that he would only be strong enough to save Padme if he "did what must be done," i.e. kill all the Jedi in the Temple, and Anakin was stupid and/or insane enough to believe it.

march82015, ILNP and Garrett Atkins like this.
  4. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    The novelization gives a decent account. I wish some of those elements had been incorporated into the movie. I cannot remember all the details to give a play-by-play.

5. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    The second Palpatine told him that the secret to save Padme was one they would have to work to discover, meaning he obviously lied to Anakin, he should have cut him in half right then and there.

6. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I think stupid

7. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    As to the original post, I figure Anakin must have killed quite a few Jedi. The clone troopers alone would not have gotten the job done. We see him right before he kills the younglings, and the hologram that Yoda and Kenobi watch. I imagine there was a lot more to it.

8. Klingon Padawan

Klingon Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2013
    Many of the Jedi that died at the Temple were there because Anakin pressed a beacon that tricked many Jedi into thinking that the war was over, to go to the Temple, and they were trapped and killed by the Clones. Operation Knightfall was a lot more complicated than many fans think. Anakin didn't just kill younglings, he killed a lot of other Jedi too.

Anakin kills three Jedi that aren't younglings, on the hologram. Their names were Cin Drallig, Bene, and Whie Malreaux.

But in the EU, Anakin killed even more Jedi-including Jurokk, Jin-Lo Rayce, two Zabrak Jedi, a group of Jedi snipers, a group of Jedi pilots, and Serra Keto.

9. ILNP

ILNP Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2011
    This is simply not true. The Jedi we see killed in the temple during Operation Knightfall were the ones that were already in the temple. Not saying no Jedi were killed in the way you mentioned but the ones we see in that scene were already at the temple.

10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Operation Knightfall, try Wookieepedia.

rumsmuggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.