main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Anakin's fall to the Dark Side

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by General Immodet, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 13thsithlord

13thsithlord Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    the best thing in the finale was the ashoka and anakin connection her "i know" clearly was great.
    her decision to go also was a nice way to illustrate her strength and anakins own weakness in choosing the order over all - and of course his eventual decision to leave the order

darth fluffy likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't think her choice to leave makes her "strong" and his choice to stay makes him "weak." I think she made the wrong decision for the wrong reasons. Yeah, the Order had its flaws, but contrast what Ahsoka did with what Mace, Obi-Wan and Yoda did. Mace tried to save the Order after discovering who Palpatine was; Obi-Wan and Yoda, being (some of) the only surviving Jedi after Order 66, trained Luke and did their best to ensure that the Order would be rebuilt. That is strength. Not refusing to accept a sincere apology and walking out, causing the most pain to the person who had been most loyal to her.

As far as Anakin, he had planned to leave the Order so that he could come out in the open with Padme; that decision would have been the right one but shows neither strength nor weakness really.

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Agreed. As far as I'm concerned, the events depicted were never shown to be as cut-and-dry as that.

4. SeinEwigerSchatten

SeinEwigerSchatten Jedi Padawan star 1

May 10, 2013

It´s one thing to get a lame apology from the council, which betrayed you. But it´s another thing to serve with clones again, who tried to kill you, like Commander Fox did with Ahsoka.

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ashoka is smart enough to know that Commander Fox was following the orders he was given, as clones are programmed to do, and that it wasn't personal. At least I hope she's smart enough to understand this. Plus I'm sure she could request not to work with Fox again if necessary.

As far as the "lame" apology...what exactly is a "non-lame" apology? Groveling? The Jedi Council doesn't do that, nor should they. Also, what were they supposed to do at that point? They can't go back in time and make different decisions with the benefit of foresight. The Delorean with a flux capacitor belongs to another franchise, the Tardis, yet another.

6. SeinEwigerSchatten

SeinEwigerSchatten Jedi Padawan star 1

May 10, 2013
    Only a fool would continue to serve in an organisation that betrays him or her. Her decision to leave is an act of selfdefence. That Mortisarc comes to mind, where her older self (Which i think was the son) told her that she will not make it, if she remains Anakins student. Ahsoka just wants to live like everyone. Simple as that.

All that storywriting was damn cool. I think Filoni told Ahsoka that she would die and in the last Episode you can nearly feel that the digital 3D character Ahsoka Tano is making that decision by herself. It was like Filoni and Lucas only gave Ahsoka hints about a possible death and she decided to leave not just the order, also the Show called The Clone Wars. :p

Lucas and Failoni rock. :D

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    They followed procedure, it was her choice to see it as a "betrayal" because they didn't make an exception to procedure in order to accommodate her.

And you still haven't answered my question as to what they were supposed to do after the trial beyond apologize.

LOL wut? They weren't attacking her in the Council chambers. They were apologizing.

My opinions on the Craptis arc are pretty well known around here but that aside...she didn't leave because she smoked too many death sticks and saw a vision of her older self telling her something about not seeing her future if she remained Anakin's student. If that were among her reasons, she would have said so.

Once Anakin brought Barriss into the trial and Ahsoka was exonerated, nobody was trying to kill her. I'm hoping you don't think she got a vision of Order 66 happening when Obi-Wan and Yoda never got such a vision. That would be lame as hell.

I don't think Filoni and Lucas talked to Ahsoka since Ahsoka isn't a real person.

My understanding of the writing process was that Lucas had planned to have her die, but Filoni wanted her to live and talked Lucas into allowing it.

Going back to the discussion of how she influenced Anakin's fall...her death would have made far more sense as far as playing into Anakin's desperation to ensure that no one he loved, ever died under his watch again. The only issue would be explaining why he never mentioned her in ROTS. To me that still isn't explained, unless we are still years away from it. Under the current circumstances I would expect Anakin in the Council chambers to say "You took my Padawan from me and now you want to seat me on the Council without making me a Master???"

8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Speaking of Anakin's choices, I think Obi-Wan's new material serves as a better parallel than Ahsoka's.

Obi-Wan falls in love with Satine and knows he has to make a choice; commitment to the Order or commitment to Satine. He knows that he cannot place both on equal standing. Therefore, he chooses to leave Satine behind and serve the Jedi.

Anakin, however, tries to have it both ways. Instead of owning up and leaving the Order for Padme, he tries to serve both her and the Order. But in truth, Anakin is also unable to place both the Order and Padme on equal standing. This is what Sidious exploits to get him to betray the Order for his wife.

That parallel is actually one of my favourite things to come out of the Satine plot thread introduced in this show.

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yes, and it explains the animosity and distrust he seems quick to express towards the Jedi Council at the time of the events during ROTS. While watching Sith, you get the impression that there was definitely a rift created sometime between AOTC and ROTS. Although some might say, "well, that was rift was created in AOTC", it's still good to know that they went even further than just the loss of his mother.

10. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    I can't help but wonder if she knew about Anakin & Padme.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I doubt it; unlike Obi-Wan, she seems the type who would ask Anakin directly if she suspected anything.

12. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Pretty sure that in that particular scene, it was implicit that Ahsoka knew about, or at least suspected, Anakin and Padme's relationship, hence Anakin's look of shock following Ahsoka's words. Though it isn't stated directly, so it's somewhat open to interpretation, but to me, her words reflecting knowledge of the relationship makes the most sense.
    I think by then, after so much time spent as Anakin's apprentice, Ahsoka was aware enough of her (former) master's feelings that she would not ask him about such a sensitive and forbidden subject. How would he respond to that? Just my opinion, of course.

13. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    IGN: So do you think by the time she says “I know” in the season finale that maybe she doesn’t know they are married, but she knows that there’s probably something they’re hiding from everyone?

Filoni: You know me, I love to shy away from giving you an absolute answer, but I will tell you that when I wrote that particular moment, I wanted some kind of common bridge between the two characters before she walked off. I thought that it served a double purpose, and one of them serves a very sneaky fan servicing, to be honest with you. But the one is that it shows that she knows and that she knows Anakin so well that she knows this about him. I don’t know that she knows they’re married, but I know that she knows that he cares very deeply about Padme, and Padme about Anakin, and probably that it’s crossed a line. But because of the way that she’s seen the Jedi treat her, especially recently, it kind of makes her think, “Well, it’s probably not as wrong as I would have thought when I was young.”

Filoni definitely intended that "I know" to be Ahsoka acknowledging Anakin wanting to leave the Order for Padme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.