main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Imperial_Guard99, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Guard99

Imperial_Guard99 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    In ANH when Obi-Wan gives Luke Anakin's lightsaber he says that it was his father's. But when Obi-Wan defeats Anakin at Mustafar he doesn't go back and retrive Anakin's lightsaber. So how does he get Anakin's lightsaber and give it to Luke?

2. Absydian

Absydian Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2004
    Obi picks up anakins light saber as he leaves him to burn. It is shown.

3. electrum538

electrum538 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I saw this too. He does bend over to pick up the lightsaber but not a hand to his former learner. Very unjedilike. Then again the jedi will need to rebuild and could you imagine the Ebay value on a sith lord lightsaber could go for?

4. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    BenK16108 tried to sell me Anakin Lightsaber but he had like 1 feedback so I didn't bid :/

5. electrum538

electrum538 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    yeah, i would imagine the knockoffs are out in full force. So check the feedback and clear your mind. You will realize the right one, "when you are calm, at peace."

6. wattsy

wattsy Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    i saw him pick up his lightsaber but i didnt think it was done right in a new hope he says to luke your father wantead u to have this when u was old enough.

7. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    Obi-wan wasn't exactly telling the whole truth from a certain point of view in that scene, either.

8. MRBANDIT

MRBANDIT Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    I didn't think the Anakins saber matched the one OB1 gives luke. It looked more like Vadar's.

9. wanderer-bkb

wanderer-bkb Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    The lightsaber that Obi Wan picks up in ROTS is the same one that he gives luke in ANH. It may look a bit different because it is not the same prop that they used in 1977, but it is the same lightsaber.

The Darth vader lightsaber is black at the top, and it emits a red beam, not a blue one.

10. Solo_So_Low

Solo_So_Low Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    for god sake! ep 4 was made almost 30years before ep 3! do u really think the 2 prop lightsabers are going 2look exactly the same!? think about it before u post man!

11. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    he didnt offer anakin a hand cause the dude didnt ask for one, just sat there burning. had he said "Obi wan im sorry please forgive me and save my @$$" im pretty sure ben wouldve saved him. all he does is growl and say "i hate you'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.