main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Anakin's Funeral Part III: On Your Heads (NJO Tahiri vignette, angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NYCitygurl, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Title: On Your Heads
    Author: NYCitygurl
    Timeframe: DJ, Anakin's funeral
    Summary: Tahiri's thoughts at Anakin's funeral
    Notes: This is a third in a series of vignettes that started in Could You Really? and continued in Baptism of Fire. Each vignette is a different character's thoughts at Anakin's funeral. All the titles were provided by the Title Challenge.

On Your Heads

~~~~~~

Anakin and I were . . . different than most people. We made an odd pair. He was always quiet and introspective, and you couldn?t get me to shut up. I finally did, after I was shaped, and Anakin started talking more to make up for it. I think that amused his brother.

When we were younger, we were crazy. Force, we were always crazy?it didn?t stop when we grew up. We were the kind of people with so much energy and excitement that you would be standing on your heads and totally dizzy once we were done with you.

And then he left me, to go fight in the war against the Yuuzhan Vong with his uncle. I hated him for leaving me alone. When he came back, I made sure he knew it. But it wasn?t the same Anakin who came back. The Anakin who had left me was a boy; the one who came back to me was a man.

Our relationship was still the same . . . but at the same time, it was different. There was something new there. It took us a while to figure out what it was. It took an almost-death experience, though hardly our first.

Anakin was the one who brought me back from my shaping experience. Anakin was the one who was with me in a locker in a space station. Anakin was the one who gave me my first kiss. Anakin was the one who made me fall in love.

Anakin was the body lying on the pyre in front of me.

You see, on that horrible, stupid mission to Myrkr, I had let him go off and get himself killed. I had promised him a kiss when he returned. I hadn?t know that he would return as a corpse.

Anakin was my best, maybe only, friend. He was the light in my life. My love. And I had denied him one last kiss. I knew I would never forgive myself.

Where had my friend gone? Surely he couldn?t be the cold being lying on the slab. He wasn?t the hero they were all commemorating. He was my best friend. He was the person who would leave you on your head.

I put my arms around myself. It hurt so much! What was I going to do with my life? Life without Anakin wasn?t a life worth living.

Zekk put a comforting hand on my shoulder, but I could tell that he was holding back tears. I had no such luck?they were pouring down my face in a river.

I couldn?t stand this any more. I walked over to the pyre. Master Skywalker had just finished his eulogy. I looked down at Anakin?s cold body. He looked immaculate in his Jedi robes, except for his messy hair. They had straightened it, but I had seen Jaina mess it up. She knew, as I do, that Anakin?s hair belongs messy.

I bent over and placed my lips against his. It wasn?t a gentle kiss. I kissed his lifeless body long a hard and passionate?the kiss I should have given him.

?I?m so sorry,? I whispered. ?I wish I had given you this kiss earlier. I was too late.?

Anakin turned his head and opened his eyes. He reached out his hand and clasped mine. ?It doesn?t matter. You?re not too late. I got it. I love you, Tahiri. I always will.?

I bent down and kissed him again, and this time he returned it. It was a wonder kiss, a kiss to end all kisses. It was a perfect kiss. It was our last kiss.

When I pulled away again, Anakin was a lifeless body once more. I started when I realized that he hadn?t been anything else.

But . . . he had been, just to me. Just for a moment in time, he was alive again, and we could share that kiss. I know that people would think that I was crazy for saying it, but it was true. I was the only one who knew it.

2. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Wonderful look at Tahiri's feelings ... perfectly in character and chilling to boot. :)

We were the kind of people with so much energy and excitement that you would be standing on your heads and totally dizzy once we were done with you.

[face_laugh] That's such a great description of Anakin and Tahiri!

When I pulled away again, Anakin was a lifeless body once more. I started when I realized that he hadn?t been anything else.
    But . . . he had been, just to me. Just for a moment in time, he was alive again, and we could share that kiss. I know that people would think that I was crazy for saying it, but it was true. I was the only one who knew it. No?Anakin knew it too. He was waiting for me, just as I had waited for him.

Oh, creepy, but somehow very sweet. :)

3. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    These viggies really are amazing, my friend. =D=

They had straightened it, but I had seen Jaina mess it up. She knew, as I do, that Anakin?s hair belongs messy.

That's just perfect. Two simple sentences, and yet they manage to perfectly sum up both Tahiri and Jaina's relationships with Anakin. They both knew him so well, and just a few words makes that very clear. Well done. :D

Great viggie, NYCitygurl. :)

JD.

4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    jedi_of_ennth: Wonderful look at Tahiri's feelings ... perfectly in character and chilling to boot.

Thanks!!! :D [face_devil]

That's such a great description of Anakin and Tahiri!

Oh, creepy, but somehow very sweet.

[face_devil] :)

JD: These viggies really are amazing, my friend.

Thanks!!! :D

That's just perfect. Two simple sentences, and yet they manage to perfectly sum up both Tahiri and Jaina's relationships with Anakin. They both knew him so well, and just a few words makes that very clear. Well done.

Great viggie, NYCitygurl.

5. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004

I think this is the best one of those three viggies :D
    I love how you show Tahiris feelings and those last kiss, an imagination, something allowed from the Force itself, a part scary that something can happen but on the other hand only bautiful to allow her those last moment with her lover.

greatly done, Nat :) :D

~Mags~

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I think this is the best one of those three viggies

I love how you show Tahiris feelings and those last kiss, an imagination, something allowed from the Force itself, a part scary that something can happen but on the other hand only bautiful to allow her those last moment with her lover.

greatly done, Nat

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    You've written Tahiri's feelings very well, Nat. Bravo! An excellent continuation. :)

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002

9. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    ?I love you too, Anakin,? I whispered. I felt a breeze drift up out of no where, and I knew it was him. I could hear my name in the wind

That was so amazing.So,breathtakeing. I loved it. They were together one last time.

10. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    That was beautiful Natalie. Anakin and Tahiri finally got that last kiss... :_| so sad.

11. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    That was amazing. This should've been the funeral scene in the books. Great job, great job =D=.

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Genimay: That was so amazing.So,breathtakeing. I loved it. They were together one last time.

Thanks!!! :D Yeah :)

cheersweetie27: That was beautiful Natalie.

Anakin and Tahiri finally got that last kiss... so sad

Yeah, since Jacen wasn't around to deliver ;)

That was amazing. This should've been the funeral scene in the books. Great job, great job .

13. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    :_| :_| can u please stop these vignettes about anakin's funeral??:_| :_| ***sobs uncontrollably**

that aside this was a great work.:)

14. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Oh, I am speechless...absolutely incredible work!!

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    sithrules70: can u please stop these vignettes about anakin's funeral?? ***sobs uncontrollably**

I have a reputation for being an evil sith [face_devil]

that aside this was a great work.

Draconarius: Oh, I am speechless...absolutely incredible work!!

Thanks!!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.