main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's enthusiasm about having a child. Was he happy about it?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    My first viewing of this scene where Padme reveals to Anakin about her pregnancy caught me by surprise. Did it seem like Anakin wasn't too thrilled when he found out he was a father? Your thoughts.

2. ExarKunPJ

ExarKunPJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    I thought that exact same thing when i watched it!!
    He sort of seems a bit shocked (obvious) but then he seems disappointed. Perhaps this is soemthing I completely overlooked... I need to meditate over this..I'll be back..

3. RurouniKJS

RurouniKJS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2005
    I think he's happy about it, assuming he hasn't started having his nightmares about Padmé yet. But just as Pad is frightened of the implications for their secret marriage, I think he gets a little nervous about it, too.

But overall, yeah, he's ecstatic. Too bad his fear for his wife overrode everything else.

4. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    That cracked me up. He looked like a 17 year old boy whose 15 year old girlfriend just told him she's pregnant and keeping the baby.

I think he was happy but was also picturing the complications (secret marriage, expulsion from the Jedi order, etc). Don't forget that he's got a lot on his mind: the war, killing Dooku in cold blood, crash landing Grievous' ship. He doesn't want to think about baby names or building a nursery; he just wants a little R&R with that pretty wife of his.

I'm not sure Anakin wants, or is ready for, a family just yet. He definitely misses Padme when they're apart, but he's also having a great time getting into aggressive negotiations, flying around the galaxy with Obi-Wan and being a hero. ("Here's where the fun begins.")

5. TheLeftSide

TheLeftSide Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    I would say that he was worried about everyone knowing, but seconds before when he tried to kiss her and she stopped him he said that he didn't care who knew. I guess maybe he really didn't mean it, and was just saying that.
    He doesn't seem to show too much emotion for other things ("You're...so......beautiful."), so I guess he could be happy with just a little fear mixed in.

6. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Yes. He's happy about it. I think he wished that it would've happened later when his "reign" was already intact, though.

7. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    It's a mix. A baby is a happy thing for any couple. He loves her, he loves their baby...and the reality of it really hasn't sunk in yet. However, it's fairly obvious even right after she tells him, that he recognizes that there's going to be complications, even serious conflicts. His very dialogue reflects it when he tells her to be happy now and they'll worry about it later. That's a "let's enjoy it while we can" statement, if I ever heard one.

8. Jedi_Angel_Leia

Jedi_Angel_Leia Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    To me he looked shocked, but definatly happy. And then comes the realizations that this is going to cause problems.

9. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Well if he wasn't happy about it, the following dialogue would be in the movie-

ANAKIN: Great news babe! I just had a dream, like the one's about my mom before she died. And guess what? The kid's toast! You might die too, but we'll work on that later. So... some?

10. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
  11. Solo_So_Low

Solo_So_Low Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    i think the only reason he wasnt immediately pleased was because he thought of all the consequences from it - ie him getting expelled from jedi order, padme losing her role in the senate etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.