main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's piloting skills as seen throughout the Saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by YodaJeff, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Quick question: how many Rebel fighters did Vader shoot down in ANH?

-Tim

2. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Tim: I think it was something like 3 Y-Wings and 4 X-Wings (plus damaging Wedge badly enough to drive him out of ther battle).

I think that's the count, can't be sure without watching the whole Trench Run again ;)

3. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
  4. Jack-D-Ripper

Jack-D-Ripper Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 21, 2002
    Well, I guess we'll get to see him piloting a fighter in Episode III. I hope. We're due for a proper space battle in a Star Wars movie again, and Episode III is the last, and the only, opportunity to really demonstrate Anakin's piloting skills. If we don't, well, it will be quite a bad mangling of continuity across the trilogies, but I'm not going to let that ruin it. It will just further reinforce my view of the separate trilogies as variations on a theme. To be perfectly honest, many things we have seen in the Prequels actually make more sense than things that were alluded to in the originals, so while the Prequels sometimes depict things not strictly in keeping with facts established in the OT, they do actually improve on some of those things. I never really figured Jedi to be the pilot-type in general: the brashness, egotism and independence of the typical pilot characters is not what is much in keeping with Jedi ideals. Maybe Obi-Wan bent the truth a little for Luke's benefit: talking the language Luke understands. Would Luke have been that keen to go off with Obi-Wan to Alderaan if he'd told him the whole truth about his father, that he was a selfish, sullen murderous tyrant? No, Obi-Wan needed to encourage Luke by telling him that his father did all the things Luke wanted to do: to be a pilot and a warrior.

-JDR.

5. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Anakins piloting in TPM and AOTC is good enough for me. Some of you people think that just because Obi Wan twisted one small fact that everything he said has to be a lie. I'm sure we've all lied or fibbed at one point or another in the past but that doesn't mean we lie all the time does it?

6. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    I think his flying skills were proven in ANH i got the sense that to fly agaist Vader means death.luke was the only one to survive his sights.and that was with a whole lot of help(and Vaders tunnelvision).
    Also I think Obi-Wan has had plenty of experience flying with Anikin I maybe wrong but i think at somepoint the padawans do most of the flying for there masters as part of their training( but that is of course speculation Obi not Qui-Gon does the flying (for lack of a better term) the Bongo thru the core of naboo.)whose to say anni hasnt pulled there bacon out of the fire enough times to call him the best starpilot in the galaxy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.