main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakins fate if Qui Gon survived

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by emporergerner, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    What is Qui-Gon Jinn survived what would have been Anakins fate. Would he stayed a Jedi and destroy the sith, or would he turn sooner let me explain.

If Anakin was trained by Qiu-Gon I think he would have someone to listen besides Palpatine and not turn to the dark side. I also think that Jinn could have done a mich better way of training Anakin then Obi-Wan did.

Or during the seperatists movement Jinn would have joined his former master and brought his apprentice Anakin with him. Remember Qui-Gon and the counsel did not always see eye to eye.

WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.

2. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    I'm pretty sure I saw a thread on this and the one I used to have but anyways. Qui-Gon would not have let Anakin talk much to Palps, he would be very aware of whatever Anakin did. Qui-Gon would look after anakin's actions carefully because he wanted to prove to the Council that Anakin is the chosen one.

3. Toughie

Toughie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Perhaps if Qui-Gon joined Count Dooku they would have lead the Seperatists without following Darth Sidious. Possible? Perhaps. And I believe if Anakin was under Qui-Gon he would have joined them as well. I think if that was the case it would be an entirely different story.

However in Episode II Anakin said if a dictatorship works... was that really Anakin speaking or was that the influence of Palpatine? Hmmmm

4. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Hmm, this is a toughie. I always thought that if Qui-Gon survived, Anakin would have been in much better hands. Most of Anakin's suffering wouldnt have happened because Qui-Gon would have done things differently than Obi-Wan. They would have been able to save Shmi. He also might not have gotten his arm cut off by Dooku, thus him not killing Dooku out of revenge later and feeling the power of the darkside. I also think that Qui-Gon would have helped him find a way to save Padme or maybe atleast explain to him better why they shouldnt get involved. I also think that he wouldnt have talked to Palpatine that much, maybe Qui-Gon would prevent it, I always got the feeling that the only reason he went to Palpatine for guidance was because his first father figure, Qui-Gon had died. He needed someone to replace him and unfortunately Palpatine was the guy for the job.

5. Toughie

Toughie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    I agree, I think if Qui-Gon had lived Anakin would have been more open with Qui-Gon than he had with Obi-Wan. And even though I love Obi and all, he just wasn't good at dishing out advice. It's like whenever Anakin wanted advice from Obi-Wan he'd give some sort of cryptic response or something that doesn't ease the anxiety (dreams pass in time.. what crap is that? lol). Also, Obi's reasoning for anything was just because the order says so. That's all, he didn't have any other reasoning besides that. Qui-Gon wasn't like that.

6. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I agree with many of the points here, heres my two cents.

Anakin respected Qui Gon because he did what he had to do, regardless of the council approved or not. Obi wan was just a padawan when he first got Anakin to train, therefore as Anakin progressed as a Padawan I'm sure he realized he shouldn't have been taking orders from someone whose just had about as much training as he did. Qui Gon was a master for many years.

Also, Qui Gon thought alot like Anakin, beyond the lines and rules of the Jedi Order. Anakin wouldn't have been so concealed, he most likely would've told Qui Gon about Padme and his mother instead of going to Palpataine, and then the trust bridge between them never would've happened. Qui Gon would've understood that Anakin could not be detached from his mother at that age, and let him see her and help her just to continue his training,and keep him on the right path. He would've been more focused on Anakin and noticed when he went out of line,and guided him back to the right place.

He would look past the rules of the Jedi Order, allow him to feel the feelings he felt,and think the thoughts he thought, but just show him the right path.

As for joining Dooku,No he probably wouldn't. Though he did respect his old master, the respect he had for him would force him to destroy him the moment he turned to the darkside.

7. sepharih

sepharih Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2005
    I believe that had Qui-gon survived, Anakin would not have fallen.

