main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Anakin's Robe/Cloak AOTC

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DarthRaven, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRaven

DarthRaven Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2002
    AHHHHHHHHHHHH! That Midnight Madness stuff was LAST NIGHT! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I missed it! lol.

2. Argarathoo

Argarathoo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2002
    Don't worry about missing the Midnight Madness thing. I didn't make it to one either but I just got my toys about an hour ago at Wally-World. They had everything there.

3. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    well, I was hoping to meet a friend from here at Midnight Madness :( oh well... thats life lol.

4. katha

katha Jedi Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    Nostradamus, what type of fabric did you use for the inner tunic, and did you make the pants or buy them somewhere?

I hear from my boyfriend's mom that my pinic dress should be here this weekend. I can't wait to see it, and I hope it fits fine.

I'm trying to figure out the best kind of undergarment and shoes to wear with the dress, anyone have ideas?

5. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    Did anyone happen to make the pattern for this robe yet? I would really like to make one (well, have one made for me lol)...

Thank you very much,
    Raven

6. NateDawgNT

NateDawgNT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Anakin's cloak has a button/clasp closure at the collar area

7. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    Ok, thank you for the reply, but does anyone have the actual plans for this robe? the Simplicity number or something? thanx for any and all replies,

Raven

8. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    up

We used regular sweat pants dyed brown. 'Anankin' waited until the last minute to find something else, but since just the part from the thighs to the knees shows, it doesn't really matter what kind of pants you use as long as the color is right.
    In that case, I say go with what is comfortable.

9. Nostradamus

Mar 2, 2000
    This is my Anakin Jedi:

[image=http://www.afansview.com/2002/starwars/img7645.jpg]

I did all the soft parts.....

I used Simplicity #9887 only as a guide. I taped the yoke pieces to the body of the cape pieces and then modified like crazy.

10. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    Hmmm, looks nice and thanx for the reply... but the coloration seems a tad bit off, is it the lighting? but it looks cool. I was looking for an actual pattern :) thanx for the reply, again :)

Raven

11. Nostradamus

Mar 2, 2000
    It is the lighting.... [face_plain] and there is no pattern.

12. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    dang, no pattern?!? AHHHHHHHHHH! :) oh well... I'll have to pay someone to make it for me anyways, I just wanted to be able to give him/her a pattern to work with... thank you for the reply, and the robe does look great :)

13. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Can we used McCall's 2810-Cape or 8936 or Simplicity 7438 for Anakin's Cloak? ?[face_plain]

The pictures can be found at my webpage here

14. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Wow you guys are amazing. :D
    Now I have a question about my Jedi robe. How long should it be on a person? Ankle length, floor legnth? From the pics they appear to "puddle" at the feet on the floor. Is that right?

If that's corect, then I have a nice chocoalte robe puddle already. :D

Padawan Mynn

15. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    I'd want mine down to the soles of my boots :) right off of the floor... thats how most are, if the robe hits the floor, it won't last for long, heat friction and such...

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL! [face_laugh]

It'll depend greatly on your taste, Jauhzmynn. ;)

I'm keeping mine to just above my sole cause it rains regulary here and there are still some people who spit, litter, spill etc on the floor where you least expected it. :( But the robe I rented from this shop last month went way below my sole and it does feels nice (although I have to carry the end around at certain places).

And from what I see from pixs, most Jedi's are just a cm or 2 from the floor or just on it. Sidious' one seems to create a big puddle. [face_laugh]

17. davenwjedi

davenwjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    has anyone found any NEW info on Anakin's cloak ?? i'm searching the 'net like a FOOL trying to find the correct fabric.... has anyone else decifered how the cape, and flaps and hood are sewn together ??

NWJEDI
    dave

18. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Clonez studios is currently looking into the fabric and I think he is having a custom one made for his cloaks. He is saying that the color match will be perfect once it's ready but it will still be a bit of time on that (perhaps 2 weeks or more).

Chances are that if he gets this fabric made, it will be exactly what you need and he might sell you some of what he is getting as he has done in the past with other things. That's just a thought, but beyond that I think it would just come down to getting lucky and finding something similar.

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Is he the same guy posting at one of the other Costuming Boards about finding the correct fabric/design?

I saw at the other Boards someone posted clear and comparision pictures on Anakin's Cloak. A person who assembled it at the Celebration is also there, posting his comments.

Here it is(hope the mod. don't kill me for this link ;) )
    Anakin's outter robe fabric.... I think i'm CLOSE !!

20. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Thanks Darth_Eagle,

It does seem the Sith lords like robe puddles. :D.

Mynn

21. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    That's the thread where folks are trying to find the right fabric. The guy I'm talking about posts on that board and he goes by Clonez, so you can't miss him. Here is where he posted up the costume he is currently making and selling and soon he will be putting up pics of his cloak and material.

Like I said before, he is still working on the cloak so we'll all just have to stay tuned and see what he ends up getting. This according to him will be a custom made fabric so it will be very close match to what is seen in the film. Hope that helps!

EDIT: He talks about the cloak stuff here.

22. davenwjedi

Mar 5, 2002
    yea i've participated in those threads...i was just courious if any other info has surfaced.... i'm all tapped out trying to figure out Anakin's cloak... my last ditch attempt is to say that the cloak itself is one piece and the hood and the flaps that hang down the front are another piece....

NWJEDI
    dave

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    So for Anakin's Outer Robe/Cloak, we had decided that it's shaped like Vader's but with 2 flaps coming down the shoulder to the front and a big hood?

24. davenwjedi

Mar 5, 2002
    there is A LOT more than that....i've saved almost every half way decent picture i can find here on the internet... i've also been very luck and have had some up close pictures from the Magic of the Myth tour sent to me.....

basically yes it's a cloak that goes just over the shoulders and with two flaps down ther front... unlike it was posted earlier there is NO CLASP around the neck... the neck area is open and the front flaps share the same neck seam as the hood....

i've given up on "clonez" as i have 3 or 4 emails into him with no responce....he has claimed to found the exact fabric, but since his disappearance a few months ago, i now highly doubt it...

i'm now working closly with a professional seamstress that specializes in cloaks... i've sent her over 60 pictures that i've downloaded and we are in the process of getting a "test" cloak made... from our work together, i'm going to say that this cloak will blow away any others you will see, as we are matching any and all pictures as best as a professional seamstress can....

the HUGE bummer is that i've found there is no fabric available to even come close to the actual fabric used... it's been reported that LFL had a good deal of their fabric custom made for the movie....funny thing is i FOUND the fabric on an English (as in England -- across the pond) webpage that matches is EXACTALLY... but the fabric was from their 1999 winter collection and they are SOLD OUT with no more available.........damn !!!

i don't own a digital camera, but when the prototype cloak shows up, i'll be sure to snap some pictures and post them....

if anyone reading knows anyone or has any Anakin outter cloak picts from the costume tour, please send them to me at:

nwjedidave at hotmail dot com

A N D if anyone has found a VERY dark brown fabric with a raised "brick wall" type pattern, then i would say you have found the cloak fabric.....

NWJEDI
    dave

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    That is a good news! ;)

I too will like to do the whole Anakin garb (although I'm a gal! :p ) but later, way after my Zam and my friend's Jango. But I do think of doing part of it now as part of my upgraded NJO Jedi Costume (Dark Brown or Black Tabbards, Brown Cloth Tabbard and the Cloak) so will really love to heard as much about the cloak as possible so I can get on doing it none stop when I'm ready. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.