main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Anakin's Episode III Costume/Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DanakinSkywalker, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    Ah, come on. Mine's cool too... :sniff: ;)

In other news, in each new pic that comes out (there's a few in the newest Insider, btw) it seems confirmed that it is indeed an Obi-Wan-type material on the tunic. I'll be on the search, hopefully this weekend for some good fabric.

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Nice saber :)

You know that one person who has pretty well the exact fabric, shes got tonnes and bought it all off her supplier :)

3. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    That's true. But can I just buy the fabric from said person? I've decided that for this one it really needs to be an in person kinda thing. I really want it to fit right, my last one is tragic, heh.

4. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    you can ask...

But with correct measurements any garment can be made perfect. Heard no coplaints from her clientrs though too ;)

Send her an email and ask :)

5. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Well I sent her an e-mail probably a month ago now with no reply. So, that ends that possibility.

I found some great fabric for the outer tunic, but just my luck they only had about a yard of it left. Apparently they're going to look for more when they go to make another order. If anyone knows a place where I can order some (they called it 'calcutta(sp?) cloth', a thick gauze-like material) please let me know.

6. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Sheri has been getting over a divorce and a move Danakin...shes back now though, IM me on AIM and I'll get you the new email...Hotmail kind of went kablooey on her :)

7. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    I have someone lined up to make the costume, I'm just looking for fabric. I've seen the stuff she has and it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks anyways.

8. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Well the latest BTH picture gives a great view of Anakin's glove...heck the BTH picture IS his glove and that's it.

9. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Yep, the best picture of the glove we have so far.

10. davenwjedi

davenwjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    wish i wasn't going as spoiler free as i can for EP III.....

if someone wants to pass along a url to one they have borrowed i would appreciate it !!

NWJEDI
    dave

11. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Well I thought I'd bump this back up as I've actually made some progress recently. I've given my material to my seamstress, so everything is on its way. I've made my food capsules, the last coat on the gold set is drying as I speak. Once those are dry and sealed I'll get some pics up. Cheers all, I'm in a good mood :D.

12. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    From my site:
    [image=http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/jangofett316/ep3anakinbelt.jpg]
    "Here's my temporary belt. It's the one I've used with my EP2/CW costumes in the past and will continue to use until I get a more accurate belt made. I made the food capsules out of real Staedtler pen caps. I'll also need to make/find more accurate pouches."

13. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Yo dan ^
    I have an extremly accurate Episode 2 Anakin belt that I need to get rid of, it was made by Clonez,
    I'll see if i can get you some pictures

EDIT: No selling on the boards please :)

14. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Actually that would have been made by MP Productions...and its not nessarily accurate ;)

15. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    I think his tunic is made from a crinkled muslin, just like obi in episode 2. You might have a hard time finding it in brown, you might have to dye it.

16. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    I found something pretty close along with some great robe fabric. My costume's being made now. :D

17. davenwjedi

davenwjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    Danakin

could you please message me your outter robe fabric info ??

thx MUCH !!

NWJEDI
    dave

18. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Actually I just found it in a store in Las Vegas, I believe it was called Heddy's. I bought the last of what they had, it was some type of wool. It was nice and heavy. Besides that, I can't help ya, sorry.

19. RussianAnakin

RussianAnakin Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    Guys, I'm also working on my ep III costume. But my main headache is the GLOVE!!!
    I have no problem with it metak parts and being in Hyperspace I have the pic of its bottom view. But what about the top?
    Has anyone tried to make a sketch of it acording to the pictures we already have?
    And one more: what is the exact colour????

20. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Theres actually someone working on it if you are interested in details PM me.

21. Feezle-Nuts

Feezle-Nuts Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Just curious...are you guys growing your hair out for your costume?

22. RussianAnakin

RussianAnakin Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    Yes I do. I cut my Padawan's braid and ponnytail three moths ago, and I'm growing my Knight's hair now.

23. Feezle-Nuts

Dec 5, 2003
    EDIT: Sorry...The pic won't show up...it is the Seasoned By Combat BTH pic...the one that is public now.

I just noticed....new pouches. Nice...I just got my other ones...Oh well, these ones look easier. Do we have any other pics of this?

24. Feezle-Nuts

Dec 5, 2003
    anybody? new pouches? hello? anyone else notice? help!

25. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Yes, he definitely has new pouches. I've recently acquired a new belt and will show you the ones that I had made once I get some decent pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.