Anakin's Sith Eyes...The True Meaning??

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by The40YrOldSith, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus

star 7
    The impression I got from the novel is that the Sith look is the outward manifestation of their darkened souls. The confusion comes because Masters like Sidious and Dooku were able to hide this side from the public while Maul is always revealed and Anakin flits back and forth. I believe there's a passage in the novelization where Vader is all Sith Rage on Mustafar and then he spots Padme's ship. It describes him changing back to Anakin before rushing to meet her.

2. masterjedi343 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    almost exactly what i was thinking.=D=
  3. 3_Foot_Jedi Jedi Knight

star 1

Which is exactly what I posted :0)
  4. almighty_smiley Jedi Knight

star 1
    palpatine: learned to control his emotions, and became a very good liar.

maul: grew up a sith, and had no reason to hide his hatred for the jedi, he grew up knowing it.

dooku: was always in control, and could he really hate something he once was, being a gentleman and all?

anakin:

BLUE-killing the kiddies. he didn't hate them, but he believed it had to be done.
    YELLOW-killing the separatists. they killed so many, i would be hating them too.
    BLUE-fighting obi-wan. he didn't hate him, obi-wan was getting in the way. he wasn't an object of hate, he was merely an obstacle.
    YELLOW-self explanitory. who wouldn't hate the guy who just cut off your limbs and burned you?
    BLUE-vader suit. i have no idea why.

Content removed.
  5. Master_Rebado Force Ghost

star 2
    Didn't we see his eyes quite clearly as he looks up after his mother says her last words?

No "Sith Eyes" at that point and that was definitely a moment of anger for Anakin as his facial expression showed.

The Tusken Slaughter was definitely Anakin giving in to hate and anger thus using the dark side,so why no "Sith Eyes" at that point I wonder?
  6. All_Powerful_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I htink one of the things Lucas has left purposely ambiguous is whether or not Anakin really had yellow eyes or blue eyes under the Vader helmet after the masking scene. They're blue when it goes on, blue when it's off, but who knows what they look like when Vader is choking all those Admirals to death in ESB, or when he sees Obi-Wan again?
  7. dakinJmacwalker Jedi Youngling

star 1
    good question I happened to see an interview where Lucas answered it however, basically when you see his eyes turn thats when the real Darth Vader is coming out. When he went into the temple he was fully aware of what he was doing and he knew it was wrong but he thought he was doing it for thr "right reasons". When he was killing the seperatists he hated them, they tried to execute Padme and I'm sure as he went through each one of them he thought about how he lost his mother and how they tried to take the only other person he loves. Now Lucas also explained as he dueled with Obi Wan even though he was angry with Obi Wan and willing to even kill him because of his pride and anger he still wasn't quite fully over to the sith so hence his eyes are still normal. But as the duel comes to a close Obi Wan defeats Anakin and at that point Anakin realizes Obi Wan will be the one in "his" mind to take away Padme, and worse a friend or more so a father figure he can see is probablly going to leave him for dead and betray him, its at that point the hate is permanantly burned into him and there no longer is this split personality of Anakin/Vader but Anakin Skywalker is truley dead and his final words are "I HATE YOU" and with that Darth Vader is born.

thats what I got out of the interview anyways [face_whistling]
  8. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Anakin hated the Tuskens, but we didn't see all of the Tusken Slaughter. So they might've turned after he started his assault. I think they turned back to their normal blue color due his hate having subsided cause of the pain. He was barely aware of his surroundings. Being awake for the pain was to be a motivator for his aggressive behavior as Vader, but it's Padme's death that reignites his hate. That's why I wager that they did turn yellow after finding out that she was dead, as all that he had left was his hate.
  9. Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Master

star 4
    The true meaning?...maybe there isn't one...

I've always thought Anakin would get "sith eyes" in great bouts of anger. When he looks up as the mask is lowered into place, he looks, shocked, as if he's realised what he's done, then he looks scared, because he beleives he can't go back.

When he found out about Padme's "death" i always though his eyes would be blue, cos he's in so much pain, then he gets angry, then he gets the "sith eyes". I think he had them up until he kills palps, then they turn back to the sexy blue we chicks fell in love with!

Do you remember this line?...

"Just for once, let me look on you with my OWN eyes."...as in, the blue "Anakin eyes" not the "sith eyes"

Cheers_Cazza@};-
  10. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    No, it has to do with the mask. Remember when the helment is being lowered. Anakin only sees images from the helmet.
  11. The40YrOldSith Jedi Padawan

Good point Cazza. I never really thought of it that way. When Vader wants to look onto Luke with his own eyes, not the masked(yellow) eyes of a sith, but that of a jedi knight and proud father.
  12. Master_Shaitan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just had a nice fanboy dream! Wouldnt it have been nice if when Sidious had his act of compassion with Anakin (touching forehead on Mustafa) there could have been a close up, where for a brief second his eyes go normal and then switch back to Sith?

