main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's Journey (SbS Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Anakin_Solo, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    I was all too happy to oblige, Inyri. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love writing :D!

2. Jedi_Sari

Jedi_Sari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    UP! and I'm off to read the Dash fic!!

3. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    YIPEE!
    And I'm working on another post for this Fic, BTW.

4. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    CHAPTER EIGHT

As soon as the meeting was over, the members of the rescue mission - the Solo twins, Aust, Tahiri, Lowie, Zekk, Corran, Kyp, Kam, and Mara - gathered at the upper level within the dome to discuss the actual plan for saving Anakin.
    Finally, after a lot of debate, Mara grew frustrated and decided to simply go with a standard rescue mission. "We get in," she said, "we drag my nephew back to the ship with us, we get out. Keep it simple."
    "I like it," Kyp announced.
    "I hate it," Corran announced simultaneously.
    Mara almost laughed. For once Kyp agreed with her and Corran disagreed with her.
    "I think we need to think this through-" Corran began.
    "I think that Master Jade Skywalker is the Master here and we should listen to her," Kyp countered.
    Once again, Mara was struck by the change in Kyp's attitude. She had noticed it at the larger meeting, and she noticed it now.
    "I can't believe I'm going to say this," Jacen cut in. "But I agree with Kyp."
    Mara sighed. "Enough with the debate. I've made my decision. We're doing this my way. It's my nephew, my Jedi Order, my decision. If any of you don't like it, you know where the door is. Are we in this together?"
    Everyone murmured agreement and encouragement.
    With a smile, Mara finally sighed with relief. "Remember, this isn't some mission to help some strangers. This is one of our own." Mara extended her hand. "Anakin needs me. He needs me to do what I must do as his aunt..."
    "His sister," Jaina added, clasping Mara's hand.
    "His brother," Jacen agreed, adding his hand to the circle.
    "His love," Tahiri joined hands with the others.
    "His friend," Aust agreed.
    "His teacher," Kam placed his hand in the center.
    "His friend," Kyp agreed.
    [His friend] Lowbacca added.
    "His friend," Zekk agreed.
    "His mentor," Corran said.
    The emotion of the moment almost overwhelmed Mara, but she controled herself. "For Anakin," her voice was barely above a whisper.
    "For Anakin," the others agreed.
    We're coming, Mara silently promised. We're coming.

5. AnakinDobski

AnakinDobski Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    More More More,that was excellent.AD

6. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Wow! Gotta' love those sappy rescue plan meetings.

7. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Hey guys. I just wrote up a summary for the upcoming fics in the series, in case you've forgotten the order here's how it goes:

CALL OF DESTINY I: ANAKIN'S JOURNEY
    CALL OF DESTINY II: FIRE AND ICE
    VICTORY AND DEFEAT
    CLOUDED FUTURE I: TWILIGHT
    CLOUDED FUTURE II: NIGHTFALL
    HOPES AND DREAMS
    HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT I: SHADOWS OF THE SITH
    HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT II: REVENGE OF THE SITH
    TURNING POINT
    SHADOWS OF DESTINY I: PROPHESY
    SHADOWS OF DESTINY II: DARK PRELUDE
    DESTINY'S CHOICE
    KNIGHT OF DARKNESS I: DARK VICTORY
    KNIGHT OF DARKNESS: II REDEMPTION
    ENDGAME

You've already read Call of Destiny through Hopes and Dreams (Hopes and Dreams is the one I'm writing right now) but here's a summary of most of the rest of the series (it gets really interesting):

SPOILERS

Hiding in Plain Sight Duology:
    The New Republic and the Jedi were almost brought to their knees by the Yuuzhan Vong menace, and even now the threat of the Chiss remains on the horizon. But there is an even more dangerous enemy among the shadows. An ancient order that hides in plain sight...

Turning Point:
    A string of defeats has left the New Republic Military with low morale and little hope for the future. Can Anakin Solo pull the Jedi and Republic together for an epic clash with the Dark Enemy?

Shadows of Destiny I: Prophesy
    Anakin Solo and Tahiri Veila make a dark discovery, an ominious Jedi Prophesy that tells of two people - a boy and a girl - whose destiny are forever linked, and they will effect the destiny of the galaxy. But one of them - the boy - is destined to fall to darkness. It is said that if they are seperated, bad things will happen. Immediatly their thoughts turn to the Jedi twins, Jacen and Jaina. Measures are taken to protect them. But what if it is not Jacen and Jaina that the prophesy speaks of?

