main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Anakin's Episode III Costume/Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DanakinSkywalker, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I have to say, that the look on the master replicas is not as bad as i was thinking that it would be.
    Well, i will not get it cause i dont like to buy finished stuff, but it will be just cool to get if they used
    the same places for velcro and so on.

2. darth_venator

darth_venator Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    DARTH SIDIOUS RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

over vader that is

3. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    ooooookay, what the heck is this all about.

4. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I'm going to refrain on commenting on the MR suit until we see something else other than a prototype...

5. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    well said Kev.

Btw, the endcaps came, thank you a lot again kevin :)

6. Anakin-1

Anakin-1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2005
    I dont know if it's possible to know this or not, but does anyone know what the price range for the MR Anakin costume will be?

7. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    once, somebody said it would be arround 600 $, but i think it will be more

8. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Good... Glad you like them :D

9. Walruslord

Walruslord Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm crossposting this from the RPF, I know a bunch of yall here have this glove but don't hand at the rpf too often:

I aquired a very nicely done, but unfortunately inaccurate DavidYR1 Anakin glove back sometime before the Episode 3 premier, and once CIII pictures and film reference came out they made it pretty obvious that the glove could be made a lot better looking. For cheap, too :D I know there are a few of you guys here that have this glove, so hopefully this helps you out or at least gives you ideas.

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~walruslord/rpf/glove/old.jpg]

Materials:
    Home Depot Jet Black baseboard, 3 foot section $2.22
    Walmart 1.5" black vinyl strips (It's very thick, just about any belt-leather type substitue would work, 3 foot section ~$2
    Meltonian Nu-Life, Color 636 Cordovan, ~$7 bucks. (it matches perfectly :D )
    Double Sided Tape
    New Buckles: Ebay, or buy a rubies glove and canabalize the buckles. $20-60

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~walruslord/rpf/glove/material.jpg]

I just cut out strips that were long enough to wrap around the 3 sections of the glove, and put a little slit near the ends for the straps on the glove itself to go through. Then I sprayed them with the nulife, cut matching strips of baseboard, and used some very strong doulbe sided tape to hold the baseboard on the strips.

It's not perfect looking, but it passes the "From 2 feet away it looks damn good" trooping test.
    [image=http://home.comcast.net/~walruslord/rpf/glove/g2.jpg]
    [image=http://home.comcast.net/~walruslord/rpf/glove/g1.jpg]
    [image=http://home.comcast.net/~walruslord/rpf/glove/g5.jpg]

10. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Hey... Thats my old glove that I sold you :)

Looks GREAT!!! :D Good job! I wish it looked like that at C3 when I still owned it :p

11. Walruslord

Apr 27, 2005
    Sure is, lol.

I'm completely happy with it at this point. It's not 100% right at the buckle-strap joint, but anyone who is going to notice that as I'm walking by, and then get upset about it, can kiss my @#$. :D Doing this and getting my boots has made my outfit look top-notch now.

12. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    Hey everybody,

i just got off the phone with Todd, the guy that will do the 100% accurate EP3 Anakin pouches.

He is allmost done with the final makeup on them. So everybody that is really willing to get them can contact me via PM
    and i will be happy to set you guys up.

Just to give you and idea, the guy is an sculpture artist, so he really knows how to work this stuff.
    Everybody that saw the first pouches he did for C3 will agree with me, that he is maybe the best dude for the job.

@ war: You did some nice makeup on your glove, looks really much nicer now. Somebody tryed to tell me just in the last days at darkside con in germany, that the glove is black :_|. I guess thiss will never change.
    Your said something about new boots that you got. Would you min dposting a pic of them? I dont know if you did allready but then i might have missed the picture.

-Flo

13. Walruslord

Apr 27, 2005
    They are the Motorcowboy ones
    [image=http://home.comcast.net/~walruslord/rpf/boots.jpg]

Not 100% accurate but from 2 feet away you can't tell. I was actually more than impressed with how they look, I'm kind of an accuracy freak when I can be so I was hesitant to aquire them at first. What they lack in total accuracy they more than make up for it with professionalism and an authentic feel.

And I am down for a run of pouches, hit me up with the info please. :D

14. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    Well, the MC are not bad at all. But lets say there are many things that are not accurate at them.

If Justin comes back to us he can tell you about it. I am not a real good story teller :)

15. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Nah I don't need too...at Least I hear MR will be MSRP the boots by themselves for 400....and more accurate too...but the prototypes from MR have a few issues to work out, but they have ALOT of potential.

As for MR's costume itslef...don't get me started....Even as a prototype I am sticking with my custom stuff.

And I cannot wait for Todd's pouches, once I get the first ones pictures will be posted and we will start up a list ;)

16. Walruslord

Apr 27, 2005
    Oh I know they are inaccurate, and I know almost exactly what's wrong with them, but they look close enough, and they fit me very well.

Like I said though, they look good enough from 2 feet away that I don't mind, and they have a very "professional" look to them, in that they look like a part of a really nice costume.

The MR boots didn't look too bad in that picture I saw, the costume looked like crapola though. Granted it's a prototype, but I thought they'd at least have a wool robe. If that thing is wool it's the worst looking wool I have ever seen.

17. Feezle-Nuts

Feezle-Nuts Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Doesn't Anakin's robe in ROTS look a bit thin?

18. morpheus1977_2000

morpheus1977_2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    my old black costume boots are just not working anymore I am trying to find a good pair of high boots with the thick sole and toe with the metal tab across the front does any body know where I could look for something like that??

19. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    For the boots, i cant help you really.

The robe, feezle, i have been checking for the details for a long time on the robe, an di know for sure that the wool is not very thin, its more heavy. Cause of the way it moves. THe one i have is a little to heavy, so that is not so nice for the ood, but i dont really care atm. Can allways change that.

20. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Got a chance to see up close and feel the early prototype of the MR costume and boots at Comic-Con. Not bad for an early prototype, although it did not include the belt. Apparently they are looking into Obi-Wan later, and will be available in S, M, L, maybe XL; and they WILL be using materials as the original. Some other details I can't go into since I've volunteered for them, and I was sworn to secrecy, but as soon as I (or they) release details, I'll post them here.

21. morpheus1977_2000

morpheus1977_2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    also if any body is interested and this is confirmed from a MR employe they are doing an Obi FX lightsaber and a DARTMAUL lightsaber...

22. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    I dont care for the MR Costume much really, i just dont like to buy a finished thing.

For the FX, sounds good to me, i just wonder what model of the obi-wan they are going to do

23. Anakin_4415

Anakin_4415 Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2005
    Hello i just have some questions about costuming and i know you have probably discused this a million times what color are the tabards are they black or dark brown where can i find the boots and a belt?

24. xFALLEN_JEDIx

xFALLEN_JEDIx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2005
    Hello everyone, Im new to the board. Just wanted to stop by and ask if anyone knew where to find buckles for an ANAKIN glove besides using the rubies one.

25. GreekGodChaos1234

GreekGodChaos1234 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2004
    anakin_4415, for boots, u may wanna try to look at ebay as one resource, or get a pair of motorcowboy boots, the belt...again, ebay, or look on google, i went to a site once and they had good belts, but i cant remember what site that was

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.