main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Anakin's Episode III Costume/Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DanakinSkywalker, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Ok, so, where did you get your glove made again?? I really wanna know so i can get it before the Holloween Dance this year, or if someone is up to selling their glove for $30-$40, so If you can tell me where you got it made or if anyone knows where I can get one from someone, please relpy!! thanks!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------

teh, more like a couple hundred unless, you make it yourself, that's what I'm doing.

2. GreekGodChaosIII

GreekGodChaosIII Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2004
    Well how are you making your glove?

3. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Well I'm making mine completley from scratch, I'm using a type of vinyl that from what my mom says looks just like leather, I'll post some pic's of it when I'm done.

4. GreekGodChaosIII

Jul 28, 2004
    sweet, well can you post some Production pictures up in the mean time??

5. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    sure, at this moment I'm just making diragrams for myself.

-tonight I'm going to cut out and try to finish sewing the vest, robe part of Ani's costume.

6. GreekGodChaosIII

Jul 28, 2004
    Sweet, about the Episode III Lightsaber, um, does anyone know where i can get an HASBRO electronic one? or one of those really light ones with the really thin plastic, or just one that ISNT metal, i already have one, but i really want a plastic or HASBRO electronic one, so if someone could please point me in the direction of one, it would be really appreciated, thanks!!!!!!

7. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    I recommend the EL Parks' Graflex. I have one and it is very bright, almost like neon at times.

And just to note, it's not off topic, check out the thread title. :D

EDIT: There's no RotS style Hasbro saber out yet, although there might be when the toys are released next April. If you're going for a quality costume I recommend a quality saber as well.

8. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    GreekGodChaosIII

why do you want a plastic one??

9. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    you can always watch ebay - every once in a blue moon I see a resin Graflex kit on there - not real expensive if I remember right

Although I agree with Danakin - quality costume deserves a quality saber - as I say about a lot of things - its all about the details ;)

Dave

10. GreekGodChaosIII

Jul 28, 2004
    well sal, i want a light weight one, cause i have some tabs that i can put on a clip and wear it from my belt, and the plastic ones are like 2 lbs lighter, so thats why i want a plastic one

11. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I also agree with Danakin, I just ordered my graflex from parks yesterday, I had to order it online though, cause when ever I called it said they would open till the 29th, then I called like 4 times yesterday and no answer, so I had to order just the plain graflex.

12. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    For those with Hyperspace, yours truly can be seen in costume during the Star Wars Spectacular wrap up video.

13. anakin_skywalker_vi

anakin_skywalker_vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2003
    yeah danakin i saw you on the video.. that was cool!

14. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I saw that.

15. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Just bought the vinyl, it looks just like leather!!

16. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    That's always a plus. Mine does as well, once I find some vinyl paint I'll be able to make it the right color.

17. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    funny thing, at the store I bought it from, I they had just enough of the right color left.

-luck.

18. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    Read the first post, Congrats on meeting your deadline of comccon. And comments from Hayden...Most impressive. I wasn't able to be there but i heard lots. But why not in the costume contest. You would have been stiff competition. Perhapse at LosCon. I'm not sure i can enter as Anakin any longer After a win at Comiccon But i'm looking into it. Always Thought about doing a scene where Anakin kills a jedi. We should meet we both make such impressive Anakins. Had hoped you were going to Orange County's Lightsaber training on sat. are you?

You must get your picture with mom sometime, Jake and Daniel have, maybe some day Hayden LOL

19. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    My friend (the RotS Obi-Wan) and I would have entered the Masquerade if it weren't for their ridiculous rules. We like wearing our costumes for more than one night/day unfortunately. Especially when everyone knows me as Anakin, I wouldn't want to let them down.

Congratulations on your win though, I saw a few seconds of your performance and for a second I thought I was watching the movie!

I am unable to make it to the OC training this weekend, perhaps I can try and make the next.

20. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Dec 20, 2003
    I very much understand your feelings on the strange rules of the costume competition. was it not for my anakin refugee outfit And serrious black i would have not been in the competition. it really hurt not beeing in RotS anakins for SW day of CC. Not going sat. o well, but you do fight then. yes?

21. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    I used to duel with friends a few years back when I was doing fan films. I haven't practiced since, although I do play around with my sabers every now and then.

My friend and I would love to have the time to put together an EP3 duel.

22. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

got a pic of your costume??

23. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Dec 20, 2003
    http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=174600

try going there sal
    tried to post it but couldn't

24. DARTHLARS