Just a thought George!
  13. Obi-Chron Force Ghost

star 4
    Luke willingly confronts his father on the Endor moon, telling him that he can feel the conflict within him. Vaderkin, perhaps taken aback by his own son recognizing and exploiting his moment of weakeness, vainly tells his son that the Emperor will teach him the "true meaning" of the force. His pride, once again, proved to be his own undoing.

Had Vaderkin not let his vanity (and underlying rage) get the better of him during his 'father/son' moment with Luke, he had young Skywalker exactly where he wanted him way back at the beginning of TESB. Vaderkin could have easily played Luke's niavity and innocence to his own professional advantage and appeased him by admitting his boiling conflict. Then, Vader could have let the hammer fall by asking, pleading with his son to help him destroy the Emperor -- the purely evil 'thing' that lured Anakin into joining the Dark Side so very long ago.

Truth is, Vaderkin just could not manipulate people the way a true Sith like Palpatine could. Vaderkin had a pretty obvious soft spot, and it really made a big mess of things by the time ROTJ rolls around.

Finally, as Luke swallows Palpatine's Sithy sparks on the new Death Star, Anakin decides that his time has finally come around, but not to rule the galaxy as he once envisioned-- just to finish off a really, really bad man (and save his son in the process.)

One might imagine that from the end of TESB on, Vaderkin loses the Sith eyes -- good thing for him he's got the helmet to hide behind in the presence of his Sith master.

Edit: clarification
  14. Sidious-3 Jedi Knight

star 3

The "my own eyes" thing was because the helmet saw for him, it probably had nothing to do with the yellow sith eyes
  15. Juggernaut86 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think people fail to realize that Anakin killed the younglings because it had to be done for the sith to survive....he didnt just kill them for the fun of it

Anakin nor Dooku fully embraced hate the whole time

16. yellow_command535 Jedi Knight

this topic is Irrelevant. but it does bother me... EEEE!!!! uhh!!
  17. Darth_Arrakis Jedi Master

star 3
    Possibly because Sidious and Maul are trained in the sith arts from birth (or darn near birth) but Dooku, having lived a full Jedi life, has more control, hence his eyes never show the yellow while Anakin having less training in the Jedi ways than Dooku but more than normal sith-bred, his eyes sometimes go all sithy.
  18. Darth_Arrakis Jedi Master

star 3
    But afterwards, while having the mask put on, his eyes are blue.
  19. Darth_Magi Jedi Padawan

The true meaning was to have something to show in the Teaser to get us all pumped for the movie.......... in all seriousness, it was to show that Anakin had been completely consumed by the darkside of the force. It is hatred that no living person could ever possibly imagine feeling.
  20. jedisooner1 Jedi Master

star 2
  21. starwarsagent Jedi Youngling

star 5
    OK I'll tell you.

If you look closely Anakin's eyes look like the planet Tattoine. Basically, it's symbolic, Anakin remembers tattooine and his mother.

Hope that answers everything.

SWA.
  22. jedisooner1 Jedi Master

star 2
    Man thats just what I was thinking. :p
  23. Richard-Drahcir Force Ghost

star 3
    Maybe, but if Dooku and Palpatine were caught with yellow eyes then the Jedi would realise that they are the sith lords that the jedi were seeking.
    Palpatine and Dooku don't show the yellow eyes so that they can pull the wool over the Jedi's eyes.
  24. The40YrOldSith Jedi Padawan

I believe a heart wrenching scene, should have had when Vader & Emperor are standing on the deck of the Star Destroyer watching the Death Star being built, show a quick tight shot of the "ultimate weapon", with workers building, etc. and then show from chest level of the two sith standing there looking at the camera, but it slowly zooms into Vaders eyes of his mask and at the last possible second, you can see Anakin's eyes(blue) and he closes them for the last time as he realizes he has lost everything.
  25. Master_Sword Force Ghost

star 4
    The question should be, "why does anyone get reddish 'Sith' eyes?"

Simple. Dust or smoke irritation. Anakin had something in his eyes during the Separatist fight. He got it out afterwards, but his eyes were still a little watery, which is why he looked teary-eyed standing looking out over the lava. When he "hit the dirt" after Obi-Wan dissected him, some of that volcanic dust got in his eyes, and he was trying to pull himself up with his mechanical arm, so he couldn't wipe his eyes clean.

In the medical room, they'd have sterilized everything, so there's no 'Sith' eyes there.

:p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.