main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakins "Baptism by Fire"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by JediKnightOB1, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Many people have mentioned the parallels between the new movies and the the "Original Trilogy."

Here is why Fire would make sense... hold on to your seats because it is obvious and we have seen it in RTOJ.

Fire is Vaders last step. George said "Fire" twice.

It would make sense that the same moment that Vader is turned, the first time, is the segway to his dark side. The same as Vader being returned to Anakin as Luke burns his body at the end or RTOJ.

The circle is now complete. I have you now!!!

Seagoat likes this.
  2. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

I like the idea that Vader would start his life with fire and end it with fire.

Nice thought.

A heads up: don't go posting the same thread on multiple forums. It is highly frowned upon. :)

3. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    Well being afirm believer in the anakin falls into lava theory I like this idea.

axl.

4. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I think most Jedi are burned afterdeath because we also see Qui-Gon being burned in TPM.

5. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    It's certainly a very literal symbolism, given to darkness by fire light. There's also that common religious symbolism of the cleansing property of the flame, that it burns away the impurities etc. It certainly fits with the Jedi needing to be cremated after their death.

6. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    But fire can also destroy, not just cleanse. I think this will happen to Anakin. I am also a fan of the lava pit story, so I really hope GL sticks with it. His fall into the fire "destroys" how Anakin is, and his rage takes over and transforms him into Darth Vader.

7. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    That was my point, Anakin is destroyed. He is reborn (like a Phoenix) as Vader. Once he dies, Luke burns his (Vaders) body he is transfered back to Anakin. This is an irony because it explaines Anakins burning desires that turned him into Vader.
    It is mythological because of the Phoenix motif.
    It is biblical because of the "Cleansing of the flame" and the "Baptism by Fire."

Who is with me on this?
    Who disagrees?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.