main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Anakin's origins

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jeepgirls30, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    OK I was talking to Kynstar about this one but it's got me thinking. In Phantom Menace, Shmi tells Qui Gon that Anaking had no father...she carried him and had him but no daddy. In Revenge of the Sith, Palp reveals that his master had the ability to control midi-chlorians to create life, so...does anyone have any agreement/disagreement about the idea that maybe Darth Plageius (forgive my spelling) could have created Anakin? Just a thought for some discussion.

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah I actually caught that on opening night. And also in the book. I was pondering that... did Plagueis (sp) do that or Palpatine himself? Cuz according to story line Palps had Maul from youth. Soooo Plagueis would have been dead so if anybody would have it would have been Palps. And what a perfect place to do it at! Tatooine - where Galactic rules have no jurisdicton. But... when was Palps gonna ever 'retrieve' the child though if he did do it? Looooots of questions here but in the recent Star Wars Insider Ian gave subtle hints but no direct answer when he was asked that very same question ;) Soooo one does wonder, eh?

3. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I remember when I first watched Episode I and Padme mentioned the 'virgin' birth, I said that it was crap and that with the way George likes to throw in family members, Palpatine had to impregnate her in some way. I'm convinced this is what happened. As for when he retrieved Anakin, he probably left that up to the Jedi, because he needed them to raise him so that he could have an insider to help him when the time came. In last week's interview with George in Entertainment Weekly, it mentions the possibilty that Palpatine was the father and we are told to 'make our own assumptions' about the situation.

4. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    very interesting point... I think you may be on to something there. :)

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Aye... but Tatooine is outside Jedi and Senatorial jurisdiction... but I do wonder about it! :D

6. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I read elsewhere that Lucas put this in to muddy the waters, but that Anakin was still conceived by the Force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.