main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's Sith Eyes...The True Meaning??

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by The40YrOldSith, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Rags

Darth_Rags Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2005
    Maybe he hated what he done and has become. So his eyes go Sith.

2. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Blu-Bladed-Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Darth Mauls whole point in SW...to show the eyes.

3. darth_zom

darth_zom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Haven't chimed in on this thread yet... I concur with some of the other posters here in that the "Sith Eyes" only manifest when the "Darth" in question is totally consumed with rage. IMO, it's like when Vampires in the Joss Whedon series' reveal their true selves.

4. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    Yup, it's when they are full of rage and consumed with hate. Maul and Sids just stay that way.

5. Lori_of_Cincinnati

Lori_of_Cincinnati Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2005
    This whole time I just thought they were Anakin's smoky evening eyes.

6. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    hahaha bueno!! very funny ms of cincinnati!

7. darthdunne

darthdunne Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005

Yeah, I'd go with that as the best explanation. Plus, Dooku was a double agent for most of the time; having permanant yellow Sith eyes (especially circa AotC) would only have served to give the game away.

8. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Anakin's Sith Eyes...The True Meaning??

As I see it, they are a symbol of "possession" of the dark side. Not in the sense of the darkside being there, but in the sense that Anakin's will is fully submitting to the dark side. It's the unleashing of anger and hate. In a sense, it's when Anakin fully lets go and the darkside fully takes control of him. Yellow eyes happen when the dark side takes control. This is why Dooku never had yellow eyes, because he was always in control of the darkside. The darkside was never in control of him.

9. The40YrOldSith

The40YrOldSith Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2005
    I know this might start to go off topic alittle but the only two people I have ever seen with "yellow" eyes have been Sidious and Darth Maul. True these two are considered SITH, but look at all the comics, "TALES of the JEDI" with Exar Kun, Ulic Cel Droma(sp?) during the 1,000 years before the sith had become extinct, I don't recall any of those sith warriors having "yellow" eyes. If I am incorrect, please let me know.

10. darth_zom

Jun 6, 2005
    Just speculating... maybe it only happened after the Darth Bane rule and if the darkside drastically tipped the balance of the Force....

11. Starwars_1977-1983

Starwars_1977-1983 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah, or maybe EU is bs.

EU comics about Sith ancient history are a waste of paper.

This nothing more than my opinion, please don't take it personaly. I hated "tales of the jedi" and all the sequels and variations they published.

12. darth_zom

Jun 6, 2005
    "...Never heard of 'em!"

I'm a purist myself, but I wouldn't reduce the entire EU to BS... Where would we be with no Ewoks TV specials, Clone Wars cartoons, or Thrawn Trilogy! [face_mischief]

13. thechozn1

May 15, 2005
    Well, it's more like where would GL's bank account be without that stuff [face_money_eyes]

14. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    I don't really see how the EU is a whole lot different than what supershadow does. The difference is, Lucas makes money off the EU.

15. thechozn1

May 15, 2005
    Yosh, my sig should let you know that I really believe in SS. Please be mindful of my feelings in the future [face_plain]

16. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    I'm sorry tc1! I should have known better.

Back on topic though, I don't think there's any hidden meaning in Anakin's eyes that isn't obvious. It means he's evil.

17. thechozn1

May 15, 2005
    I'm glad they did it though. You could tell they went out of their way to. I likey [face_devil]

18. the_unknowable_jedi

the_unknowable_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 17, 2005
    sith eyes.................[face_thinking] , Obviously the sith eyes meant he will obliterate anything and anyone who stands in the way of what he wants and who he loves. scenes in which his eyes are normal mean that what he thinks hes doing is all for the greater good of saving padme. what i meant by the greater good of saving padme is that he needs Palpatine to keep padme alive by using his new power to keep her alive. when he goes to klll the younglings and other jedi in the temple his eyes tell you what he thinks. and what he thinks is that they and the other jedi need to be killed so that he won't have any enemies in the future who want to capture him and possibly kill him leaving Padme alone to die like in the vision he had of her death.

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I think it's more that he hasn't fully embraced his hate enough to keep them yellow, like Maul and Palpatine. Though the novelization suggests that he reverted them back and forth, by his own will.

20. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    I don't think it does. The whole "Anakin Skywalker face" thing is just about him acting like his old self to Padme again.

While I do believe that the yellow eyes only come out with pure hatred, I doubt he just turned them on and off.

21. ShadowLeonheart

ShadowLeonheart Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2005
    I play the RPG forum (INFINITY) and my character Ogion... well his eyes shift, sometimes at will

22. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I always interpreted it as when the sith releases its anger and hatred.

Darth Maul was always filled with hate,he had been trained to only feel it. His eyes were always like that,because he was a true sith. He was trained from childhood to be a real agent of evil.

Dooku isn't one to show the unleashing of hate,he's already powerful enough and doesn't need to do it until its too late.

Anakin during Order 66 was still remorseful as to what he was doing. He was upset but he kept pushing on for Padmes life. During the Seperatist slaughter, He's focused on killing them all with spite and hatred. He unleashes his dark powers and therefor gets the eyes.

He's crying after it,because he still realizes what he's doing is bad,but he does it for Padme. When she comes,he looks normal again cause Padmes there. He feels love for her,and love outshines the hatred and anger.Then when he finds out Obi Wans there and believes she's betraying him.

As him and Obi Wan talk to eachother,its like a normal conversation. Obi Wan's expressing that he's hurt and Anakins failed and whatnot,and Anakin just keeps trying to say like 'I brought peace,dont resist us' and when it comes down to it and they start fighting he gets the eyes back. He unleashes his hatred and fear upon Obi Wan.

Finally,when he's left squirming near the lava he keeps trying to bring himself up. A sith uses his anger and fear for power and strength,and that is what Anakin is doing then. He hates Kenobi,and he keeps attempting to get up so he can get away from the heat and probably still attack Obi Wan. So he's pulling a sith move,using his bad emotions for strength,therefor he gets the eyes once more.

And before the helmet goes on,he's in pain and worried for Padme. He has no need to be taking out his anger. He probably gets the eyes under the suit when he's told he killed padme and destroyed the droids. Actually I can probably guarentee he did.

23. KrystinaSkywalker

KrystinaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    I think his eyes turn yellow when he's really feeling hateful and sithy; when he kills the younglings, no yellow eyes, he dosn't hate them, he's just doing his 'duty' (and no, I'm in no way justifying that); when he's burning, he's really hating Obi for chopping him up, hence the yellow eyes. And I agree about Maul and Sidious always having yellow eyes because they're always hating and feeling sithy, Dooku has me confused though, you'd think he'd go yellow every now and then, even with excellent control.

24. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    I'd say simply that the eyes are the window to the soul. When Anakin is at his darkest or his most hateful, his eyes reflect that. When he is being loving or doing things that he still believes are through love, his eyes reflect the good in him.

25. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    I think it's because Dooku is the most self-controlled
    of all the Sith. He really defies reason.
    Of all his talk to Anakin about giving in to hate,
    Dooku is quite self-possessed.
    I think it stems from the reasons of his fall from Jedi
    grace being rooted in his reasoning and logic.
    And though he was motivated by emotions, as the Sith
    are wont to be, his behavior seems to be guided by
    logos rather than pathos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.