main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's Journey (SbS Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Anakin_Solo, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Frodo_Baggins

Jedi_Frodo_Baggins Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more soon

2. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I second that, post soon!

3. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    I will, I will. Not yet, though. Off to get my copy of Rebel Dream!

Plus, I don't think you want me to post right now... it'll be real sad... I just found out one of my cats is dying...

4. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Sorry about that, JAS, my dog just got out of major surgery today, I have to pick her up tomorrow.

5. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Thanks. Hope everything works out okay w/ your dog.

6. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    The planet Myrkr suddenly came into view as the Republic ships reverted to realspace. They were moving at relatively fast speeds considering that they had just reverted, and they had reverted to realspace in formation - a highly risky endeavor.
    But no one had been lost and they were now in a perfect attack wedge, the fighters leading and the capital ships following, which made the risk worthwhile.
    "Everyone form on me!" Inyri called out energetically, watching Rogue Squad close ranks even more so than they had when they first reverted to realspace. "Okay guys, check in."
    Everyone reported all green, and Inyri brought her sensors online, scanning the surrounding area. "No sign of any Vong! General Antilles's idea of dropping in in the planet's shadow worked!"
    "Glad you approve, Rogue Lead," General Antilles's voice replied. "Now, would you mind preparring for the attack?"
    "Wouldn't miss it for the galaxy," Inyri replied. "You heard the man Rogues! Lock S-Foils in attack position and gimme a battle formation!"
    Inyri suited her actions to her words and watched as the others did so as well.
    "Coming up on the terminator," Wedge warned. "The Vong will see us any minute."
    "Good," Inyri replied. "For a minute there, I was worried this would be easy."
    "Never!" Wedge replied, feigning shock at Inyri's mock-accusation. "Colonel Forge, do you think I've gone soft?"
    "Neg that," Inyri replied. "Old man," she added softly.
    "I didn't quite hear that Rogue Lead," Wedge replied jokingly. "My ears must be going."
    "I was just commenting that you are a very seasoned veteran, General."
    "Yeah, Wedge," Tycho's voice cut in. "You know Inyri would never deliberately insult you."
    "Neg that," Gavin Darklighter's voice replied from his ship - a Defender Star Destroyer, the Borsk Fey'lya - one of the great ironies of Gavin's life. "She just does it subtly."
    "As subtle as a fully charged blaster," Wedge replied. "How long until the crashers arrive at the party?"
    "ETA is just about fifteen standard minutes," Tycho replied.
    "Inyri, this is Colonel Darklighter," Gavin's voice said with mock-formality. "I expect those 'skips to be vaped long before that ETA, you will be timed. Understood?"
    "Yes sir!" Inyri replied enthusiastically. "Rogue Group, you heard the man! Why should our capital ships have to waste their big guns on something we can handle? Accelerate to attack speed! We have somewhere to be and scarheads to vape!"

7. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
  8. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    [face_laugh] Great job!

9. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    CHAPTER TEN

Mara glanced at Kyp and for the umpteenth time was surprised to see that he barely resembled the Kyp Durron she had come to know. He was calm, poised, and he had the serenity about him that one would expect from a Jedi Master. More importantly, she could feel that he was genuinely worried for Anakin.
    They were slowly making their way to the spaceport to rejoin the others, and so far they hadn't run into any Vong.
    That would not last.
    "He was right, you know."
    Kyp's voice breaking the silence startled Mara. "Kyp, keep your voice down. And what are you talking about?"
    "To the second, I'm talking about Master Skywalker. Agression... is not the way. Master Skywalker was right all along, and I never saw it. To the first, it doesn't matter. We're already being followed."
    Mara nodded. "I know. I picked that up with my danger sense long ago. I think we should-"
    Mara's danger sense, which so far had been a steady tingling, suddenly blared at her. Her lightsaber hissed to life just in time to block a thud bug and within moments she was batting away ampistaff strikes left and right.
    Kyp launched himself away with a Force aided leap and began digging deep into the group of attacking Vong. They worked together in a synchronization that Mara had thought impossible, but Kyp was surprising her all the time it seemed. Within minutes, there were no more attackers.
    Running footsteps and heavy breathing approached, and Mara turned to find Jaina standing before her with Aust rushing to catch up.
    "We heard fighting," Jaina explained, still catching her breath.
    Mara nodded. "We're almost there. The base is about a kilometer that way."
    "I know," Jaina agreed. "The others will no doubt rejoin us soon for the final strike."
    Mara quirked up an eyebrow. "Final strike? What about the worldship once we get there? That won't be easy."
    Jaina smiled. "That won't be a problem. Me and Aust have that covered."
    Kyp and Mara exchanged glances. "You have that covered?" Kyp asked his former apprentice - who was also Mara's former apprentice, one of the only things the two had in common.
    "We have that covered," Jaina said confidently.
    Mara nodded. If Jaina said she had it covered, she had it covered.
    Later, the entire strike team regrouped, and they were ready for the final surface assault. All they had to do was knock out the Vong's communications and steal a coralskipper, it couldn't be any simpler.
    Which was why Mara was almost certain that something was going to go wrong.

10. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    replying so that J_A_S doesn't think I don't read. I do and I love his stories. :)

~Inyri

11. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Thanks Inyri :). But you really don't have to do that, I'm working on another post (of course, I'm working on another post for about twenty fics (lol))

12. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    It's cool, J_A_S. You're my fav author at tf.n. Besides, it is always good to know if you're doing a good job or if you need to change something. And in your case, you're doing a good job and you don't need to change anything. :)

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with a few of your other fics that I have started reading. I'm a bit slow sometimes, especially with it being crunch time at work. Keep writing and I'll keep reading, it may just take me awhile to read them all.

~Inyri

13. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Hey, don't appologize for not keeping up, I write b/c I love writing, and if people enjoy it, well that makes it even better :). Actually, I should appologize for getting so caught up in my other fics that I haven't posted in this one for a while. I'll try to post more soon.

14. _Zap_

_Zap_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    i love this story it's my favortite fanfic and i'm glad you put kyle katarn in the story. i want to see some action scenes with him in it and i would really like to see him blow things up with his rail detonater.

and also please don't kill kyp, jag, kyle, wedge, talon or mara.

15. _Zap_

Mar 28, 2002
    where did everyone go?

16. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    sorry... haven't been updating this regularaly. I'm working on my new fic, but i'm almost done w/ the first part of the new one, so i'll take a short hiatus after i'm finished with the first act of the new fic to start updating all of my old fics (this one included) before writing the second part of the new fic. Sorry for the wait!

17. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Up, just so everyone can read my message and know that I haven't quit this fic.

18. Jedi_Sari

Jedi_Sari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    No problem..as long as youre updating something!

19. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    "Now!" Jaina shouted.

All of the Jedi dropped out of various hiding spots and began attacking the Yuuzhan Vong warriors nearby with fierce determination. Within minutes, the small strike force had taken out the much larger Yuuzhan Vong defense force.

"A ship," Jaina finally said. "We need a ship."

"Jaina?" Mara inquired. "Now would be a good time to explain how you and Aust have the Vong Worldship 'covered.' "

Jaina grinned wickedly. "What Yuuzhan Vong warrior would dare to hinder a Yuuzhan Vong godess?"

20. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    A cliffie!!Post soon, please!!

21. _Zap_

Mar 28, 2002
    rats! no kyle blowing stuff up
    oh well

22. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    I sincerely hope that there's more of an update to come! J_A_S! I've been waiting 4-ever! PLEASE PLEASE MORE STORY!

~Inyri

23. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Sorry guys... I was out of town this weekend. Don't have a better excuse than that, I shoulda posted more recently ('cept for on thursay when we had that tornado just north of us and I was freaking out b/c it said we were under a tornado warning...) here's a new post:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaina strode confidently down the corridors of the Yuuzhan Vong ship. Her skin was painted white, her hair dyed crimson, her eyes made glowing gold by surface inserts. The symbol of Yun-Harla was painted on her forehead and she was garbed in the typical Voodum Crab armor of the Vong - though this particular suit was skin tight in all the right places, making her irresistable by human standards. Jaina still had her lightsaber, however - just in case the Vong would willingly challenge a goddess. They hadn't been challenged so far. Aust was with her under the pretense of being her "jeedai" slave.

Jaina elbowed him in the side. "Quit drooling," she hissed at him as threateningly as she could without cracking up.

"No one's challenged us," Aust deftly evaded the accusation.

"They just don't want to take their chances against a goddess and her jeedai," Jaina replied with a passable Vong accent. She drew herself up into a regal posture in case any unseen eyes were upon her, and forced her strides to be easy and confident. "The rest of the team should be ready to make their strike on the dungeon," she noted more quietly, though she didn't whisper. She had learned from her father that talking quietly didn't draw attention and whispering did. "We're only going to get one shot at this, so now would be a good time for our little diversion."

"The grand corridor should be that way," Aust replied helpfully.

"Perfect," Jaina replied with a demonic grin. The second they entered the corridor all of the Vong turned to face her with their jaws hanging open. She was now glowing with a faint Force-generated aura. She drew and ignited her lightsaber.

"Witness the powers of teh Trickster!" Jaina shouted. Calling on her full Force potential, Jaina created a Force whirlwind. Igniting her electric-violet lightsaber, she deftly cut down all who survived the whirlwind.

"Not a bad distraction," Aust declared.

"Something tells me there is going to be a lot less security in the dungeon now." Jaina's eyes widened as seemingly every warrior on the ship came charging at them.

Aust turned towards Jaina accusingly. "And now we have to run."

24. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Great post!! Post soon!! You know, the usual.

25. _Zap_

Mar 28, 2002
    yay another post! i'm so happy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.