Here are my reasons why, as posted on another thread:

Obi-wan was Luke's father figure. Qui-gon is Anakin's father figure, Obi-wan is more like Anakin's brother. That was why Qui-gon was created I think, because Lucas realized that the way Obi-wan spoke of Anakin in ANH and ROTJ made him sound far more like a brother in arms rather than a father figure. And that makes all the difference in his training.
    Half the time Obi-wan is just trying to keep Anakin undercontrol, and for most of the time he isn't. The simple fact is that while Anakin may like Obi-wan and may enjoy fighting alongside him, he does not respect him as a mentor.
    "Anakin: In some ways, in a lot of ways, I'm really ahead of him."
    Just look at the opening scenes in AOTC, how Anakin is so apt to argue with Obi-wan and overstep his bounds. While Obi-wan shadowed Qui-gon, watched him and payed attention to his lead, Anakin completely disregards Obi-wan's opinion or point of view on the matter, preffering instead to argue or convince obi-wan that his own is superior. The apprentice has overstepped his bounds. This is not entirely Obi-wan's failing as Anakin, rather than learning his place as the apprentice chooses instead to blame Obi-wan for not seeing his potential, but it is Obi-wan's failing that he has not managed to gain Anakin's respect in the 10 years between TPM and AOTC.

Obi-wan does this once in all TPM. And that is in relation to Anakin.
    Obi-wan oversteps his bounds as the apprentice and claims that Qui-gon's view of Anakin is short sited and he is unable to see what should be blatantly obvious, that the boy is dangerous. Qui-gon says simply "The council will decide Anakin's fate, and that should be enough for you. Now get on board." Obi-wan does not persist in his argument. He leaves and begins to quietly reflect on what has happend. Then afterwards he apoligizes for his blatant disrespect and Qui-gon seeing this complements Obi-wan and all is well.
    While I do believe Qui-gon to be the better teacher, Anakin's fall can be chocked up too(besides the will of the force) Anakin's impatience and brashness, Obi-wan's inexperience as an instructor, and most of all the volatile relationship which these two share.
    From the moment that Qui-gon stands in front of the Council attempting to take Anakin as his apprentice a subtle rivalry is established. Obi-wan is as much Qui-gon's son as Anakin is, but Obi-wan as the older brother is feeling slightly betrayed at how he is being seemingly cast asside for the "new and improved" student. Anakin is young and naive, but not enough i'm sure to not realize that the only reason Obi-wan took him as a student to begin with was it was Qui-gon's dying wish. Now i'm not suggesting that Obi-wan didn't love anakin, because he most definately did grow very fond of him. But at the same time, issues like that can leave a grudge between to people that are not easily rectified.
    From the get go Anakin was very respectfull of Qui-gon and would have learned his place as the student very early on, and if he didn't Qui-gon would not simply stand for his disobedience
    There's a reason why Obi-wan Qui-gon's duel with Darth Maul is called Duel of the Fates.
    Because it is in that Duel that everyone's fate is sealed. Qui-gon's death is one of, if not the most powerful death in the saga because his death represents that all Hope of avoiding the darkness and destruction of the coming days is lost.. This is why I think alot more people are starting to warm up to TPM finally. Because now that they've seen how the saga comes together, they're realizing that despite looking "kiddy" on the surface, beneath that, it is all so horrificly tragic.

8. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    There's a reason why Obi-wan Qui-gon's duel with Darth Maul is called Duel of the Fates.
    Because it is in that Duel that everyone's fate is sealed. Qui-gon's death is one of, if not the most powerful death in the saga because his death represents that all Hope of avoiding the darkness and destruction of the coming days is lost.. This is why I think alot more people are starting to warm up to TPM finally. Because now that they've seen how the saga comes together, they're realizing that despite looking "kiddy" on the surface, beneath that, it is all so horrificly tragic.

So well put I completely agree with you.

9. The_Random_Menace

The_Random_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    well... Palpatine's plan would've been destroyed if qui-gonn lived... He foresaw anakin turning dark and saw qui-gonn's death

10. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    =D= =D= =D= Well said, bravo. I completely agree, I just wish I was smart enough to think of that.

11. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    It would have been more tragic, a duel between Dooku and Qui-Gon.

12. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I totally agree with sepharih. Kudos for such a well put argument.

That was my thought too. This is ever more resonant now that the PT closes with a reprise of Qui-Gon's funeral at the darkest moment of the saga.

13. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I think Anakin wouldn't turn. He would be able to talk to Qui-Gon about his dreams, Qui-Gon would probably know about his hidden marriage.
    Unlike Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon was more liberal, I think he would understood Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.