main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's hair

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by ChancellorGoauld, Oct 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChancellorGoauld

ChancellorGoauld Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    I wanna go as Anakin to a halloween party, and I need some tips.
    Obviously I won't have time to grow a mullet (and the invitation to the party specifically stated "no mullets")
    So I'm not terribly worried about the ponytail, but if anyone has tips on how to fake one, I'm all ears - though i doubt most people would even remember anakin's ponytail.

Ok firstly there is the padawan braid, which shouldn't be too hard, but any advice on how to make one simply and attatch it is welcome.

Secondly there is a certain "ball of fluff" look to his hair - how did it get like that?
    My hair is a similar color to Anakin's so no worries there.

2. nashira

nashira Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2002
    I don't know about the ponytail, but the "fluffy" look you could do easily with lots of hair gel.

;)

3. Stubbzilla

Stubbzilla TFN Costumes Staff star 2 VIP

Jan 30, 2001
    Uh, good luck with the ponytail. You'd need hair extensions or something.

The braid, if your hair is long enough so that there's something there to work with, can be a real braid that somebody else braids into your hair. There's probably some girl around who can do it.

The fluff-ball hair you get with lots of gel (as stated above). You rub it in all over, then use the just the palm of your hand, no fingers, and rub small circles all over your hair while you've got the hairdryer going.

4. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey, if you used teh nify search feature you'd see this topic had been brought up before...look up Padawan ponytail.

:)

5. ChancellorGoauld

Jul 6, 2002
    really? perhaps you can show me how the "nify" search works?

so anyone got an idea of what to make the braid out of and how to attatch it?

6. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Use the SEARCH engine provided, will ya? [face_plain]

7. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    since nobody here seems to be much help about the Search function...

There's a link on the menu above right between Private Messages and Options...click that and enter your search.

8. ChancellorGoauld

Jul 6, 2002
    enter your search.

be more specific.

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Sigh . . . Some people . . . . :mad:

Now look at the 1st page of the Costuming & Props Page and don't tell me you can't see all the appropiate threads.

10. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, and I thought I was being helpful...

you're so nice darth eagle ;)

cg: you ever use a search engine before like yahoo or google? When you enter the item you're searching for? that's what "enter your search" means.

11. ChancellorGoauld

Jul 6, 2002
    well let's see a demonstration then...

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Haahaa, JediDragon, you should had seen what I initially wanted to write for my reply. Somewhere along the line of baby and IQ level. [face_devil]

Ya, guess I getting too soft these days.

13. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I almost too...some people are just lazy yes?

14. ChancellorGoauld

Jul 6, 2002
    So does anyone know what to make the braid out of or what?

15. rvqavalon

rvqavalon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2002
    Go to a craft store or some sort of store like Claire's or something. Buy fake hair. Make a braid. Colorful rubberbands are cheap, look for them in the same general area as combs and clips and shampoo at places like Meijer and Wal-Mart. You can use spirit gum to attach it behind your ear or, if your hair is long enough, have someone braid it in. Ponytail? Good luck, I only know about four guys with hair long enough for that.

And just for the record, searches and new functions can be intimidating, so have patience, guys!

Kate

16. ChancellorGoauld

Jul 6, 2002
    Thanks a lot rvqavalon! I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy fake hair, but that's what I guess I'll have to do ... I feel kinda wierd asking someone with long hair for a sample of their's, lol.

I was also thinking of strands from a rope - but matching color would be a little hard.

17. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    You can actually find great fake hair at beuaty shops for 1.99 per bag. I've been usng that for my Chewie costume. Just ask for Kanekalon hair.

18. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    This TFnet bosrd is so stinking massive I have problems getting around and haven't found everything yet. As far as I know it hasn't a search engine function that I've found. if it does, please post a think. TF.N is so massive it'd be easy to miss it. :)

FOr the padwan braid, if you can ask a beauticain to make one for you from some hair the same color as yours. Either real hair, or a synthetic. That's how mine'll be done. A friend's beautican is braiding it.
    The Mullet?? beats me, I guess if you've enough hair, have one if not, don't worry about it.:) (If you'er a guy)

19. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    The search feature can be accessed by clicking the Search link that is in header of every forum index, thread listing, and post message form.

Additionally, there is also a white text field in every forum index that allows you to enter your search string right from the forum. There is a search button next to it.

I can't be the only one who sees it.

20. ChancellorGoauld

Jul 6, 2002
    JediToren, perhaps you can see it - but show us if you can use it to get positive matches. I actually have written search engines and other information storage and retrieval systems myself (I'm a software engineer). And I can tell you, I tried using this site's one, prior to creating this thread.
    I also run 2 forums aswell, so I know the importance of search facilities. Since Primrodo, Darth_Eagle, and JediDragon didn't bother to try to use the search facility themselves, they were in no position to post the comments they did. I tried several terms; braid, padawan, ponytail etc.. and couldn't find any older threads on the subject. I can't figure out if JediDragon's advice to 'enter your search' was a joke but it was funny.

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, anyhow you FAIL to move your lazy fingers and search through all 10+ pages of threads! :mad: Those thread are initially only on pages 5-8 on my settings!

Many of us had to search through 20+++ pages initially to find the threads we need before the days of the search engine. Now the old threads had been trimmed off and the search engine functioning most of the time, so less thing to search through and yet you still too lazy to search through!

And yes, I did went through the search engine!

And listen to yourself. The answers had been posted in the threads already created as I had up and yet you still asking the same question! If you didn't sweat a bit for it, you'll not get it!

I rest my case! :mad:

22. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    While the actuall Search link doesn't seem to work well, I got plenty of positive matches by using the search field at the top of the forum index.

My Results

23. rvqavalon

rvqavalon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2002
    Is this really worth getting worked up over? In a hundred years, or even a few weeks, no one will care! Really. Pick your fights and don't cause premature heart problems, they stink.

Anyway, CG, I know what you mean about asking someone for a sample of their hair. Though really, I wouldn't need to since my hair's down (almost) to my waist. Want some? hehe :D You can get some very nice synthetic hair though, or if you really wanted real hair, go ask a beautician for a longish lock that they cut off somebody else.

<><

Kate

Edit: Not saying there's flaming going in, just repeating what I'm constantly being told when I get worked up over something. Sorry if I was misunderstood! :)

24. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Who said anything about fighting? I wasn't aware that there was any flaming going on.

25. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Okay CG guy, if you're going to come on here and just EXPECT someone to give you the information you're looking for because you're too lazy to look for it yourself, I do believe you're mistaken. Show some respect.

I told you exactly where the link for the search function was. Darth Eagle and I both used it and saw some helpful threads and Darth Eagle even bumped several of them up (which is more than I would have done), but you apparently ignored them. I believe you have received all the help you deserve in the matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.