main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakins Father

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by TONYYGFUHJ, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenobikenobi

kenobikenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2002
    using the same twist twice would be very, very lame. Besides which, this was already explained in TPM.

2. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Shmi evil? I'm sorry, that would just lame-ize everything. It would de-dramatify Anakin's fall, too, IMO. And pretty much all of Episode II...

3. PDZSY

PDZSY Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Have any of you ever thought that maybe Anakin was conceived by midichlorians AND has a father. Let me explain. First of all, I've said this once and I'll say it again. If Anakin has a father, Dooku is that man. So let's say that maybe Shmi wasn't on Tatooine all her life, maybe she started out as a slave on a different planet. Now remember, Dooku was once a Jedi. So, what if Dooku rescued and maybe freed Shmi on one of his missions. In time, they fell in love and eventually got married in secret, just like Anakin and Padme'. Marriage is forbidden among Jedi, so what if he became paranoid that someone would discover his secret. It's also possible that Shmi saw the evil in him, and tried to leave him. Dooku, not wanting to risk letting her go free because of the fear that someone would discover he had been married, sold her back as a slave to the Hutts on Tatooine. On Tatooine, Shmi eventually wound up enslaved to Watto and probably helped him around his shop like Anakin did. Now for the midichlorian part. Let's say Shmi finds out she's pregnant and there's no father. She knew it wasn't Dooku's because she had been away from him for years. In nine months, Anakin was born, fatherless. If this is was, indeed, what happened, it would make sense in the Phantom Menace, when Shmi said to Qui-Gon, "There was no father. I can't explain what happened." Also, if George Lucas stated the Anakin had no father, he could have very easily pulled a trick on the audience, like he's been known to do sometimes. He could have meant paternal father, not a father-like figure. If Anakin found out in Ep.III, that Dooku betrayed his mom, sold her (and eventually him) into slavery, and was behind the assassination attempts on Padme's life, I think that would be enough to turn him to the dark side, don't you? Anyway, this was just a thought I came up with by trying to combine both questions into one answer. So, what do you think of my idea?

4. kenobikenobi

kenobikenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2002
    well, if she was pregnant that long afterwards, it would'nt be Dooku's kid. I mean think about it, you have um..."relations" with your girlfriend, then, 5 years later she gets married and has a baby. Is that baby yours? no. see what I mean?

5. mtmaccormack

mtmaccormack Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    Isn't it possible for Sideous or Dooku to use their power of the force to impregnate Shmi? Then the prophecy would still be true, AND Sideous or Dooku could claim to be Anakin's "Father".

6. MasterJedi33

MasterJedi33 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    I know Dooku is definitely not Anakin's father. Two reasons to support this are: when she answers Qui-Gon that there was no father. She clearly explains how he just grew inside of her, and she doesn't know how to explain it. Dooku was not A Sith at the time of birth. 10 yers before PM, Dooku was part of the council before him and 20 others broke off which included Qui-Gon. They were still on the light side of the force. It is assumed that Dooku teamed up with Sidious after the Battle of Naboo because of his talk with Obi-Wan, explaining how he and the Viceroy teamed together after Siduous betrayed him. Also, another thing Dooku plays both sides very well, but if he had been a Sith 20 years before AOTC the Council would have sensed it earlier. And another fact is how there can only be two Sith no more no less. Siduous and Darth Maul held that title during TPM. So, Dooku wouldn't have had his son hid. Because, he would have trained him himself after they had broken off from the council.

7. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    For the last time Anakin has NO father.
    If he did then the revelation would have been in AOTC.
    But Lucas has explained Anakin's existance as a creation of the Force.

8. PDZSY

May 18, 2002
    "well, if she was pregnant that long afterwards, it would'nt be Dooku's kid. I mean think about it, you have um..."relations" with your girlfriend, then, 5 years later she gets married and has a baby. Is that baby yours? no. see what I mean?"
    --Kenobikenobi

I see your point, but I said Shmi was Dooku's wife, not girlfriend. There's a big difference. And no, if Dooku and Shmi were seperated for five years and Anakin was conceived by midichlorians, it would not be Dooku's baby. What I meant was Dooku could easily use the fact that he was the closest thing Anakin ever had to a paternal father, and use it against him, turning him to the Dark Side. Anakin would also be outraged by the fact that Dooku was the man responsible for ruining his mother's life by condemning her to a slave's life. I see what you mean, but there are still many ways it could happen.

9. rich_meister

rich_meister Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    DOESN'T ANYONE BELIEVE IN THE PROPHECY?

Come on, Dooku can't be Anakin's father. As the facts previously mentioned support that. But there IS going to be a big surprise waiting for us when we enter the theatres in 2005. And we can't ever guess it. That's how much of a surprise it will be.

