Anakins Father

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by TONYYGFUHJ, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TONYYGFUHJ Jedi Padawan

Anakins father is Darth Sidious/ Senator Palpatine/ Chancellor Palpatine.

Why doesnt anyone see that?

Also, Lucas has already said that by Episode III, we wont know WHO to trust.

Even Yoda.

I theory that Scmhii was a very evil woman, in cahoots with her original husband, THE SOON TO BE EMPEROR.

2. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I don't think so. Anakin's midichlorian count is pretty high for him to have been fathered by Sidious, a mere mortal. Plus, it seems awfully unlikely that Lucas will try to make another shocking revelation about parentage in a Star Wars film. Been there, done that.
  3. TONYYGFUHJ Jedi Padawan

Who ever said Sidious actually died?

Ive heard rumors that it was a mere clone of sidious that died, beaten by Darth Vader.
    Sidious has the power of the dark side, hmmmm.

Sidious is anakins father, and Lukes grandfather.

And schmii was evil,

4. Grieve Jedi Knight

star 1
    Uhhh, no. Too much duality is BAD. If Sidious/Palpatine were really lukes grandfather, I think he would have used that to try and turn luke. There would have been some mention of it or hint at it in the OT, but there isn't.
  5. TONYYGFUHJ Jedi Padawan

Darth Vader tried to lure Luke to the dark side by telling him that he was his father.

This same thing lured Darth Vader to the dark side in Ep III,

Vader was trying to do to Luke what Sidious had done to him......

Use the parentage thing.

Sidious is Vaders father, and Lukes grandpalpy.

6. Grieve Jedi Knight

star 1
    That's exactly what I said. Sidious/Palpatine would try to use that against Luke.
  7. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    My "mere mortal" comment wasn't a reference to Palpatine's death in RotJ but rather to the fact that Palpatine is just some guy who happens to be a Sith lord and not the midichlorians or the Force itself, which is what the prophesy tells us will father the Chosen One.
  8. Corran_Horn_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Last time I checked a mere mortal can't shoot force lightning from his fingertips.
  9. noble1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    yoda is the one you seek... father of anakin.
  10. The_Bat Jedi Knight

star 1
    Folks, I think that Dooku is Anakin's father. Recall the similarities between Vader/Luke's fights, where Vader cuts his son's hand off, then gets beaten by him, and Palpatine asks Luke to take his father's place at his side. In this trilogy, Dooku cuts off Anakin's hand, and in episode III, I think Anakin will kill Dooku and take "his father's place" at Palpatine/Sidious' side. I also think that Dooku was his father and was the one who had the Tuskens kidnap Shmi so that Anakin would have to go to Tatooine and rescue her, bringing his emotions out and killing the Tuskens, freeing his dark side for later exploitation by the Sith. Why else would Shmi hide the fact that Dooku is dad? Cuz he is bad and the Jedi would not have taken him if they knew he was a child of the Sith. I think Dooku was the one who sold Shmi into slavery on Tatooine in the first place. Hmmm, lot's to think about.
  11. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    If Anakin did have a father who was versed in the dark side, why would he have given a child with such potental up?
  12. ghost_dog Jedi Knight

star 1
    mabey he didnt know about him ? mabey dooku had a forbidden marrage like anakin did but then he went to the dark side and left shmi as a slave... or is that too far fetched ? :)
  13. Arachnophilia Jedi Knight

star 2
    anakin's father figure IS palpatine. in aotc. watch for it. the way they act together.

just like ob1 was luke's father figure.

but his actual father? i doubt it.
  14. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    It's simple. If Anakin was not concieved ONLY by the midichlorians, he would not be the chosen one.

Thus, Anakin has NO father. End of discussion.

Besides, pulling a Father/So reference out of nowhere all of a sudden would be the only thing I would not respect from SW.

ST
  15. The_Bat Jedi Knight

star 1
    No, it's not the end of the discussion. Anakin does NOT have to be a product just of the midiclorians. The prophecy (as far as I know) doesn't say the chosen one has to have a high midiclorian count, or have no father, or anything like that, just that he brings balance to the force. And my reasons for thinking Dooku is his father are still there in my previous post above, care to address them?
  16. jedi4500 Jedi Knight

star 1
    i am witht The__Bat on this one...also dooku could have killed anakin in AOTC, but didnt...there is definetely something going on there...
  17. ami-padme Jedi Master

star 4
    The prophecy (as far as I know) doesn't say the chosen one has to have a high midiclorian count, or have no father, or anything like that, just that he brings balance to the force.

Actually, being conceived by the midichlorians is the telling characteristic of The Chosen One. When Qui-Gon goes before the Council, he says he's found a boy with the highest midichlorian count he's ever seen in a lifeform, and that it's possible the boy was conceived by the midichlorians...Mace immediately says, "You're referring to the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the Force." The conception by the midis is a big part of the prophecy -- it's the part that tells the Jedi who the Chosen One is. If the prophecy had never mentioned the Chosen One being born without a father, I'd think Qui-Gon would be a little bit confused by Shmi's story, since it wouldn't make the least bit of sense.

