main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakins Origins in The New Essential Chronology

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthRevenant, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRevenant

DarthRevenant Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2003
    Has anyone picked up a copy of the New Essential Chronology? If you haven't, I suggest you do. It has some rather interesting information. The book implies that Darth Plaguis and Darth Sidious caused Anakins birth, rather than they intentionally created him and specifically placed him on Tatooine. It seems that Plaguis and Sidious were experimenting with this power and as a result, Anakin was created. I know there have been dozens of discussions on this topic but I thought this would shed some new light on the topic. Let me know what you all think of this.

2. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I always take those Essential books with a grain of salt, since stuff always comes out that later contradicts it.

3. casusev

casusev Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2004
    I believe the new book Vader says the same. However I agree with Siths_Revenge, the only canon are the movies.

4. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Of course he didnt. If he did, it means he was in control of every minute detail from before TPB to RotJ. He is not omnipotent, omniscient, or any other omni. He is just extremely good at manipulating events to his advantage. He couldnt have planned every move the Jedi did on Naboo, or Tatooine or that Padme would go back to Naboo. He just uses those situations to his advantage and to make the outcome be in his favor, or at least not work against him. He has plan, back-up plan, back-up back-up plans, etc.

5. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Why do people believe everything they read? :rolleyes:

6. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    ^^^^^

Not nice.

7. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Strilo edit: Strike two.

8. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    ...Well, these books ARE authorized by Lucas,
    its not ALL "some writer".

...bah, I don't wanna talk EU....

9. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Let's remember that EU is acceptable in here, so long as it's not presented as indisputable fact. Please note that we do take action for "EU War" sparking comments.

10. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    QFT.

I doubt something of this magnitude would have been put into a book like TNEC without GL's approval.

11. -HD-YaebGinn

Jan 31, 2005
    The Visual Dictionary says Obi-Wan had the Long Hair of a Jedi Knight. Not all Jedi Knights have long hair. Those resource books are full of holes.

12. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    There are a few mistakes in TNEC, but they're all very small. If this was one, it would have already been identified as such.

13. -HD-YaebGinn

Jan 31, 2005
    It is right now, by us.

14. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Let's keep in mind that the only thing in the future that could contradict this books statement is yet another EU source. The movies are done. All that's left until the end of time is the EU material. George planted the seed for this and new the EU would run with it. It's up to you what you want to believe.

15. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.