main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Anakin's Episode III Costume/Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DanakinSkywalker, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Getting my hair done tomorrow again, for a event next week.
    So i guess i have to think about maybe getting a wig one day

2. Squall_Skywalker

Squall_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    [image=http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9236/seiganakin7uh.jpg]

This is from a series of photos my friend and I took from Anime Expo. I REALLY liked the way the saber glowed in this light. Also, never trust anyone with your saber >_<. I have to buy a new one. The scuffs on the hilt are just too disgusting for me to look at...

I also got to meet Danakin at Anime Expo! He was there as Vader with a few other 501st. It was awesome. He was Vader but the he had his helmet off with his Anakin hair so it was an interesting contrast. I told him about my Anakin costume and how I had just worn it a few hours prior and how it was up in my hotel room. I also told him how I admired his costume and thanked him for starting the thread. Too bad I was dressed as Advent Children Cloud Strife at the time ^^;;.

Overall Anime Expo was very cool. I was not alone in the Jedi aspect because I wound up talking with with some of the Rebel Legion and then people thought I was one of them and wanted pics of all of us XD. I was like "No! I'm a Sith not a Jedi!" It was very cool. My friend who wears AOTC Anakin was there in his costume and we kept going "I'm Anakin" "No I'm Anakin!" back and forth. It was good times XD.

Worst part was, I forgot my Obi at home, so I wore my costume Obiless XD. Overall very fun experience. Especially for being Anakin at an Anime con. (We started a Rebellion group of American Movie cosplayers XD.)

3. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    Yeah i like the way the anakin FX glows in mid light rooms. Looks so real on pics.
    What did happen to you fx? Has to be bad if you have to buy a new one.

I did not meet Dan yet, but i hope that i will one day, i think he may be a nice guy to talk with.
    I am glad that he has fun in the 501st, its a fun group to hang out with.

4. Kraykan-Jedi

Kraykan-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2005
    Hey guys

I Live in the UK - and im trying to track down an Adult size Rubies Anakin Glove.
    Currently my sister is in New York on holiday, and is trying to find one for me.

I have 2 questions.

1) Where is the best place for my sister to look for one in NY?
    2) If she cant find it, anyone in the UK know where I can get one? - every where I have tried so far says out of stock,
    and upon enquirying they have never had it over here...

PLEASE HELP - I really want to get one. I have decided to undertake my first ever costume - Anakin ROTS for a SCI FI
    convention here in Bournemouth Uk in November - should I be having this much difficulty finding the glove?

P.S Feezle - the wig you got - can you post a picture? alos where did you get it - thx

5. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Try Ebay for the glove :)

6. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Today I made an inch by inch plastic block at my dads work using a pressure pot so tomm, I'm gonna size the block up and cut out the ears, hopfully pics soon![face_praying]

7. morpheus1977_2000

morpheus1977_2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    is any body headed out to the San Diego comic-con this week I am lucky going there all 4 days including preview night but this will be my first time dressing up look forward to seeing all the cool outfits there...

8. morpheus1977_2000

May 2, 2005
    BTW if any body is looking for the rubies glove check out this web sight it was mailed out the same day I had ordered it and had it here with in 3 days..http://anniescostumes.com/adultstarwarsep3.htm

9. Squall_Skywalker

Squall_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    I'll be at Comic-Con as Anakin. Prolly all four days but not as Anakin all four days. I'll prolly be Cloud a little, too. Prolly try to enjoy myself most of the time, though (not easy to do all the time in costume).

10. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    I would so much love to be at comic con :( but like many may know, i am from old germany :(

I got a small con coming up this weekend, so lets see how good this will be in the end.

11. The_Random_Menace

The_Random_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    i got my glove from buycostumes.com

just got it today, and i must say rubies did a fine job...

EDIT: i think buycostumes.com was the cheapest i saw it cuz i looked everywhere...

from ebay to god knos what

12. morpheus1977_2000

May 2, 2005
    Squall are you going preview night also?? I will be dressing up also but not as anakin just as a dark Jedi and for people dressing up and going its supposed to be really really hot at the end of this week so HYDRATE I will be wearing a Camleback underneith my costume to keep plenty of fluids in...

13. Feezle-Nuts

Feezle-Nuts Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Here are a couple pics of me with the wig. And one without for comparison.

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~richardfeezle/mewithwig.jpg]

Yes I sweat more than any other person on earth. I need to play with the wig to give it more of a messy look but it has a lot of potential. Here is the link... http://www.acewigs.com/shop/wigs/Lacey_Wigs/4225.php#

I got light golden brown.

14. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Wow, that is a great wig! Good price too.

(btw, that is the saddest mannequin expression I have ever seen - hilarious pic on their site!)

15. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    LOL indeed, sad and scary!

Link set aside for a small reason ;)

16. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    not bad at all fezzle. Really a great price on that thing.

17. RENEGADE5555

RENEGADE5555 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2005
    Could any of you please give me dome great instructions for making an authentic ROTS Anakin belt? I'm really looking forward to making a great costume, and would love some pointers. I don't wanna go super duper expensive but for the entire belt including materials and detail, I want to be looking at about $100-$150. Like I said, I want to go as authentic as I can w/o the price making my eyes bleed. Thank you.

18. Feezle-Nuts

Dec 5, 2003
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/sdcc05/SDCC-MR/IMG_7623.JPG]

Master Replicas....

19. Darth97

Darth97 Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2005
    Guys, padawansguide.com just put up an article about the Anakin glove. Interesting to see. I was ready to go one myself, and after reading it, I'm reconsidering. I'm 5'8" and about 165lbs., from the looks of it, the glove will swallow my arm.

20. Drakonnen

Drakonnen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Huh. Well, good to know thats only a prototype and still needs to be developed further...hopefully.

Colors look kind of off to me. Looks like the undertunic is black.

21. Walruslord

Walruslord Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    well that master replicas pic makes me feel a little better. :p

22. Anakin-1

Anakin-1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2005
    Well I'm kinda new here but I'm not into formal greetings so let me just say "Hey, my name is Phil." Back to Anakin. . . .I was wondering how you found that picture of the prototype for the Anakin Master Replica costume. I had heard some stuff that they were gonna come out with one, but never from an official source. I know some of you guys that can have sweet fully loaded Anakin costumes might thinking it taints dressings up as Anakin, but I will say that I fully support Master Replicas on this one. But that's just my 2 cents.

23. ANAKINOS

ANAKINOS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    I fully agree with you if MR does start that in production. A costume by MR I truly think that they will cause me to have to file bankruptcy cause then i will have to look no farther for a costume. Plus anakin could be a start then who knows obi, droids, dare i say VADER. The possiblities are endless. I'm getting poorer thinking about it.

p.s. If you look close enough at the pic of the MR anakin costume does that look like a vader outfit. Thats my 2 cents.

24. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I would say the pics are from Comic-Con...

25. Feezle-Nuts

Dec 5, 2003
    Yeah they are from the Comic-Con.......they are4 on the Rebel Scum website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.