main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's turn - this is very weak

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by SithyMcGee, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henderson

henderson Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    It'll go on forever and ever man. People are so stupid, they all need everything spelled out for them in nice BIG LETTERS. Then they still might not get it. If GL himself came and explained it, they still wouldn't get it. This is why alot of movies and art for that matter, never makes it off the ground, b/c people have to think about it. And we're worried about us only using 10 percent of our brain, in this society you're above average if you use 3 percent.

2. astinus4

astinus4 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    This isn't just any old sin though - getting the head of the Jedi order killed is a whopper!! Anakin's anguised whimper of "What have I done?" shows that he knows he's screwed. From what we hear in AOTC and ROTS, Anakin risks being banished from the Jedi Order just for his secret marriage to Padme. I suspect that what he did to Mace would have earned him something much harsher.

As for the ghosts of Yoda and Ben forgiving Anakin in ROTJ, I don't think that necesasrily means the Jedi would have forgiven him in ROTS. You have to remember the Jedi Order we see in the prequels is a very rigid and authoritarian instistution. Even if Yoda and Obi-Wan forgave him personally, I can't see the order letting him go unpunished. Anakin is also fully aware of this - that's why he makes the choice he does and decides to pledge himself to Sidious. I suppose you could say it was the coward's way out, but he had a decision to make in the heat of the moment, and he chose the wrong one. By the end of ROTJ there's alot of water under the bridge, and I think Yoda and Ben are just glad that it's finally all over.

3. ObiWan2790

ObiWan2790 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/LoserKid/anakinidiot.gif]

4. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    All this talk of Anakin beingin trouble assumes that the Jedi would have figured out he killed Mace. The Jdi Order are basically the Keystone Cops!! There is no way they would have ever figured out Anakin did it.

YODA [In the Chancellors Chamber, examining the damage from the 3 way duel]:"Greetings Young Skywalker. Something bad, I sense."

ANAKIN: "Master Yoda as you can see from the broken glass, news reports and the severed Black hand on the floor, Master Windu is dead."

YODA: [Stroking chinin lustful manner: "Hmmm...certain of this are we? Rushing to judgment. A trait in many young Jedi today. As well Old Jedi. Even middle-Aged Jedi."

ANAKIN: [Sobbing unctrollably, wiping blood stains from his tunic]:"Master Yoda. They found his body on the street!"

YODA: "A body you say? Hmmmm....serious indeed. Mediate on this mystery of Mace Windu I must."

ANAKIN: "Is that all you're going to do?"

YODA: "No. Hmm.....if fallen out of window Master Windu has. Shatter proof glass must order from now on."

AANAKIN: "Sidious was right. You friggin morons deserve to be wiped out."

YODA: "What say you Young Skywalker."

ANAKIN: "Nothing. Just that I am going to bed because I am wiped out."

YODA: "Excellent! Sleep is good for young Jedi. Old Jedi as well."

ANAKIN: "Yeah whatever."

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    ^No, he hadn't embraced the dark side in ANH either. Darth Vader NEVER embraces the dark side. The most "dark side" thing we ever see him is choking various imperial officers to death or not. I'm sure military officers in Star Wars and real life have done many things worse that killing subordinates for incompetence. Hell, Tarkin ordered the destruction of a whole planet!! If anyone embraced the dark side, it was him.

Killing people isn't the only sign you're evil. But having evil in your heart and letting it control you and your actions, is what counts.

If Anakin has FULLY embraced the Dark Side, why is there good in him? Why does he cry on mustafar? Darth Vader crying???? Ugh!!!

i just don't buy that.

No, you're right. He hasn't fully turned on Mustafar. Lucas confirms that.

"There's always this good in you. And the good part is saying 'what am I doing?'. Then the bad part kicks in and says 'I'm doing this for Padme, I'm doing this for the galaxy and so we can have a better life'. But the good part is always saying 'WHAT AM I DOING?!"

--George Lucas to Hayden Christensen, Hyperspace webdoc.

"Anakin/Darth does what he does because he believes he's doing it for the good of the universe."

-- Hayden Christensen, GQ Magazine.

"The problem is that Anakin more or less sells his soul to the devil, and in doing so is FED A BUNCH OF PROPAGANDA, which HE IS FORCED TO BELIEVE BECAUSE OF THE POSITION HE'S IN. But it's all actually A CON, so you can be very sympathetic if you allow yourself to be DECEIVED BY THE CON as well."

