main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Anakin's Sissy Fit

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by darthbarracuda, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Because of great writing! :D

2. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Mundi should have jumped up and been like "Hell yeah you tell'em Ani!" during that scene lol.

3. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Wow, Kilroy and I agree on something on this board.... The world is coming to an end, isn't it? [face_skull]

4. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    How is Mundi not a Master? Did the EU go and do that even though the movies imply he is? If so then I'll go by the movies. =/

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    And it comes with a cost, you will have to watch your friend for the council, even go against him as the herald of the council. Your friend could also use you to go against the council, he was in a very difficult position.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The Jedi suspected that a Sith Lord had infiltrated Palpatine's office OR that Palpatine himself was a Sith. Anakin, being a friend of his, was the most logical choice. Yes, Anakin was in a difficult position, but he should have realized what Obi-Wan pointed out to him--their loyalty was to the Republic and not the Chancellor himself.

I understand that Anakin felt distrusted and put out by the Council, BUT, the fact that he took everything so personally and was unable to see the "big picture" was proof itself that he was too immature for the title of Master.

His chronological age had nothing to do with it, his maturity did; I consider 23 to be young but Anakin was immature for a 23-year-old.

ILNP and Valairy Scot like this.
  7. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Well, Anakin never came as too bright to me before he became Darth Vader in the suit. But I can see your point.

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ki-Adi Mundi was once a "knight" on the Council but later retconned to master as I understand it so that Anakin would "have a reason to have a fit."

But again, Anakin was not appointed to the Council (which presumably would have given him mastership as well) but appointed as a REPRESENTATIVE OF PALPATINE's. He was presumably there to speak for and report back to Palpatine, vote as Palpatine directed, etc. although I'm sure Palpatine would have "I trust your wisdom, vote as you will" to blow smoke up his rear.

As to being smarter and wiser than Obi-Wan: you can't take everything a character says as literal truth all the time. Obi-Wan probably believed that; we, the viewers, privy to things Obi-Wan is not, can see Anakin falls far short of Obi-Wan at that point in time.

ILNP likes this.
  9. Khalil O.

Khalil O. Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    darthbarracuda, sorry for turning your thread into a battlefield, I hope you found your answer

10. Khalil O.

Khalil O. Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    I'm not disputing your comment, but, aside from his "sissy fits", and his occasional smile to Padme, Anakin was the most stoic 23-year-old I've ever seen, even for a Jedi.

Death T and darthbarracuda like this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The Jedi Masters had access to the Jedi Sauna, and Anakin liked Saunas.

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Seriously?

Try the random question thread; first, next time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.