Anakin's Scar

Discussion in 'Oahu, Hawaii' started by JayTee_Erricck, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    Have y'all noticed the scar on Anakin's face that runs above & below his right eye?

Well, if you've seen Chapter 22 of the Clone Wars cartoons, you may notice that Anakin does NOT have the scar when the chapter begins. HOWEVER, after Anakin saves 3 fellow Jedi from imprisonment bubbles & he helps keep his fellow Jedi alive by destroying enemies with his Jedi starfighter, he returns to Senator Amidala. It is in THAT reunion scene that Padme takes notice of the NEW scar on Anakin's face.

Therefore, sometime, somewhere, somehow, Anakin got that face scar between his flight in his Jedi starfighter & reuniting with his beautiful wife. Anyone out there hear through the Star Wars rumor mill how he supposedly got it? Interested in the specifics.

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee
  2. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    no, sowwy. been too busy to watch them. [face_plain] :(
  3. Nanashi Jedi Master

star 4
    i haven't seen them either :( but i did notice the purty scar. makes him look even more evil eh?
  4. ImperialBA Jedi Knight

star 2
    I believe that Anakin got the scar during a battle with Ventress. It happened in the comic books so they weren't going to show it in the cartoon series.

Oh yeah, sorry that I missed ya at TRU, TJ.. this is Chad by the way.
  5. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    Hello, Again, Imperial BA!

I'm glad to see you here! I'm glad you found the O'ahu forum!

Anyway, I believe you when you say the tale of Anakin's scar is depicted in the comic books (I'm guessing you mean Dark Horse stuff?) but that means the Clone Wars cartoons & the comic just don't jive. Let me explain:

***VOLUME I & II CARTOON SPOILERS***

In the Volume II episode where Anakin first appears with the scar, there are a few different battles just before he returns to see his wife Padme. I was thinking, "Maybe the comic book story takes place just before that scene." You know, that Tarantino-type shuffling structure style is becoming more & more common these days. Shifting the chronological order of scenes from real time, I mean.

Anyway, I re-watched the cartoon battle between Anakin & Assajj Ventress (forgive me if I botched the spelling on her name) in Volume I. Even after the battle is over & Anakin returns to Obi-Wan, we see that Anakin's face is still free of scars. So, the whole scene reorganization theory seems to go out the door.

Oh, well. I once heard / read Lucas say that the entire E.U. ("Expanded Universe") should be taken with a grain of salt. The books. The comics, etcetera. Shucks. But I wonder. Does Lucas consider the Clone Wars cartoons in the same canon level of "Star Wars truth" as the live-action movies? I dunno.

Me, I wish Durge was to be in Episode III instead of General Grievous. Still, I say that now but maybe I'll change my mind after I've seen Revenge of the Sith. Here's hoping that movie will be AWESOME!

May the Force be with you.
    Jay Tee

P.S. Do you know exactly which Star Wars title features the Anakin scar story & which issue number? I'd love to read it. I'd be kinda bummed if they never explain the scar in R.O.T.S.!
  6. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    According to the REVENGE OF THE SITH VISUAL DICTIONARY
    Anakin's facial scar is a reminder of his encounter with Dooku-trained Asajj Ventress.

NOW ALTHOUGH IT DOESNT HAPPEN IN THE CLONE WAR CARTOON, I KNOW THAT THIER IS ANOTHER BATTLE BETWEEN THEM LATER IN THE COMIC BOOKS, NUMEROUS CLONE WAR TALES SET BETWEEN EPISODE 2 AND 3.
  7. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    Greetings, Hapa Jedi.

From the sound of it, I'm guessing the Revenge of the Sith Visual Dictionary is out already?! If so, awesome! I'm tempted to go get it today.............

Or perhaps I should just avoid the spoilers therein. Then again, the Celebration III event will probably be FULL of spoiler elements all over the place. It's okay, though. I read the comic book adaptation AND the novelization of Return of the Jedi way back in 1983 (I do believe I was in the 8th grade then) before I saw the movie. Even though I went into the theatre with prior knowledge of just what might happen in the film, it is still my favorite movie of all (Star Wars or non-Star Wars flicks) to this very day.

By the way, now I REALLY gotta read those Clone War comics. Can anyone tell us which issue numbers has the Anakin-gets-his-scar story?

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee
  8. CieSharp Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe the issue where Anakin receives the scar from Asaaj is Republic #71.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.