main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's Level by Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by MasterKazur, Oct 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterKazur

MasterKazur Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    I am currently running a campaign set en the Episode III era. One of my players need to get his butt kicked by a dark side Anakin.
    I have both Anakin Episode II stats and Vaders but I need to make a cross between the two in order to get Anakin right for the campaign.

What level should i make him at this point?
    In episode II he's a level 6 (1 fringer, 5 JG)
    By episode IV-VI he's a level 18 (1 fringer, 11 JG, 6 Sith lord)

Now... I could just make him a level 12 (1 f, 11 JG) because this is the moment he turns to the dark side.
    But it says in the Dark Side sourcebook that you can "give" up some jedi levels and replace them them Sith lord levels (up to 9 levels) when you take the Sith lord Prest. class.
    So basically Anakin could by anywhere from level 6 to 18 by the time of Episode III.
    My guess is that Obi-Wan is probably around 12-14, so Anakin should by around that too, don't you think?

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    He's Knighted immediately after the events of the novel Jedi Trial, so 7th or 8th is a likely good point.

3. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    8th seems a bit low. He IS considered to be the most powerful Jedi at this point. I think at least lvl 12.

I know you become a knight at lvl 7 and that Jedi trial takes place right before Episode III but I think maybe Anakin, despite being able, wasn't allowed to take the trials yet because of his reckless and impulsive nature.

4. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    8th seems a bit low. He IS considered to be the most powerful Jedi at this point. I think at least lvl 12.

I know you become a knight at lvl 7 and that Jedi trial takes place right before Episode III but I think maybe Anakin, despite being able, wasn't allowed to take the trials yet because of his reckless and impulsive nature.

i think that's dead on. i think he's clearly above the 7th level cutoff for Jedi Knighthood, that he's more than equal to most full-fledged Knights (and even some Masters) but they withhold recognizing that for psychological reasons. in game terms, he's well past level 7, but he's never granted the appropriate status (or, as he would say, "they're holding me back!"). i'd say he's closer to level 12-13 at the start of ROTS.

i mean, come on. look at him in the Clone Wars micro-series. look at his piloting in the Battle of Muunilist and especially in his duel with Asajj Ventress, and realize that that's only four months into the Clone Wars.

5. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Make him whatever JG you need to give your player the butt-kicking.

I don't think he would have Sith Lord levels until some time has passed and he had time to learn the Sith wyas.

6. Alucard85

Alucard85 Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2004
    Well, take into account all the bonuses he gets for being "Skywalker bloodline". That is what makes him so powerful, he gets all three force feats before level 2. Also, he is still just a padawan, so that is 6 jedi levels and 1 fringer, so I would say 7.

7. eldaryn

eldaryn Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2004
    I would say he's lvl 12 (1 fringer, 11 JG). Thus, when he is finally taken under the direct tutelage (sp?) of Palpatine and becomes Darth Vader, he then begins gaining levels as a Sith Lord.

And his skywalker bloodline bonuses aren't THAT powerful.

8. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    I took your ideas and thoughts under consideration and came up with a really cool Anakin Skywalker for a Episode III game. (I made sure everything match up to the Vader stats for Episode IV).

Anakin Skywalker (beginning of Episode III): Male Human Fringer 1/Jedi Guardian 11; Init +3 (Dex); Defense 22 (+9 class, +3 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 98/14; Atk +14/+9/+4* melee (4d8+1/19-20, lightsaber) or +14/+9/+4 ranged; SQ Force Points use a though three levels higher; Skywalkers get Force-sensitive feat free and ignore the ?Force Level 1st? prerequisite when selecting the Force feats Control, Sense and Alter; bonus class skill (Repair); deflect (defense +2, attack -3, extend defense and attack), block; SV Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +6; SZ M; FP 10; DSP 5; Rep +3; Str 13, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 13.
    Equipment: Lightsaber, Jedi robes, mechanical right forearm.
    *Anakin has constructed his own lightsaber.
    Skills: Balance +6, Craft (lightsaber) +4, Knowledge (alien species) +3, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +4, Knowledge (streetwise) +4, Knowledge (Tatooine) +3, Pilot +15, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Huttese, Repair +7, Search +5, Speak Basic, Speak Huttese, Spot +4, Survival +3, Tumble +5.
    Force Skills: Affect Mind +5, Battlemind +6, Enhance Ability +7, Farseeing +4, Force Defense +7, Force Strike +5, Move Object +12, See Force +7, Telepathy +8.
    Feats: Exotic Weapon (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Gearhead, Power Attack, Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Starship Operation (starfighters), Weapon Focus (lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, primitive weapons, simple weapons).
    Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Control, Force Whirlwind, Knight Defense, Lightsaber Defense, Mettle, Sense.

9. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    very cool,

I think obi-wan would be level 15 at the end of episode 3. How much experiance can you gain hiding in a shack?

10. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    I actually made Obi-Wan a level 13 by this point. I think he would maybe have small adventures on Tatooine over the course of the next 20 years.
    enough to advance him 2 levels I think :)

Here is the Obi-Wan stats for Episode III.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (beginning of Episode III): Male Human Jedi Guardian 7/Jedi Master 4/Jedi Investigator 2; Init +3 (Dex); Defense 24 (+11 class, +3 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 103/14; Atk +17/+12/+7* melee (5d8+2/17-20, lightsaber) or +16/+11/+6 ranged; SQ Deflect (defense +2), deflect (attack -4), deflect (extend defense and attack), Force secret (Affect Mind, Force Defense), profile, target bonus +1, contact; SV Fort +11, Ref +12, Will +10; SZ M; FP 7; DSP 0; Rep +5; Str 15, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 13.
    Equipment: Lightsaber, Jedi robes, utility belt, comlink.
    *Obi-Wan has constructed his own lightsaber.
    Skills: Balance +9, Craft (lightsaber) +6, Diplomacy +7, Gather Information +10, Jump +9, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +5, Pilot +8, Read/Write Basic, Repair +3, Search +4, Sense Motive +10, Speak Basic, Speak Shyriiwook, Tumble +9.
    Force Skills: Affect Mind +9, Battlemind +5, Enhance Ability +5, Enhance Senses +5, Farseeing +6, Force Stealth +7, Force Strike +6, Move Object +7, See Force +8.
    Feats: Acrobatic, Dodge, Exotic Weapon (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Improved Critical (lightsaber), Low Profile, Quick Draw, Weapon Finesse (lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, simple weapons).
    Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Control, Knight Defense, Lightsaber Defense, Master Defense, Sense.

Once Again I took into consideration his Episode II stats and his Episode IV stats.
    These go well with George's comment "Obi-Wan is more experienced but Anakin is more Powerful".
    Obi-Wan has more levels (experience) but Anakin ultimately is more developed Force wise.

Just my take on it

11. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    not bad at all, but i would make him perhaps level 14.

12. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    Yeah, I guess you could make him a level 14. I just think 13 is the better choice.
    This also makes him just one level above Anakin, which is probably correct.
    I'm guessing that by the end of Episode III that he is indeed a level 14. After defeating Greivous and Anakin. That ought to give him some XP right :)

13. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    How about he starts episode 3 at level 13, but goes into the duel at level 14. I think that with anakin's force ability obi wan would need another level to clearly be able to win. I mean anakin has 3 more force points then obi wan and he can use them as if he were level 15. Obi-wan is more skilled (indicated by his higher attack, damage, and defense), but the addition force power can make a difference.

14. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    Yeah, maybe...
    I would actually have Anakin at level 13 like Obi-Wan in the duel. Fringer 1/Jedi Guardian 11/Sith Lord 1...
    Because Obi-Wan does get beat pretty bad through most of the duel, and I don't wanna say Obi-Wan wins by luck because I give Obi-Wan far more credit than that, but its not by sheer ability and it's definately not a clear victory.

The reason I give Anakin a Sith lord level is because he does use Sith powers throughout the Duel and the Temple slaughter (like Force choke and maybe lightning as indicated in the Episode III game trailer).

My guess would be that Anakin advances to level 13 after defeating Windu, and Obi-Wan advances to level 14 after defeating Anakin, but I guess you could be right.

15. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    yeah i really don't know. I think we will have to wait to see the movie to know for sure. I don't think anakin should have any sith lord levels untill he actualy get the title darth vader.

16. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    Well he could have the class/level before he got the name. Nowhere does it say that its a prerequisit to have "Darth" in your name before you can take on a Sith Lord level.

17. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
  18. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    But hey, like you said: We'll have to wait for the movie to be sure :)

19. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    For the sake of your story, you should just fudge the duel and take your PC down a few pegs.

I hate to say it but Wizards made a mistake rescricting themselves to level 20 only in the SW RPG.

These character conversions are not an exact science.

As far as I'm concerned ANY character from the prequel era that's in the Rebellion era should be Epic level, ie; beyond level 20.

You can't tell me a PC remains level-less or only goes up one or two over the course of 18 odd years. That's dramatically UNSATISFYING!

Ob-Wan, Yoda, Vader, Fett, The Emperor, they should ALL be Epic levels.

Obi-Wan in Ep1 was level 6. HE brought down Maul and went to Level 7. A Jedi Knights level is confired by the Council.

Luke in Ep6 was level 6, HE brought down Vader and went to Level 7. A Jedi like his father before him, he now is.

Vader in that situation should be WELL beyond level 20.

The RPG has to make dramatic exceptions to this.

-Light Side player gets dramatic double damage on Vitality drain due to the Will of the Force.

-Due to Yoda's recent death, the last student of Master Yoda gets his Constitution number plus modifier worth of EXTRA Force Points.

-Critial strikes now on 17-19, direct to Wounds.

Ect. ect.

20. Shadowen

Shadowen Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 1999
    Anakin's Jedi level is 11. (I always thought he should be a Jedi Guardian 6/Jedi Ace 5, but maybe that's just the fighter pilot in me talkin'.) His non-Sith levels total 12. I suppose his Ep III level will depend on how rapid his conversion to Palpatine's service is. Does he realize who he's serving before Obi-Wan cripples him, or is he a dupe until the moment the Emperor gives him the armor and names him Darth Vader?

If he knows, he'd likely already be picking up Sith levels by then, maybe one or two. If he doesn't, then he'll likely max at 12 until he gets into the armor.

21. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    yeah i think he needs some jedi ace also. I think luke might even desserve a few levels of it. I kind of think it would be cool to have alternate versions of different characters stats. Like mace and yoda have alternate versions, but that isn't exactly what i mean. I'm thinking more like in a card game where the characters can have many different personas

22. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    GL has said that Anakin is the most powerful jedi ever so Anakin has to be level 20 with stats higher then palps & yoda. in game terms anakin loses to obi wan because he misuses his force points. Its like if I (I?ve never played) played against you experienced players even with a better character I would still lose because I wouldn?t use Anakin to the best of his abilities. Obi should be a level 18 & mace a level 19/20 with a high emphasis on combat.

23. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    MasterKazur`s character has to fight with Dark Side Anakin. That is much higher level than Episode II era where anakin was on Level 6. I agree his Level should be 20, cuz now he is very important Sith lord, the most powerfull of all Jedi.

24. LijoT

LijoT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    GL has said that Anakin is the most powerful jedi ever so Anakin has to be level 20 with stats higher then palps & yoda.

He didn't. GL said "Anakin was going to be the most powerful Jedi ever", but as a result of Obi-Wan defeating him, that ability was gone. He has also said that Luke was stronger in the force than his father. Also, that the Emperor wanted a superbeing (with Anakin), but he understood he would get "a more primo version of the superbeing he wanted" with Luke. These are what GL said :)

Father and son are the most powerful of all, and though in the PT Anakin is the most powerful of all, he loses against Obi-Wan because Obi-Wan had more experience (another GL quote). Being more powerful doesn't always mean being the winner. Anakin, though being extremely powerful, was a new Knight (like Luke was in the OT).

25. Darth_Revan101

Darth_Revan101 Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2005
    no need to but in, i was wandering out of everyone in hear who do u think is the ultimate sith lord?

I think it's Darth Revan........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.