--Hayden Christensen, Star Wars Insider #82

But by the end of ROTS and through TESB, he is evil now. He has embraced the Dark Side.

"At this point, Vader?s plan really, now that he knows he?s his son, is to convince him to come with him. Join the Dark Side and together they?re going to overthrow the Emperor, which is the thematic devices used through the whole movies in terms of the Sith, which is Sith Lords are usually no more than two because if there are three, then two of them will gang up on one to try to become the dominate Sith. Anakin would have been able to do it if he hadn?t been debilitated and now he?s half machine and half man, so he?s lost a lot of the power of the Force, and he?s lost a lot of his ability to be more powerful then the Emperor. But Luke hasn?t. Luke is Vader?s hope. His motives at this point are purely evil. He simply wants to continue on what he was doing before which is get rid of the Emperor and make himself Emperor. He only sees his son as a mechanism for the ambition. His mad lust of power."

--George Lucas, TESB DVD Commentary.

"And when he finds out Luke is his son, his first impulse is to figure out a way of getting him to join him to kill the Emperor. That's what Siths do! He tries it with anybody he thinks might be more powerful, which is what the Emperor was looking for in the first place: somebody who would be more powerful than he was and could help him rule the universe. But Obi-Wan screwed that up by cutting off his arms and legs and burning him up. From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor -- he was like Darth Maul or Count Dooku. He wasn't what he was supposed to become. But the son could become that. "

--George Lucas, Rolling Stones Interview, 2005.

But what winds up happening is that Luke senses the good in him, while on Bespin. He believes in it enough to want to bring him back, once he's come to that decision on Endor.

"You learn that Darth Vader isn?t this monster. He?s a pathetic individual who made a pact with the Devil and lost. And he?s trapped. He?s a sad, pathetic character, not a big evil monster. I mean, he?s a monster in that he?s turned to the Dark Side and he?s serving a bad master and he?s into power and he?s lost a lot of his humanity. In that way, he?s a monster, but beneath that, as Luke says in Return of the Jedi, early on, ?I know there?s still good in you, I can sense it.? Only through the love of his children and the compass

6. Ascaaear

Ascaaear Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    What I ment is.... I dont believe that Yoda and Obi-Wan are actually person after they died. This is not the case here, but I always believe their body vanished and their spirit joined the Force. When Anakin died and his spirit joined the Force, I take it as when the Force (incl. Obi-Wan, Yoda and everybody else) accepted him as he are, it aslo accepted the life he have lived without any more punishment. By being Vader, he`s been punished enough. And btw. why would they punish a spirit?

Offcourse he would be punished in by the Jedi order, if the story turned but so. But I dont think the Jedi order would do the same mistake twice, by almost loosing him to the Dark. They know he is strong, and he are the Choosen one.

7. Eternal_Jedi

Eternal_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    ObiWan2790, that is a terrible cartoon.

I read Maddox's entire "review" of ROTS, and that cartoon of his is a prime example of how he has completely and utterly failed to grasp the whole point of the film.

"Sure! Even though I have no reason to believe you, I'm compelled to deny a lifetime of hard work, training, and benevolence..."

Anakin has every reason to believe Palpatine.

Anakin's relationship with the Jedi has been strained at best from the very beginning. In his very first meeting with the Jedi Council in TPM, they tell him that they sense much fear in him. They feel he is dangerous. Qui-Gon brought Anakin to the Jedi -- separating him from his mother -- so that he could be trained, and very quickly they decide that he will not be trained. By the end of TPM, the Council begrudgingly allows Obi-Wan to train Anakin, most likely out of respect for Qui-Gon's dying wish. This resentment characterizes their attitudes towards Anakin throught his entire life in the Jedi order.

In AOTC, Anakin expresses frustration with being held back by Obi-Wan and the other Jedi. They don't trust him enough to give him any real responsibilities. He knows that he is innately stronger with the Force than the other Jedi, but they will not train him to reach his full potential. He believes that they are either jealous of his abilities, or they simply don't trust him enough to teach him all that he is capable of learning. When his mother dies, Anakin is angry with the Jedi, truly believing that if they hadn't held him back and had allowed him to reach his full potential, he would have had the power to save her. They took him away from his mother once, and did not allow him to see her again during those ten years. Now they have taken her away from him permanently. He knows that if the Jedi ever find out about Padme, they will take her away from him too.