Shadows of Destiny II: Dark Prelude
    The continuing war with the Sith and the Chiss has taken its toll on the galaxy, but an even more dangerous enemy begins to emerge for Anakin Solo. Not an enemy from without, but one from within.

Destiny's Choice
    The prophesy is revealed, but too late to save the galaxy from a Dark Tide. Anakin Solo is standing on the division between two worlds, one of light and love, and another of darkness and hate. Only fate can keep him from falling into the abyss. Destiny's choice shall effect the face of the galaxy forever.

Knight of Darkness Duology
    All is lost. A new enemy, one so powerful that he cannot be resisted, is poised to destroy the galaxy. This enemy is the one who the Jedi least expected, an enemy and friend alike...

Endgame
    In the final epic confrontation with the Chiss Empire, the Republic's forces are vastly outnumbered. In this darkest hour, one hero will emerge to complete his redemption and save the galaxy.

8. Jedi_Frodo_Baggins

Jedi_Frodo_Baggins Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Wow. Those sound really good. I can't wait

9. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Spoilers are great!

10. Jedi_Sari

Jan 4, 2002
    Yeah they are. I like these new colors, are they for Passover or sumthin?

11. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Inyri's translation:

So, Anakin completely turns to the darkside and doesn't come back until the last book. Hmmmmm...he was always afraid of turning into Darth Vader, looks like he might. Hopefully he won't die in the end like the former Anakin. (I know, I know, you won't kill him).

~Inyri

PS - Can't wait to read 'em all!

12. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    The senate chambers no longer seemed like a home to Leia Organna Solo. Why she was being called before the senate now, she had no idea, but she had done her homework. As she studied the senate chamber many familiar faces smiled - or scowled - in recognition, but others knew her only by reputation. Leia had been quite careful to become up-to-date on Republic politics by the time her appointed day to speak with the Senate.
    Chief of State Triebakk rumbled a greeting, but Leia didn't need the Force to read his sympathetic expression. He beckoned her towards his dais and deactivated the voice amplifier. As soon as Leia was close enough for him to speak quietly, he did so. [Leia, I tried to stop this from happening, and I used every procedural delay I could think of to slow things down, but... the senate has demanded to speak with a representitive of the Jedi and... apparently you are the assigned liason between the Jedi and the Senate.]
    "I am," Leia affirmed.
    [Very well.] With a sigh, the wookie opened the session. After the usual procedures were done with, he asked the senate's spokesman - Fyor Rodan of Commenor - to step forward.
    Rodan was well known for his anti-Jedi sentiment, and as he gazed at Leia there was hostility in his eyes. "Ambassador," Rodan said simply. "I wish to discuss the unauthorized mission the renegades who call themselves guardians of peace and justice have embarked on."
    Leia almost laughed aloud. He thought he could outmaneuver her in a political situation? If Leia wanted to, she could use his own words as a spear to drive into the man's political heart. But she was done with politics, if this man wanted answers she would provide any that she was at liberty to provide.
    "I see," she said simply.
    "I would object to the Jedi being referred to as 'renegades,'" a calm and serene voice cut in.
    "What a surprise," Fyor Rodan gestured theatrically. "The Senator from Alderaan agrees with an Alderaanian Jedi."
    Cal Omas's eyes narrowed, but before he could retort Triebakk called for order. [Rodan, you're out of line. The nationality of the Senator has no relevence whatsoever, and you are being borderline discrimenatory. Senator Omas, your objection is sustained. Rodan, I suggest you refrain from interjecting editorial comments to every single thing you say. Clear?]
    "Of course," Rodan replied calmly. His attention immediatly returned to Leia. "Now, Ambassador, who authorized this little mission the Jedi have gone on, hm?"
    "The leader of the Jedi Council, of course."
    "And you didn't see it fit to ask our permission or at least inform us of this mission?" Rodan pressed.
    "No," Leia replied bluntly. "It's none of your business."
    "None of our business?" a voice demanded from the arena-like seating of the senate. "The elected officials of the New Republic don't need to know what's going on in the galaxy?"
    Leia immediatly recognized the senator as Mar Olan, the Ryloth senator. The red-skinned Twi'lek was glaring at Leia, her red eyes blazed with a fire many politicians shared.
    Mar was a skilled politician, almost on par with Leia herself, and was said to be capable of holding her own in a debate with just about anyone. She had a certain charisma about her, and was very good at getting her own way. Like all Twi'leks, she was sly and manipulitive, able to work almost any situation to her own advantage. Leia had no doubt that she could easily go toe-to-toe with the Twi'lek, but she wouldn't leave any of her children alone with the politician for any stretch of time.
    "You heard me," Leia said calmly. "It's none of your business."
    "You presume to-"
    [The chair does not recognize the honorable representitive of Ryloth.]
    The Twi'lek threw her hands up in despair as though that simple sentence had sealed her fate and fell back into her seat theatrically.
    She's good, Leia admitted.
    "What is the nature of this mission?" Fyor Rodan pounced quickly on the silence that had filled the chamber.
    "When I said 'it's none of your business,'" Leia inquired calmly, "which part didn't you unde

13. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
  14. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
  15. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Corellians rock!!

16. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Hehe, believe me that wasn't Wedge's idea. Triebakk purposely left him on hold so he'd look P.O.ed when he put his holo up. Borsk taught him well (lmao)

Big action scene coming up!

17. Jedi_Frodo_Baggins

Mar 16, 2002
    post soon please!!!!!!!!!!

This is good

18. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    CHAPTER NINE

"Master Skywalker?"
    Night had already fallen on Dantooine when Tahiri's voice broke the silence. Mara turned to regard the girl. Tahiri had an air of absolute calm about her that no girl her age should possess and a confidence that shone bright for all to see - with or without the Force. Her green eyes were full of intensity and energy, and Mara could tell she was eager to get underway. One would expect Tahiri to spend all of her time worrying about Anakin - and Mara doubted that anyone who thought so would be far off - but she clearly seemed to be more at ease now that she had some sence of control over the situation. Mara knew exactly how she felt, they were finally doing something.
    "Yes?" Mara finally whispered back. "What is it?"
    "The scout team has returned," Tahiri informed her. "They think they've located the Yuuzhan Vong base, and they have a pretty good idea where we can stea- um, that is borrow a ship to go up to the worldship."
    "Excellent," Mara replied. "Is it far?"
    "No," Tahiri replied. "But it's very hard to reach, a lot of rough terrain and-"
    Mara frowned as Tahiri suddenly stopped in midsentence. Her eyes were intense with concentration and her brow was furled.
    "What?" Mara inquired.
    "I think we're about to have some weather," Tahiri replied simply.
    Mara glanced up to find clouds so dark they appeared jet black poised as though ready to lash out at the Jedi. "So what?" Mara inquired. "We can handle a little rain-"
    Lightning struck a nearby tree causing it to errupt into flames. The thunder was so loud that Mara was forced to throw her hands over her ears.
    "Out of the forest!" she shouted. "Now!"
    The other members of the strike team moved quickly to follow Mara's orders and the sound of running footsteps could be heard behind her. As the leader, Mara took her position at point.
    They were less than 10 meters away from the edge of the forest when razor bugs and thud bugs began flying at them from all directions. Tahiri took one in the back of the shoulder and fell to the ground with a cry of pain.
    Mara's saber ignited with a snap-hiss, illuminating the surrounding woods. It was eery, in a way, for when the energy sword lit up she finally noticed that the entire forest was full of Vong. Mara's best guess was that they had simply dropped from the trees. It didn't take a tactical expert to determine that the strike team was outnumbered and surrounded.
    Two more blades came to life, and Kam and Kyp charged forward, passing Mara on either side. The hisses of ampistaffs and the familiar sounds of lightsabers in motion filled the forest.
    Mara quickly found herself up against a Vong warrior, and brought her saber down hard twice from opposite directions to try and throw him off balance. The Vong blocked both attacks and began lashing out at Mara with the ampistaff. Mara blocked two quick attacks from the left and batted the staff wide to try and take a shot at the Vong's midsection. The Vong quickly recovered and parried the blow, but Mara was already swinging from the opposite direction, throwing the Vong off balance.
    The warrior managed to block in time, but Mara pressed the attack, driving at him from every possible angle. The Vong gave ground, and Mara finally found an opening, driving her saber into the Vong's armpit - the armor's known weakness. The warrior collapsed in a heap of bone and flesh.
    Mara had to swing her saber back-handed to stop a razor bug from goring into her shoulder, and she quickly found herself in melee combat with another warrior.
    The sheer numbers of the Vong were bad enough, and on top of that these were no novices. Mara found herself pushed to her limits just to fight them off.
    Suddenly, inspiration struck. "Sabers down!" she shouted, drawing her blaster. "Let's punch a hole!"
    The other members of the strike team quickly moved to join Mara, and without even waiting for them she started firing at every Vong warrior in front of her, concentration on creating a hole in the Vong advance. They had to get out of the woods! If the str

19. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Post soon!!

