main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's Fall: Too Fast?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by MJedi, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    How can i resist :D

Well, to keep it short, i don't think it was the, pure, will of the force that Anakin left his mother in TPM. Qui-Gon didn't push him to the darkside or anything to me, not at all. But he did take him into a galaxy that, with all means, he simply wasn't ready for. He wasn't ready to leave his mother, and he wasn't ready for the Jedi Order. I don't even think having Qui-Gon as his master would've solved it all, because a lot of his problems, no matter what Anakin may say, have very little to do with his teachings, the Jedi or Obi-Wan. They have to do with himself, his loved ones and his control of the force. I don't see how having Qui-Gon would've changed Anakins life drastically.

But what it really comes down to is that Qui-Gon had to use the force to make sure Wattos chance-cube favoured Anakin - that's not the will of the force working, that's the will of Qui-Gon working. Obi-Wan made sure that he never interfered with Luke's life, and Luke still found his way to him and the force.

I think that it was destined that Qui-Gon meet Anakin, but not necessarily free him - i feel, 100%, that if Jinn hadn't freed Anakin; that Skywalker would still have found his way to become a Jedi, and fulfill the prophecy.

- O_F

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.