main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakins Father

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by TONYYGFUHJ, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWord

TheWord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    They are talking about the possibility of the prophecy, not the aspects of the birth. The virgin birth is a given, the prophecy is a speculation. I agree with the guy above me. Those of you who want Anakin to have a father revealed in Ep.III are literarily retarded. That would be the worst thing I can think of other than Palpatine and Sidious not being the same person.

2. jEdI_kEnObI80

jEdI_kEnObI80 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2003
    Maybe Anakin's father is Qui-Gon? Hey, Jinn DID insist that Anakin should be trained as a Jedi, and he risked his and the other people who went with him to Tatooine's lives on the Podrace bet just to free Anakin. PLUS he and Shmi were starting to give each other those "looks". Hmmmm...

3. KosmicKnine

KosmicKnine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Jinn DID insist that Anakin should be trained as a Jedi,...

Well, Qui-Gon did believe that Anakin was the Chosen One, so naturally he would want Anakin trained as a Jedi.

...and he risked his and the other people who went with him to Tatooine's lives on the Podrace bet just to free Anakin.

Qui-Gon only bet Anakin's podracer in his endeavor to free Anakin from slavery.

Qui-Gon risked stranding himself and the others on Tatooine in his effort to be able to afford the materials needed to repair the ship. This risk of being stranded had nothing to do with Anakin's freedom.

4. Obikon

Obikon Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2003
    Ok in EpI it was said by Anakins mother when asked by Qui-Gon who was the father? "There was no father I carried him and gave brith." Now I ask you this would Lucas say something and go back on what he said?

5. KosmicKnine

May 31, 2002
    Ok in EpI it was said by Anakins mother when asked by Qui-Gon who was the father? "There was no father I carried him and gave brith." Now I ask you this would Lucas say something and go back on what he said?

Of course he would, but that's really not important. Anakin being conceived by the midi-chlorians is there to provide Anakin with the same kind of atypical and mystical birthing history that many heroes throughout mythology have: one human parent, and one god parent (I'm not saying the midi-chlorians are gods, so don't jump that gun; I'm saying they're on the same level in terms of their mythological placing). It wouldn't fit in the same vein if GL to pull the carpet out and have Anakin have a human father and have Shmi's story just be some falsehood.

6. padawan_ry

padawan_ry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    ___HE HAS NO FATHER____
    YOU TARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    I agree with padawan_ry, to a less violent degree of course. Mr. Lucas didn't want to have to go there with Anakin's father and everything, so simply "There was no father". He's the chosen one.

It's simple, call me colse minded, but there's no reason to over-complicate things.

8. KosmicKnine

May 31, 2002
    YOU TARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, that was blatantly rude of you.

9. ryan123450

ryan123450 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 23, 2003
    Anakin has no father. Shmi said so herself.

10. Crispy_Fried_Dentic

Crispy_Fried_Dentic Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2003
    If the words "I am your father" are said in III I will jump out of my seat, march up to the film room, rip the film straight off the role and pee on it. Then proceed to the front for my money back.

LOL [face_laugh]

KfistoRox, I totally agree with you, I'd do the same thing. And I'd burn the reel if Anakin kills Padme, but that's for another thread.

Anakin has no father and Anakin is the Chosen One.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.