20. Jedi_Frodo_Baggins

Mar 16, 2002
  21. -zero-

-zero- Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    hey all i read all thyer 55 page in 2 week well 3 week but i was in the hopital for one so IT doent count lol ....

anyway ITS A ****ken great story i just finish reading DARK TIDE 1:eek:NSLAUGHT ( i know i know im late in the njo hehe )

but JEDI ANAKIN SOLO U ROCK!!!

post soon post soon!!!!

22. Jedi_Sari

Jan 4, 2002
    uh oh....

o yea an wedge rocks!

23. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Zero: Thanks :)! New Reader! Yipee! I'm glad you like the story so much.

Everybody: I'm working on another post right now, not sure when I'll be done, though. I hope everyone will find it worth the wait, however, b/c Anakin and Tahiri are going to be reunited :).

24. -zero-

-zero- Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    no prob man i like your story very much my favorite part was when anakin was in heaven or dead whit anakin skywalker and obi:)and i like the way u right about the love between anakin and tahiri!

25. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    When Tahiri came to, the first thing she noticed was that her shoulder was in so much pain it felt like it was on fire. The second thing she noticed was that she tasted blood. With a groan, she forced herself to sit up.
    "It's awake," one of the Vong whispered to another in his own language.
    "Get up infidel," the Vong said in basic, kicking Tahiri in the side.
    They don't know that I know the language, Tahiri realized. This could be useful.
    With gritted teeth, Tahiri tried to get up but the pain was to intense and Tahiri felt weak. Her legs refused to carry her body weight and she couldn't stand.
    A hand grabbed her by the arm so hard it hurt and hauled her to her feet. Moments later, Tahiri was being led down a series of yorik coral corridors, they were probably on the worldship. Tahiri cursed herself for being captured, now the strike team had to worry about her too, not just Anakin.
    Anakin...
    Finally, they reached their destination. The Vong warrior opened the cell door and threw Tahiri inside. Without another glance in her direction, the warrior closed the door.
    Tahiri's connection to the Force was cut off, but she could still feel something... it was almost as if there was one part of the Force still open to her...
    "Anakin?" Tahiri finally forced herself to look around the cell. As she had expected, a battered and bruised young Jedi Knight was huddled in one of the corners of the cell, his intense ice-blue eyes staring straight at her, his unruly hair completley messed up from beatings and from several weeks of captivity. Several areas of his skin were covered with dry blood, his tunic was so tattered and ripped that it provided absolutely no covering or protection from the elements, his boots were gone, and his pants were ripped at the bottom, both barely exteneded down to his knee. Blood and bruises were visible all over his body, both of his eyes were black, his nose was broken, and Tahiri long slashes all over him that had to be caused by a whip of some sort.
    But he was here! Right here, right now. And Tahiri was with him. She could scarcely believe it.
    Tahiri crawled over to where Anakin sat and he finally spoke, but his voice barely got out. "Tahiri..." he rasped.
    "Anakin, what have they done to you?"
    Anakin shook his head, obviously trying to ward off pain. Tahiri had no idea how, but she was still connected to him through the Force - despite the presence of a Ysalamiri.
    Tahiri gathered Anakin into her arms and embraced him fiercly. Anakin's hand stroked her cheek affectionately, and moments later their lips met.
    Tahiri's eyes slid shut and she melted into the embrace, not willing to let go of Anakin for all the credits in the galaxy. When Anakin paused to take a breath, Tahiri refused to disengage, and both of them held their breath just to continue the kiss...
    Finally, they both stopped to catch their breath. "I thought I'd never see you again," Tahiri informed him.
    "And I thought I'd never see you again," Anakin advised. "How were you captured?"
    "We came to rescue you, Anakin."
    " 'We?' Who's we?"
    "Your aunt Mara, Jaina, Jacen, Aust Starkiller, Lowie, Zekk, Kam, Corran and Kyp."
    Anakin felt a twinge. What if something happened to them? And they were her because of him...
    "If something happens, it isn't your fault," Tahiri informed him.
    "Get out of my head, Veila," Anakin said with a slight smile.
    "Veila Solo," Tahiri corrected.
    Anakin smiled warmly at Tahiri, but the moment was broken when a Yuuzhan Vong warrior entered and hauled Anakin out of the chamber. When they returned him, he was even more battered and bruised than he had been before.
    "Anakin!"
    Tahiri rushed to his side and gathered him into her arms again. She cradled him in her arms and gave his injuries a cursory glance. Anakin had been beaten again, that much was obvious. Anakin's features were warped with pain, and his tunic was even further ripped. This time, Tahiri identified whip wounds and dagger wounds. Not good.
    When she pulled him into a fierce embrace, Tahiri felt red hot tears

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.