main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's lightsaber

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Alpha-Red, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Anyone notice how many times Anakin's lightsaber changed hands over the years? He has that blue blade in ROTS, which could either be his old one from AOTC, the generic one handed to him at Geonosis, or a brand new one he built. He kills Count Dooku, Mace Windu, a whole lot of Jedi, and the Separatist leaders with it. Then he gets maimed in the Mustafar duel, and Obi-Wan takes it with him.

Obi-Wan gives the lightsaber to Luke in ANH. Luke uses it against the Wampa, the Darth Vader illusion in the cave, and then against Darth Vader himself at Bespin. He loses it when Vader cuts off his hand.

Now if you follow the EU, Vader (or some other Imperial) takes the hand and lightsaber, and stores it away. Joruus C'baoth takes the hand, and clones Luuke out of it. Luuke now has Anakin's lightsaber. He fights the original Luke with it, before getting killed by Mara Jade. Luke gives the lightsaber to Mara.

Anyone know what happens to it afterwards? Was she still using that same lightsaber at the time of the NJO?

2. QUI-DON-JINN

QUI-DON-JINN Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    I think I remember reading that Mara used it for a while, then put it away when she built her own in becoming a Jedi. As for what happened to it after Mara built her own, I don't know.

3. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    The Rots one is the one he built between movies. I read somewhere that during the Vong war in the EU it was sitting on a mantle at one of Luke and Maras homes.

4. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Anakin builds the saber alittle after the Geonosis duel. Im sure he did it on the flight to Naboo with Padme,seeing as it can take awhile.

He uses it through out the clone wars, then in ROTS and then Obi Wan takes it and gives it to Luke.

After all that other stuff you said, I think Mara uses it for awhile, then when she builds her own saber she keeps it on display in Luke and hers house, in respect to Anakin.

www.thelightsaber.com <--- a good site for Lightsaber information, regarding characters lightsabers and their histories and more.I recommend you check it out.

5. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Come to think of it, that lightsaber has been through a lot and has changed hands a lot too. I think Mara Jade kept it or she gave it to Ben Skywalker.

6. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    thanks for the site sublime, ill check it out.

ps - is that sublime the long beach band skywalker?

7. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I was just wondering about this today. Say Obi Wan left Anakins lightsaber there. Would the Palps have picked it up and taken it for Anakin to make adjustment for his sith saber or would he have just left it there and forgoten about it? Hmm, just crossed my mind today for some reason.

8. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    More than likely Palpatine would want Anakin to build his own Sith lightsaber with a new handle and a red blade. Had he spotted the blue one, he would have left it there.

9. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    Actually the saberhilt made by Anakin Skywalker after he looses his first saber on Geonosis is also used by two other characters in the Saga. we'we propably all noticed it while watching ROTS, and it is clearly a saber mix-up made while filming ROTS.

1. Darth Sidious: During his duel with Mace Windu there is a moment when the two combatants are looking into each others faces with burning hatred and clenched teeth. You can very easily see that Sidious uses Anakins saberhilt (but ofcourse has a red blade) and not his own very unique saberhilt. Sidious uses Anakins saberhilt until the saber is kicked out of the window and Anakin comes running into the room.

2. Obi-Wan Kenobi also has the honor of being armed with Anakins saber. When Anakin/Vader fights Kenobi on Mustafar in the Conference room or whatever it is. They fight on top of a table and Anakin presses a saber towards Kenobi who is bend over backwards. We see this moment of the battle in the cuts. And while the saber is being forced down towards Kenobis throat/head Kenobi never lets go of the saber, but he is non-the-less armed with first his own saber, then it changes to Anakins saber and then back to kenobis saber again. Or perhaps it is the other way around.

10. 3_Foot_Jedi

3_Foot_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    I think in the conference room they actually switch lightsabers after they both lose them, only in the film though not the book.

However, how does Mara have it as Luke loses it at Bespin doens't he? Along with his hand....

11. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    Some Imperial recovered lukes hand and lightsaber after Bespin and it was given to the Emperor as a gift(don't ask me how but thats what happened). He sent them to his storehouse on the planet Wayland(which was guarded by a clone of Jedi Master Jorus C'boath that was cocoo for cocoa puffs) about 5-10(not sure exactly timeline wise) years after Endor Thrawn shows up and goes to wayland to use the Cloning tech stored their to replenish the ranks. He finds C'baoth who wants luke, leia and her children to be his aprrentice. they refuse(luke meets Talon Karrade and his employee Mara Jade during these adventures). Mara recieved a message through the force from a dying Sid to Kill Luke. It has been repeating in her head since endor and she wants to kill him but is forced several times to save him and vice versa. Eventually they confront Joruus C'boath(clones names are altered with the doubling of a vowel in Star wars for some reason) and reveals that if he can't have luke he'll have the next best thing a clone of Luke called Luuke, who is using Anakins saber. Mara Kills Luuke. the real Luke gives Mara his fathers saber as a gift.

I've just summarized the entire Thrawn Trilogy of novels by Timothy Zahn although I left out alot about Thrawn, Karrade, and the norghi

12. batkins182

batkins182 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 1, 2005
    In ATOTC Anakin's lightsaber is destroyed when Padme and Anakin are in the droid room right before Jango Fett captures them. He probaly never gets it back as far as I know. So, he built a new lightsaber hilt very simalar. For example...

Anakin's Lightsaber in "The Attack Of The Clones"
    [image=http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/batkins182/AnakinE2Saber.jpg]

Anakin's Lightsaber in "The Revenge Of The Sith"
    [image=http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/batkins182/AnakinROTS.jpg]

13. batkins182

batkins182 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 1, 2005
    Carried on from my previous post^

It looks like he went back to his AOTC look after he turn to the dark side.

Anakin/Darth Vader's Lightsaber in "A New Hope"
    [image=http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/batkins182/VaderSaberANH.jpg]

14. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Also we must not forget when Han uses it in TESB to slice open the TaunTaun to save Luke....so yeah Ani's saber has been around and done a lot of bad as well as good...

15. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    I just got done reading Balance point and that is the 6th book in the New Jedi Order series and at that time Mara is still using Anakins lightsaber, or are you talking about after that point?

Good stuff

16. BattleDroid1138

BattleDroid1138 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 6, 2000
    It's too bad the lightsabers in the prequel trilogy were lost or broken so often they hardly became umm... well... characters.

17. QUI-DON-JINN

QUI-DON-JINN Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    You know, I'm not exactly sure. I've lost track of the last NJO book I read and they're all running together in my mind now. I thought I had read or heard that she had built her own at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.