In ROTS, Anakin is still trying to gain the trust of the Jedi. Unlike the Jedi, Palpatine has always show respect for Anakin, and has recognized his abilities without any sign of mistrust or suspicion. Palpatine demonstrates his trust in Anakin by asking him to be his representative on the Jedi Council. The Jedi respond by granting him a seat on the Council, but refusing to grant him the rank of Master, as they still do not trust him. Obi-Wan then reveals that the Council only approved his position because they want him to spy on Palpatine for them. At this point, as far as Anakin is concerned, Palpatine has always been completely honest with him, while the Jedi have always treated him with resentment and distrust. And now the Jedi are asking him to act in a manner which he feels dishonest -- they are asking him to betray the Republic and work his way further into Palpatine's confidence, only to report on his actions back to the Council. A lifetime of benevolence? Hardly.

Again the Jedi show their distrust in Anakin by not allowing him to pursue General Grevious, despite the fact that he had proven himself capable of confronting the General. Now Palaptine confides in Anakin that he is in fact the Sith Lord that they have been searching for. In doing this, Palpatine is showing the ultimate trust in Anakin -- his is placing his life in Anakin's hands by telling him the truth.

Of course Anakin initally feels angry and betrayed, his first instinct to draw his lightsaber and strike down Palpatine where he stands. But he knows that is not the right thing to do. Palpatine may be an evil Sith Lord, but the laws of the Republic and the Jedi code dictate that he must stand trial, and Anakin believes in those principles. Once again, Mace shows Anakin that he still doesn't completely trust him by telling him to wait in the temple, and if he is telling the truth, he will finally have gained Mace's trust.

In those moments of solitude and reflection in the Council chamber, Anakin contemplates his relationships with the Jedi and Palpatine. He feels deceived, used, and betrayed by both Palpatine and the Jedi at this point. He realiz

8. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    Maddox probably liked the movie, and has probably enjoyed every Star Wars movie. He's probably a Star Wars. It's just his job to act like that and make fun of everything and everybody.

9. poker

poker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    eternal_jedi = The force is strong with you

10. Ryper

Ryper Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    Eternal_Jedi,

I like your post above. I agree with most of what you said. I think that everyone can see that Anakin feels betrayed by the Jedi order. But what is seen as weak is the fact that this one point wasn't really exploited fully in the movie. Sure, it shows up as hints here and there (for example, in the opera scene, Palps hints at powers that couldn't be learned by a Jedi - i.e., there is power the Jedi can't (or won't?) teach him. Also, when Anakin corners Palps, he again says I can teach you so that you'll be more pwerful than any Jedi). But that's about it - hints. It never goes further. Even these hints don't show that the Jedi betrayed Anakin, just vague notions of a power to be learned. Sure, he used the "saving Padme" to get Anakin to turn initially and to turn on Mace, but after that, it should have been all power, all Jedi treachery, all the time. It should have been power, power, power. The true sith way. Especially, considering that he basically tells Anakin that he can't, in fact, save Padme. What's he got now? Only the ability to give Anakin the power to rule the galaxy, to be the greatest Jedi, which was his potential that was denied by the Jedi. Well, killing the Jedi who would stop at nothing to deny Anakin this power makes sense. Instead, we get this notion of the Jedi are enemies of the Republic and all that nonsense. That to me is what is extremely weak. He should have heaped upon Anakin the failings of the Jedi against Anakin himself, and that he was destined to rule the galaxy - so destroy the Jedi who would not let that happen. Screw the Republic. Screw the Senate. I really thought killing the younglings becuase the Jedi are going after the Senate and "are enemies of the Republic" is way out of place at that moment.

Anakin comes off as confused, but way too much so. For goodness sakes, Palps's first order is to kill all the Jedi, a preemptive strike, after Anakin just said that Palps should get a fair trial. That was laughable. Save the Senate, he says, when he basically destoryed it. How thick does Anakin have to be? Sure, we don't need everyhting spelled out, but when you try to make a story too complicated, and quite frankly haven't thought everything out, you ruin it. You make the story too unbelievable. A striaghtforward explanation for Anakin's turn would have simple sure, but it would have fit. Heck, Episode IV was a straightforward story, and it worked (which, I may add, was before GL thought through the entire star wars saga backstory). Now, all we get is alot of confusion on Anakin's part, too much contradiction, not a real sense of purpose, which makes alot of people, it seems from this board, too unconvinced as to a major part of the movie and the saga, for that matter. I understand that Anakin needs to be confused and may not have fully turned at that moment, but his state of mind at that moment does not fit his actions. Killing the younglings and a preemptive strike against the Jedi are not the actions of a "confused" mind, who is obviously, according to many, still trying to figure it all out. Anakin says so himself - "what have I done." Going off on a killing spree on such notions is indeed, IMHO, weak.