But perhaps Yoda did get a little frisky one lonely night on Tatooine. ;)

10. theUnknownjedi

theUnknownjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    "I see your point, but I said Shmi was Dooku's wife, not girlfriend. There's a big difference."

No theres not. It's like sayin I was married to a lady than divorced her and she re-married and had a kid. It's still not my son. BTW, I liked the Kane Starkiller story.

11. PDZSY

May 18, 2002
    First of all, let me say that I fully agree with most of you that Dooku is NOT Anakin's father. I'm sorry my earlier postings implied that. I didn't say that Dooku was Anakin's father, I said that Dooku was Shmi's husband. And if everything played out the way I predicted it to in my earlier posting, Dooku could use this knowledge against Anakin, and play a major role in Anakin's turn to the dark side. Like I said, Dooku could use the fact that he ruined his mother's life from every angle, and soon you've got Anakin charging at him in a violent rage.

So to sum up my entire thoughts on the "Anakin's Father" theory, let me say that I believe Anakin did not have a father. He was conceived by midichlorians, simple as that. But remember, just because Anakin never had a father, doesn't mean that Shmi never had a husband.

12. Yodaspackage

Yodaspackage Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2002
    Yes Dooku is Anakins father. Shmi found out that Dooku would kill any offspring, because for some reason offsprings tend to wipe out their dads, and went into hiding. Now Anakins back in the spotlight so Dooku will help get him to the darkside. But Palpy doesn't like the father/son relationship and decides to take out Dooku to keep Anakin for himself. So Ep.3 Dooku vs. Palpy!!!

13. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Shmi found out that Dooku would kill any offspring, because for some reason offsprings tend to wipe out their dads, and went into hiding.

[face_laugh]

14. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    No, no, no.

Anakin's parentage will not be elaborated upon any further. "There was no father" - and that's that. It adds a necessary, practically Christ-like stature to Anakin's mythical importance in the Star Wars saga. Revealing a material father would reduce Anakin's importance as a child of the Force, and the central figure of the entire saga.

Other considerations:

- The whole point of midichlorians, as I see it, was not to explain the Force (they don't explain the Force, just how it's tapped into), but rather Anakin's conception.

- Neither midichlorians nor Anakin's parentage are even mentioned in AOTC.

- There is no point to revealing a father, even if there was one. What purpose would that possibly serve in the saga?

- Remember that, because ROTJ is the end of the saga, all loose ends are tied up by then. Introducing a twist in who fathered Anakin would mean that the twist would have to be tied up within the span of the same movie, as this subject is not covered in the OT - which is far too short, considering the magnitude of such a revelation.

15. markdil

markdil Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2002
    Hahaha, this thread is a joke right?

16. Masterjabba

Masterjabba Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    I think Jabba is his father

17. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    I'm anakins father, I always was. ;) :p [face_plain]

18. young_padme

young_padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2002
    You guys need to remember that George made these movies for kids so he isn't going to have complicated twist in the plot like Anakin suddenly having a father. Shimi already said that there was no father so I don't think George is going to confuse the kids by saying that Ani does have a father and Shimi was lying. In Star Wars the most obvious explanation is usually the right explanation.
    ;)

EDIT: I forgot my little winking smiley face!

19. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    Can't forget you're little winking smiley face now can ya ;)

20. MASTER-BOMOS-TELMON

MASTER-BOMOS-TELMON Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    Can't be Dooku, Dooku didn't leave the Jedi Order until after Qui Gon's death. That means the Anakin had already been brought before the council. Had that been the case, then Dooku would have relieved ObiWan of the burden of Qui Gons request to train Anakin and just taken Anakin as his apprentice to honor Qui Gons wish. Makes training him in the Sith Arts much easier, don't you think.
    Where did you get this Kane StarKiller thing??? I'd like to read that.
    Palpatine??? Could be... doubtful that Lucas will reneg on his immaculate conception, but it wouldn't be the first time. But like I said... I doubt it. Anakin, like the prophecy says, was concieved of the midiclorians. Hence... no boom boom, no Daddy.

21. SW_Holiday_Special

SW_Holiday_Special Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I like PDZSY's theory.

22. There_IS_no_Conflict

There_IS_no_Conflict Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    I kind of like MasterJabba's theory.

23. PDZSY

May 18, 2002
    Thanks SW-Holiday-Special, I thought it made some sense, and hope that's how it works out if Anakin does indeed have a father-figure of some kind.

24. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
  25. BobaFett688

BobaFett688 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2001
    Okay, so Yoda beats the living crap out of Dooku and we can't trust him? Psshhh.

PALPATINE IS NOT ANAKIN'S FATHER.

He was conceived of the Force to Shmi. Exactly how Jesus was conceived to Mary; it's the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.