main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's Force Control *Films only, no EU mentions please.*

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Alixen, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Just how did the Council ever doubt Anakin was the Chosen One?!

I was just re-watching AOTC, after reading RotS a second time, today, and even before the age most Padawan's become Knight's he is able to use the Force better than anyone we have seen in the films.

Lets think of what he has done, and will have done before, that the Council have overlooked;

Sense: having such a strong connection to the force he can tell when drop onto a quickly moving speeder from hundreds of feet up.
    And managing it.

Droid Factory: when he starts moving things with the Force, it's effortless, but not only that, he controls around a dozen things at once.
    He doesnt even have to focus, just gesture at them and move onto the next thing he wants to chuck.

Arena: not only do all the Jedi exept the pretty much Exeptinally skilled Jedi die, he watches Padme's back throughout the latter half of the battle, probobly deflecting things from her as they ride around.

Dueling: Even after, going by what Obi-Wan says early on, neglecting his Saber practice, fighting a battle, and being fried and slammed into a wall with the force, he still manages to save Ob-Wan and does better against Dooku than a highly experianced Jedi Knight.
    As a teenage apprentice at that.

If he is able to show all this in the restricted events of a single film, it's not hard to beleive he shows his power like this often.

Just why were the Council so sceptical of him?

Yes he isnt quite as mature as Obi-Wan was, but most of his problems were things that wouldnt matter and would be ironed out as a fresh Knight.

Going by what he says the Council hadnt even given him a chance to prove himself til AotC, and even then its back-handed, it feels more like something to keep him out of the way while Obi-Wan works.

I dont really have a point, more liek a biased Observation lol

2. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    The idea of the "Chosen One" is based in Jedi lore and old prophecy. No matter how compelling it is, there are always going to be a few detractors and skeptical followers. Add to that Anakin's emotional and development issues, and I can see why they might still be unsure about it. Personally, I always intepreted it the problem more that the Jedi Council was concerned for what his future held more than anything regarding the prophecy. Anakin is a very promising student, but keep in mind that few Jedi in the Council trust him. He has the power to bring balance, but he also has the power to utterly destroy it, too - a possibility that weighs heavily on the minds of the masters in the Order. Unfortunately, ROTS will confirm their fears in the worst way.

Otherwise, I actually see more of the Council confirming Anakin's ability than anything else. They recognize quite clearly that he's surpassed expectations in quite a few ways. After all, they assign Anakin a mission by himself when he's only a twenty year old apprentice. That doesn't seem to be a very common practice, and Obi Wan definitely shows concern over it. Additionally, on Geonosis, Obi Wan quite blatantly believes in Anakin's skill enough to have him attempt to defeat Dooku with two lightsabers.

There's alot of evidence to support the opposite - that the Jedi actually had alot of faith in Anakin's abilities. It was his devotion to the Order and lack of emotional control that kicked up conflict, suspicion, and concern.

3. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    They didn't want to train him because his future was clouded up by the dark side. It didn't matter how powerfull he was. Actually, the more powerfull he was, the more they had to worry. I think it was uncomon for the Council not to see a Jedi's future that is why they were reluctent to train him.

4. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Every great man is doubted at some point or another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.