At any rate, the thought of GL trying the "I am your father" thing twice for no real reason, and when there hasn't been any set up for it with Anakin's character makes me cringe. I was never one that felt there had to be a big ol' shocker for the PT, but I'll be open to most possibilities when Ep. III comes around. This "twist" however (whether its Palpy, Dooku, Qui-Gon, some random Tatooine desert dweller, who knows) would just be silly, IMO.
  18. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Also, Lucas has already said that by Episode III, we wont know WHO to trust.

Even Yoda.

Bah humbug.
  19. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    anakin's father figure IS palpatine. in aotc. watch for it. the way they act together.

just like ob1 was luke's father figure.

but his actual father? i doubt it.

Agreed.
  20. Darthmcm Jedi Master

star 4
    His father is Lando. Because Lando can time travel :p
  21. jedijake Jedi Knight

I really think that the statement about Anakin being conceived by the Force itself serves the purpose of letting it all rest. If there was more to Anakin's origin, it would open a whole new can of worms and we would want to see 3 new prequels to tell the story of Anakin's dad and so on.

I did, however, come up with a theory which spotlights Kane Starkiller. Not Anakin's dad, but rather someone who befriended Shmi (kind of like Joseph).

Ten years before EpI, the Mandalorian conquest had been taking place. In a far off planet, the Mandalorians had developed clone technology to help their race. Somehow, a younger Palpatine got a hold of the technology and offered to secretly use it to help royalty on Naboo to stay protected by creating decoys.

The Mandalorians, also involoved in slave trading, got upset and the battles took place. It was not a major war, but it was enough to cause Jedi such as Qui-Gon Jinn, to get their feet wet in major battle that hadn't been seen by most Jedi at the time.

Anyway, during a battle, Kane Starkiller, a great Jedi warrior, befriended a young slave named Shmi. This was forbidden and they knew it. What was not known is that Shmi was also from Sith origin long ago. She didn't know it.

When Shmi became pregnant to both her and Kane's surprise (they hadn't conceived), it became apparent that this child was somehow special. However, Kane kept it a secret to avoid expulsion.

The Mandalorians, having captured a few Jedi, began to tamper with their newly developed clone technology and created a few DARK JEDI commandos. While most were easily defeated by the Jedi, one supercommando Dark Jedi began to pursue Kane and Shmi across the galaxy. They sought refuge on Dagabah, where the magical child was born.

On the remote planet of Dagabah, Kane finally confronted this Dark Jedi clone and faced him in the now fabled "magic tree". Screaming to Shmi to leave the planet, she asked how she would know how to fly and where to go. Realizing that something was special about the now 3-year old child, Kane shouted that the child will "walk them through the sky if you let him point the way". Shmi went on faith and boarded the ship with the child. Low and behold, the child miraculously guided his mother and the ship to safety on Tatooine. He had indeed "walked them through the sky" and was named Skywalker.

On Dagabah, Kane and the Dark Jedi killed each other in a horrible battle. The dark side power that eminated lasted in the tree for decades.

So much for the theory from "Heir to the Empire" about Yoda facing a dark Jedi on Dagabah, I guess.
  22. PDZSY Jedi Knight

star 1
    If Anakin has a father, Dooku is that man. There were three subtle hints in Ep.II that could possibly mean Dooku is Anakin's father.

1. First and foremost, Count Dooku is going to play a very large role in the Star Wars saga. If that was not the case, Lucas would have had him killed by Yoda in AOTC. Darth Maul was killed and he didn't play any role in the OT, but was Dooku? No way. That's because Dooku is intended to play an important role in Ep.III. And what better role than to be Anakin's father.

2. Next time you go see AOTC, pay close attention to the part where Dooku slices off Anakin's hand. Watch his facial expressions. They don't show triumph. They don't show relief. They don't show happiness. They show sorrow and regret. A father (no matter what side he's on),would not enjoy slicing his son's hand off. Look for it next time, it's obvious Lucas is trying to tell us something.

3. Dooku could have easily slaughtered Anakin when he sliced his hand off, but instead, he didn't even try. Even during his duel with Yoda, when he hurled that pillar at Obi-Wan and Anakin to make his escape, he knew Yoda would save them. Dooku wasn't dumb. Remember, Yoda was once his master, so from past experience, he knew that Yoda would save them without hesitation.

The way I see it, one of two things will happen. 1. Anakin will indeed have been conceived by the midichlorians or 2. Dooku will be his father. Either way, this I am sure of, Dooku will play a tremendous role in Anakin' turn to the dark side.
  23. Kay-Elle Jedi Knight

star 1
    Two words : immaculate + conception
  24. JediLord Force Ghost

star 4
    Anakin is the Chosen One. The Chosen One is conceived by the midis. Anakin has no father. GL has said that there is no father.
  25. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    Why would Lucas bother to introduce the idea of the immaculate conception in relation to anakin, if he was going to contradict that by saying he has a father?
    Use your brain god damn it.
    We wont have another "i am you father" thing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.