main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's ship in ep III: the falcon

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by IMPERIALPILOT_SOLO, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMPERIALPILOT_SOLO

IMPERIALPILOT_SOLO Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    Anakins ship will be the Falcon in III, Luke was told that Anakin was a sice freighter pilot and look how much he wanted the falcon in ESB. He chased it all over the galaxy for what reason. He never said he wanted Leia or the crew, he just said he wanted that ship. Any thoughts??

2. CwrnPuppet

CwrnPuppet Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I suppose that it is possible, if a bit of a stretch.

3. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Um, no.

He was never a spice hauler. That was just what Owen told Luke, so that he would not want to go adventuring.
    Vader wanted to capture the Falcon because he knew that he could use Han and Leia as bait to capture Luke.

4. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Please no teenage Lando, no 12-year old han, no chewie no admiral ackbar and absolutely no millenium falcon in this new movie.

I could take a little Tarkin, maybe. Mon mothma I could stand, possibly...

But no more kids... please ... and no one out of Han Solo's story thread. That would ruin his character more than the revised greedo scene.

5. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Does everything in the OT need a backstory?

6. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Please no teenage Lando, no 12-year old han, no chewie no admiral ackbar and absolutely no millenium falcon in this new movie.

I wholeheartedly (is that even a world? ?[face_plain] ) agree. It is just unnecessary.

7. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]it'll be a jedi star fighter I am sure of it. ;)[/color]

8. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I love Threepio and R2 in the prequels... but characters like Han, Lando, Chewie and ships like the Falcon (note this excludes the "easter eggs" in AOTC) should stay put in the OT. :)

9. Akumz_Razor

Akumz_Razor Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    In Episode III Anakin will have to land the Falcon on some planet to chase Dooku and tosses keys to a young african american boy, yelling "park it for me," as he runs off.

Young Lando, being the smooth pimp that he is, even at that teder age, climbs in and flies off to have his adventures, etc.

This would explain why Vader was so curt with him on Bespin.

10. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    [face_laugh] @ Razor!

Seriously though, no, everything in the OT does not need a backstory, nor will it get one. I am willing to bet that the Falcon will not appear in Episode III. (save perhaps another "easter egg")

If Ankain flies at all, it will most likely be in a Jedi Starfighter.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    three years, doesn't it just blow you away!?

11. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Anakin's ship shouldn't and won't be the Falcon.

12. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    I swear right now that if Anakin flies the Falcon in Episode III I will walk out of the theater and never watch a Star Wars movie again. :D

13. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    Why do some people think that Vader wanted the Millenium Falcon in ESB? ?[face_plain]

When I first watched ESB at the tender age of 5 I knew that Vader wanted the Falcon's occupants, not the ship itself.

Anyways, Anakin will NOT fly the Falcon and we will NOT see the Falcon (except for the odd Easter Egg). The Falcon is part of the OT, not the PT.

14. SomeRandomNerd

SomeRandomNerd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    I'd rather see Obi Wan flying the Falcon myself. It would add more to ANH for me.

15. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Well, it's possible, but very unlikely (thank God), I mean, where would Anakin get the ship? Why? He doesn't need a ship.

16. IMPERIALPILOT_SOLO

Jul 1, 2002
    hey we already had a young Fett and Darth Vader made 3PO. Vader never once mentioned the people on board just "I want the ship" not I want them.Or maybe he just wanted 3p0.I have a feeling something from the originals will turn up in III.

17. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    It would explain some of the plot holes in ESB, but I really think it's something other than that. The Falcon will remain in the OT.

18. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    I know the Falcon was an easter egg for AotC but it eludes to more. It says that that particular Corellian freighter design has been around for a long time.

Didn't Uncle Owen tell Luke his father was a navigator on a spice freighter?

hmmm

Isurus

19. IMPERIALPILOT_SOLO

Jul 1, 2002
    My point exactly. There is a spice connection there. Han used to smuggle for Jabba and the fact that Luke was told that his father was a pilot on a spice freighter.

20. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    I highly doubt Anakin would go from Jedi to smuggling for the former head of the slave guild on Tatooine. [face_plain]

21. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Uncle Owen also told Luke that his father was killed. So I wouldn't believe everything Owen Lars said. Also Vader did not want the Falcon in ESB because it was his old ship. He wanted it because he wanted the people on board. He wasn't going to tell one of his officers he wanted Han Solo because they wouldn't know who he is or where he was.

22. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Vader never once mentioned the people on board just "I want the ship" not I want them.

I think you missed the point entirely

When Vader finally does capture Han and co. (and the Falcon), what does he do? He tortures Han and gives him to Fett. He takes Leia, Chewie and 3PO as prisoners. That was his plan: to get Luke to come to him by using his friends as bait. Does he take a joy ride on the Falcon? No. Does he even seem to care about the Falcon after he gets its passengers? No. He obviously couldn't give a stuff about the ship. Why you think a powerful Sith Lord would devote so much time and energy simply to catch a ship is beyond me.

And as for the whole "navigator on a spice freighter" debarcle, I quote Obi-Wan's rebuttal:

"That's your Uncle talking"

Owen made it up; he didn't want to reveal who Luke's father really was

23. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Thank God Han Solo didn't clip his toenails in the OT. That's all I have to say about this lame subject.

24. IMPERIALPILOT_SOLO

Jul 1, 2002
    I like the idea but who am i just a fan. Of course Han cut his toe nails!? You never the the scene with the laser nail clipper in the falcon? It'll be on the DVD.

25. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I think it'll be a predecessor to his TIE Advanced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.