main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's scar on his eye

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by OBI_74_KENOBI, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBI_74_KENOBI

OBI_74_KENOBI Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    did anyone else think of the character "Scar" from The Lion King, when you saw anakin's scar on his eye? They both have the same kind of scar on their eye. i thought there was a connection from the moment i saw it. anyone else pick up on that?

2. Darth_Froschler

Darth_Froschler Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2004
    Yeah Anakin is a lion.

3. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    It's supposed to be symbolic.

4. Darth_Froschler

Sep 13, 2004
    Also because he's a lion.

5. OBI_74_KENOBI

OBI_74_KENOBI Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    symbolic of what?

6. That_Jedi_Guy

That_Jedi_Guy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2005
    Anakin's character goes on to be Darth Vader. James Earl Jones does the voice of Darth Vader. He also did the voice of Mufasa, Scar's brother.

Is that the truth.....I have no idea

7. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Possibly because of that but it's symbolic.

8. ObiWanIsTheOne

ObiWanIsTheOne Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    Wow people are looking into that a little too deeply. The scar does not have any connections to the Lion King character of...well...Scar. Its just a battle scar from the Clone Wars. Nothing more...

9. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    You're not looking deep enough. There has to be an explanation, besides the Asajj Ventress duel. There's more to it.

10. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, it's symbolic of what happens when something cuts you: you get a scar.

11. Darth_Froschler

Sep 13, 2004
    It's symbolic because Anakin is a lion.

12. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    ;) ^^ Right...he was lion...that explains everything.

13. The_Chibi_Kiriyama

The_Chibi_Kiriyama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    The scar was explained in the Clone Wars, but I'm not 100% sure that cartoon was intended to be canon or not. In the grander scheme of things, no one makes reference to the fact that Anakin's arm is covered or that he wears black in differentiation to the Jedi who accompany him. I think that the Clone Wars explanation is not as much a telling of how the scar came about as much as a reference to how adversely war has changed this little innocent child from Tatooine into a Jedi Knight tainted by the Sith view of the world.

14. OLDirtyJedi

OLDirtyJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 22, 2002
    RAWR! :p

15. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    The scar is a physical reminder of what the war has done to Anakin internally. He did not come out of it the same as he went in, he's damaged. It's also an obvious clue for the audience that he's less Padawan pretty boy and more a harden Jedi warrior after three years of continuous fighting.

16. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Probably a nod to Brian De Palmas movie "Scarface". :D

17. TheReturnofKardarl

TheReturnofKardarl Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2006
    I wonder if maybe Anakin is a LEO??

Maybe he was a lion in his previous life.

Maybe the character from the Lion King was a Sith. After all, he was evil...

Maybe he liked the scar on Han Solo's chin and figured he'd go get himself one cause it was "fashionable".

The new Sith motto: "Chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever" It worked out well for the Emperor. (that's what he should have said in that deep voice when he knighted vader)

Remember Anakin moving the fruit around the dinner table with Padme? "Obi-wan would kill me if he saw me doing this" Well, maybe Obi-wan walked in on him one day and caught him red handed, and it startled him and he ended up getting slashed by a butter knife.

Maybe he was trying to "force shave" and had an accident

Maybe there's a connection.....Elton John did the theme song for the Lion King,"The circle of life" well...."The circle is now complete" Maybe there really is a missing song on the ROTS soundtrack. Maybe suited Vader likes to blast "I'm still standing" in the headset in his mask.

Maybe Elton John offered to do another rendition of "The circle of life" and turn it into "The circle is now complete" but George said no. Anakin did the Lion King scar thing has a tribute to Elton because he was sad that there would be no theme song. After all, Sir Elton John has made renditions of other songs in the past, so maybe this one is not so far fetched?

Or maybe he has that scar because he got a laser blaster for Christmas. "You'll shot your eye out kid!" Maybe thats why the Jedi play with lightsabers instead....

18. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Maybe it's just visual texture to show that he
    is experienced in the world.
    It's also a nice connection to Luke's facial scars
    after the motorcycle accident, I mean, Wampa attack.

19. cornbread

cornbread Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2006
    ar yous dudes a dums L.O.L.
    his got da scrach frum assag ventura in da clan warz dat wuz happnig da 3 yrz befrue Revange Of Da Sidis

20. StarWarsAddict5

StarWarsAddict5 Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2006
    "Maybe he was trying to 'force shave' and had an accident" funny!
    maybe it could be that Anakin had not been keeping up with his lightsaber practice

21. cornbread

cornbread Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2006
    liek daaahhh it wuz assaug ventura it whered say in the Comicks i use to bye i cannot be afforuden dem anymo

22. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    "Where'd you get that scar? From *****************?"

"How do you get a scar from *****************?"

The scar is a result of his fight with Ventress, though the actual origin is a bit muddled. The cartoon depicts it as the fight on Yavin 4, but "Obsession" portrays it as the fight on Courscant. Anyway, the whole point is to match up to Lucas' older idea that the character of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader was scarred up from many battles, which goes further back to the character Kane Starkiller. It also works on another level, as Mark Hamill had scars from a real life car accident. In the story, Luke was scarred up from the Wampa that attacked him. Though not as visible, Luke does have scars and his father had a single scar, before being burned up.

23. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    As always it takes an old-timer to set everyone straight!

24. DarthJuggalo

DarthJuggalo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2005
    Exactly........

25. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    YES! We all know that. We know Asajj Ventress cuts him and gives him a scar. Hell we know that! But there's a deeper meaning to that. A DEEPER MEANING...Sarcasm is anger's ugly cousin...:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.