main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Anakin's Episode III Costume/Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DanakinSkywalker, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Sith_Lord

Anakin_Sith_Lord Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2005
    Can anyone sale me a Anakin episode 3 costume and a jedi robe with or not with the costume?

2. Drakonnen

Drakonnen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Silvermark:

I'm still planning to update my rubies glove and had a couple of questions for you.

When you say you shrunk it to tightly fit your hand, do you mean just had it taken in with alterations at the right spots?

Also, what did you use for padding to get it to look like that?

3. GreekGodChaos1234

GreekGodChaos1234 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2004
    can u like give us some instructions please? cuz my arm is like small, cuz one reason is im 15, and im tryin 2 make my glove fit better, and now im usin sweatbands and magnets(to hold the buckles down), and its a pain in the arse, so please help us out, and scepially me, cuz i suk @ alterin costumes, mostly cuz i have nothing to work with, lol, so ya.

4. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    looks not bad, like you said "not bad for a 15$ glove" :)

5. silvermark

silvermark Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2001
    Hey,

First thanks for the comments :)
    The modifications are really quite simple, the hardest part is getting the glove sewn back up. First I removed the 3 straps by undoing the stitches that hold them on the glove. They come off quite nicely. Then I unsewed along the underside, you know the long seam that goes from the end of the glove to the hand part. Don't worry about the netting, you just have to unsew it a bit to have access to the leather part. Then I To make the glove tighter I put it inside out, and created a "dart" at the palm part. This involves gathering up the material at the palm, to make it tighter, then making a seam. It's kind of hard to explain but it's a common technique in sewing. When you turn the glove back in the end result is a tighter, better fitting glove, with a visiblre seam line on the palm. A very small "price" to pay for a better fitting glove, since we never really see the palm part. I recommend you do this first...

Then for the arm part, what I did first was to find out how much I needed to cut to make the arm part better fitting. Notice that originally it looks "conical" or cone-shaped? Find out how much you need to take off to try to make it look more cylindrical. Then just cut off the amount you need to cut off (leave the netting intact!). For padding I used 1/8" thick padding material. Hard to explain, it's not really styrofoam, but it comes in sheets and is often used in shipping boxes to protect the contents. Any material that does not "dent" and that does not break when curved should do fine. I made 3 strips and sewed them inside the glove between the leather and the netting. This may sound ridiculous but when done properly it turns out great. I then I hot glued the padding to the leather.

The trickiest part here, is to NOT sew the padding strips at the very edge of the leather, but to leave about 1/2" to the edge. If you do this you will be able to gather the 1/2" "strips" of leather on each side, and make a nice seam to sew the glove back up. Then you can cut any excess material beyond the seam to make it look more discreet. Note that this is pretty much the only way to get the glove sewn back up. To make the seam look like the original you'd have to turn the glove inside out to sew it, but at this point with the padding and netting it's almost impossible.

For the straps on the outside, start by taking measurements as to how much you will need to take off each one. Then trim them and resew the buckle strap (with buckle) on to the new trimmed edge. Then put the straps back on into position, and how glue them onto the glove. This worked great. No need to sew them back onto the glove. Finally, I thought the shiny brown material on the straps was pretty bad so I bought this thin black plastic material you can find at hardware stores. Not sure what it's used for though. I carved it up a bit to make the grooves, cut up 3 strips, and hot glued the strips to the straps.

So, that's what I did. Overall turned out pretty nice.. I must say, if you plan to undertake any modifications, CHECK your glove after every step, because you can really ruin it fast if you don't watch out. At some points it can get frustrating and you'll feel like throwing the glove out!!! So be patient and think your way through :)

I hope this answered some of your questions.. good luck!!

6. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey guys,

So far I am still awaiting some fabric payments which I will be sending out reminders next week for those that ordered but haven't paid yet...

However there is one greivous problem that has come along...Someone had to back out of 7 yards of the Anakin fabric....

Now in order to make the run still the same costs without raising the totals 1 cent I would like to see if anyone can fill the slot...

For 7 yards of the Anakin fabric it is 145 US, which includes the fabric cost, bulk shipping to me and the custom dye job. After it gets here and I slice it all up I will be gathering a shipping quote get that and ship to you.

Please let me know asap if anyone is interested!

thanks!

7. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Hi Anakin_Sith_Lord, I'm sorry but asking after unlicensed costumes/props is against the forum rules:

-No soliciting. This includes creating threads with the sole purpose of asking where to purchase unlicensed costumes and props or asking for someone to make and sell you an unlicensed costume and/or prop.

Please see the Welcome and thread index for all our forum policies.
    Thanks! :)

8. Anakin_Sith_Lord

Anakin_Sith_Lord Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2005
    Sorry I didn't know, don't worry it won't happen again

9. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    Random question:

Hey, is there any black in Anakins EP3 costume?

Sorry but this thread is starting to die, we have to do something !!!!!

EDIT: To everybody I KNOW that there is not black this was a JOKE so no more PMs pls..

10. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

BLACK?!?! Of course there is no black!! Those photos are color corrected!! :p

11. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    Hey thank you so much saber_holder. Finaly i know the secret :p

12. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

:p
    Also, I just mailed out your domes via air mail Flo :)

13. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    Did i ever say that i love you? [face_love]

Just kidding but thanks a lot buddy :)

14. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

[face_laugh]

No problem.

15. The_Random_Menace

The_Random_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    I'm finally getting my anakin glove

ordered it today

16. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    Gratz :)

Looking forward to see pics.

17. The_Random_Menace

The_Random_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    You talkin to me...
    lol

18. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Primrodo, is the fabric just for the inner and outer tunic?

19. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Just for the outer, obi and tabards. Inner is compltetely differnt material that I have not ID's yet.

20. Feezle-Nuts

Feezle-Nuts Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Recent event.....and last one without wig.

[image=http://www.ohio501st.com/gallery/scrappers/full/10.jpg]
    [image=http://www.ohio501st.com/gallery/scrappers/full/28.jpg]
    [image=http://www.ohio501st.com/gallery/scrappers/full/02.jpg]

21. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    You look great Feez!

22. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    Great pics Feezle!!

I really like the fact that you dont need a wig, like i dont need one cause i did grow my hair like 12 months or so, but sometimes i would just like to cut them off :)

23. Feezle-Nuts

Dec 5, 2003
    Yep, it was a fun ride, but the hair had to go. The wig will have to do now.

24. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh you did cut the hair off?

I am to afraid that it will look crapy on me. I will keep the hair atleast 3 more months so all events are done. After that i will think about changing maybe

25. Feezle-Nuts

Dec 5, 2003
    Yeah, it's gone. My events are done until September, and the wig I got looks good. I already wore it to one even t and the people didn't know it was fake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.