main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's Theme

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by StarDude, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    My apologies if this is redundant.

I just want to express my love for this piece of music. Everytime I hear it takes me back 1999 and TPM. It's like a warm childhood memory with a great, dark ending.

It's a damn shame it was cut out of the end credits of AotC.

2. Spirit-of-Kenobi

Spirit-of-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    Couldn't agree more StarDude. This theme is so beautiful and it's a shame it wasn't used more in the film.

"It's a damn shame it was cut out of the end credits of AotC."

I assume you are referring to the entire concert version ala TPM?

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I think he refers to the bit of Anakin's Theme at the end of the Across the Stars version in Confrontation with Count Dooku & Finale which got replaced with the regular Across the Stars suite in the movie. I think we have three or four threads about it. ;)

Anakin's Theme sound great in the TPM end credits in a cinema, but I like it a bit less on CD, for some reason. I only listen to it occasionally. I don't know what's wrong with me ;)

4. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I'm listening to it right now! I love it-it's sweet and innocent-but when you listen closely, it's merely a sugary version of the "Imperial March".

5. Heavenly_Angel

Heavenly_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    i love that piece. you can see an innocent, sweet little child's heart through the melody and have a strong passion for the young Anakin. john williams did perfectly on this.

6. Antilles58

Antilles58 TFNInteractive Games Programmer star 3 VIP

Jun 5, 2000
    I'm not going to pretend to have any sort of love for Anakin's theme, but it definitely should have been included in AOTC in more places than the maybe 2 it was. It was used a lot for Anakin in Episode I, and its very important to show that continuity in Episode II, especially as he makes his change to the dark side in III.

7. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Yes, I'm disappointed this theme wasn't used to proper effect in AOTC, it's such a succinct and heartbreaking little piece that so perfectly conveys all that Anakin is - I was under the impression Williams would develop it to reflect his character as it progresses, but alas... here's hoping it makes a return for III, somehow.

8. -DarthMetallus-

-DarthMetallus- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2003
    Anakins Theme is definatly the most underated Star Wars theme/motiv. After seeing The Phantom Menace I was a littlee dissapointed but I stayed for the credits and when I heard that part where it starts to sound like the Imperial March I got chills. I still do sometimes.

9. MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi

MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Indeed it is a beautifull piece, very warm and innocent. The opposite of what it will become.

10. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Yeah, it does kinda work it's way into the IM or DOTF, doesn't it? ;) :)

11. ACloneWhoIsDifferent

ACloneWhoIsDifferent Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2003
    I love it also ^______________^

12. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.