main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's Theme: ROTJ

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by darth_of_the_night, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_of_the_night

darth_of_the_night Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    When Emperor Palpatine is striking a helpless Luke with sith Lightning, Vader sees that is son is suffering and he decides to overthrow the Emperor (literally). When he does that, do you think that parts of Anakin's Theme from TPM should start to play and most of it should last throughout the burning of Vader's body. I believe that George Lucas should have put Anakin's Theme in when Vader's Mask is being removed, so that it links some of the PT Music with the OT Music. I do like the music that plays when Vader is being burnt, but adding Anakin's theme would be a great touch. The dramatic touch with the violins could be added when Vader tells Luke "Tell your sister, you were right". And when Father and Son begin to converse, the part where "The Imperial March" is cleverley woven in was a foreshadow for Anakin in TPM, because he was to become Vader, but for Vader in ROTJ, it could have been for him to face the oncoming trials of Darth Vader, even though he was Anakin once more. I think that that would be a good idea...Any thoughts?

2. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    No, I don't think that would be a good idea.

3. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    I don't think it's a good idea either. You shouldn't try to fix something that ain't broke, and I think those scenes were scored perfectly.

4. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    It would have been a good idea if Anakin's theme had been composed before RotJ

but the way it is now, the music is too damn perfect for all the scenes.

I would like to see/hear a fan-"what-if"-edit of it, though, just to see what it would be like.
    But I wouldn't want George and John do it.

Besides, Anakin's theme wasn't even used much in the prequels, so it wouldn't even be very noticable to non-fans or even fans who aren't much into the music.

5. darth_of_the_night

darth_of_the_night Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    Thanks for the input, guys! I know what you mean by it being "Scored perfectly"...I just would like to see the scenes in a different way, but the score at the end of ROTJ is good, don't get me wrong!

-darth_night

6. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    To me, "Anakin's Theme" represents Anakin's childhood and innocence. He may go back to the light side, but he sure doesn't get that stuff back.

But you believe it represents the entire light side of Anakin, apparently, so it would be thematically sound in those scenes. Not that I actually support a rescoring.

7. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I agree with you, Cerrabore. Anakin is a very different person from what he was in TPM. He's been on the dark side for 23 years and all the innocence he had is long gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.