main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's Ghost

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by LadyVader_456, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyVader_456

LadyVader_456 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Okay, so I know this was already posted in the OT section, but I thought it might be fun to discuss it here.
    Now that you've seen the Prequel Trilogy (or at least one of the movies or at least saw the trailer or at least have any idea what this crazy girl's talking about!) and saw the what I think was a great performance by Hayden Christensen as Anakin, do you think it was good that they changed the OT so that Hayden plays the ghost of Anakin in ROTJ?
    I personally think it was great that they changed it, now that they've completed all 6 films, and it makes more sense, because if you watch the movies and then come to ROTJ, and you see this old guy as Anakin's ghost, you'll probably be like, "Who in the Force is that?!" I was like that the first time I saw the OT, and when I got it on DvD, and I saw how they changed it, I was much less confused. My friend didn't even know that was Anakin (in the VHS) till I told him, and then he saw the dvd version and was like, "Oh yeah, thats Anakin!" cause he saw the prequel trilogy. Less confusion for the new SW fans, and the dumb ones, a.k.a. me! :D
    Any thoughts?

2. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    I haven't really seen the dvd,but my brother has them and he told us about it.Hayden in place of Sebastian Shaw,that is.I have no problem with that.It is said that when a person dies,he or she looks young,because it is the body that ages.Am I( confusing you?

3. LadyVader_456

Jun 22, 2005
    No, I totally understand, I've just never heard about that. I hope thats true, cause that would be cool. You should see the dvd, there are some other changes that are pretty good, too.

4. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Maybe someday,I might get to see it.

5. Arbularyo

Arbularyo Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    to quote capt. kirk... "It was...fun." hehehe

When i saw anakin in place of sebastian shaw as force ghosts...

1. i was thrilled, because it was a nice way of tying up loose ends, esp with episode 3 about to come out that time.

2. was also saddened, that they didnt keep the original footage in, since the dvd is essentially for posterity's sake.

3. felt ambivalent as to whether it was a good move to put the younger anakin in...sana nag include nang original footage

4. arguments have been made, as to which of the two makes sense...

a. putting the young anakin in to signify the time that he has not yet turned to the dark side
    b. keeping the original footage to signify that that was the time anakin was redeemed

imho, tito george put the younger anakin to please the fanboys. nyahahaha. marketing strategy.

one thing that's great in the star wars universe?

creativity.

6. LadyVader_456

Jun 22, 2005

Totally agree with ya there, I wish they had put all the cut scenes, too, like there was this one in ESB in Bespin with Han and Leia that I would've loved to see...

Lol, [face_laugh] yep, good marketing strategy.

Once again, I agree. There's a big smack of creativity in George's world that we all absolutely love. [face_love]

7. jed-eye

jed-eye Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2000
  8. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    I have mixed feelings about it, actually, because of the same points that Albularyo pointed out. But this is George's vision and film, and ultimately, we just have to accept his decisions, so... :)

9. LadyVader_456

Jun 22, 2005
    Yep, I guess we can't really do anything about it, although now that the movie sare all completed, I guess it sorta makes sense. They just should have put the other scenes like on the disc with the special features, maybe the deleted scenes and the old Anakin spirit.

10. jed-eye

jed-eye Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2000
    That's another complaint i have with the DVDs. Why are there no deleted scenes?! They could have shown us the early scenes with Luke and his Tatooine friends in ANH, the Wampa attack in ESB and the Sandstorm in ROJ.

11. LadyVader_456

Jun 22, 2005
    I know! It made me so upset to find out they didn't have the deleted scenes, I mean, this is supposed to be the ultimate SW dvd, the Trilogy, for cryin' out loud!! Its supposed to have EVERYTHING, its made for us die-hard fans who have been waiting and waiting and waiting, and here it comes, and its not complete! I don't know a single true SW fan who doesn't want to see those deleted scenes. Its a SW fan's dream to see 'em!

Okay, now I'm rambling lol, but I guess there's nothing we can do. Maybe they'll come out with all six movies in one collection and have all the deleted scenes there. Though if they do, it'll be a waste for all us fans who bought the OT dvd already....

12. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    I'm predicting The Flanneled One will release a different version of the Classic Trilogy DVDs again for the saga boxed set. Yikes.

13. LadyVader_456

Jun 22, 2005
    Flanneled One?

14. Arbularyo

Arbularyo Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    yeah flanneled one, tito george himself.... named for his tendency to wear flannel shirts:-D

15. LadyVader_456

Jun 22, 2005
    Lol, thats so cute! I love it :D

16. XYDE

XYDE Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2004
    But he died an old man, so it must be justified that Anakin's Ghost would look like the way the original version was....but then again there was the arguement that the last time Anakin was good was before he became Vader, meaning the Hayden Anakin....BUT EVEN as Vader, he had good in him all along....SO....it is JUSTIFIED that the original ghost Anakin makes sense

does THAT make sense?

hahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.