The bottom line is, he should have been confused the entire first half of the movie, had Palps prod his ego to be a ruler and a truly powerful Jedi/Sith, and finally resolved his confusion when he kills Mace, etc. That would have worked.

11. EvilSkillZ

EvilSkillZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Ryper-

I love your post man, You are one who actually thinks things through. Sometimes, during ROTS its like Lucas is trying to make the story mean so many things on so many levels that you lose some of what made Star Wars so great in the first place. I love the emotion of ROTS, the old feelings are there. But when you really think about the reality of Anakin, did Lucas go too far with the turn? Wasn't it better when he was leading stormtroopers at the beginning of ANH and we had no idea of his backstory? Yes I love all the meanings of ROTS. I think he did a fine job with the picture. But in reality yes, this is a man that can teach us a lot about ourselves and how anyone can turn "evil". But, It also is way over the top and extreme at the same time. I like that scene with Palpatine vs Mace more the second time, but it still can be seen as very laughable. He really does go from so confused and messed up to ok sure, I'll kill whoever you want just because I'm out of options here. It makes Anakin seem like a victim of love and attachment, but also as a person who cannot see the light of day.

Maybe if Lucas stuck to the idea of taking over the world more, and controlling everyone, and being the strongest force user ever, his line at the end, "my empire" would have had more meaning behind it. Now it comes off as a little laughable. I feel the meaning cause I totally digest the character and what Lucas is trying to do, but for a mass audience, he could of done a little bit more. And even made it a greater work of art. But that is why we Love Star Wars, cause we know it could always be more.

But then on second thought, if Lucas did just make the movie about power and corruption it would be a very simple story like ryper also says. Maybe it would of worked more, but I don't know if it would make you feel as much or want to watch the old movies as much right after seeing ROTS. Part of what makes this movie so good is that it creates a whole new meaning for the character and for the whole Skywalker family. I think he does that beautifully. Yes sometimes we want the man's actions to be believable, but lets think for a moment here. Does a man that dresses up in a black silly suit, and kills people for the sake of it ever going to come off as totally realistic or believable? This is a story guys, if you loved the end of ROTJ during Vader's turn back to the "good" side to save his son, Luke, when he was the most evil man in the world, then how can you not love what Lucas did this time with him in ROTS? He finished the story and he provided more meaning to scenes that were filmed 20 years ago. How often is that ever done on such a high level in a sequel or a prequel? Remember he had to fill in all the gapst while also trying to make a great original work in the process. In that sense, I think he succeeded on all levels. And he probably created the most action packed, emotional, and deep Star Wars story we could of ever hoped for. Which makes the other films seem simple after watching ROTS. To accomplish that after all the crap we have given Lucas over the years, is really outstanding and should make us all proud we are part of such a rich universe.

12. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    That is such a lazy attitude toward Darth Vader.

Lets make a list of others in the GFFA who have killed:

Han Solo: Greedo, troopers in hanger bay 94, troopers on the DS, troopers flying TIE fighters, trooper on Hoth, more troopers flying TIE fighters, Boba Fett, Jabba's guards, troopers on Endor.

Luke Skywalker: troopers on the DS, troopers flying TIE fighters, troopers riding in/piloting AT-ATs, Jabba's guards, and troopers on Endor.

Leia Organa: troopers on the DS, troopers on Hoth, and troopers on Endor (and she was a Senator!).

Yoda: troopers on Kashyyyk, and possibly Red Guards.

Mace Windu: Jango Fett, and he was going to kill Palpatine.

This list could go on forever. The point is that the Heros killed many many people

Mine was a lazy non-thought out response? You are actually comparing the killing of bounty hunters like Jango Fett and stormtroopers to the killing of younglings by Vader? That's laughable at best

13. poker

poker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Does a man that dresses up in a black silly suit, and kills people for the sake of it ever going to come off as totally realistic or believable?

You bring an interesting point.

Look in real life. Does life seems logical to you when you watch the news on TV? Never heard a story about a normal guy who gets dumped by his wife and proceed to kill her and his own children because he can't handle her to go away?

What I mean is, Anakin is a good kid who totally lose it. We can't explain evil things logically, because its NOT logical to begin with. In Anakin's case, its a build up of many years and manipulation of Palpatine. Once he starts the down path (Mace killing), he's so deep into **** that the only way to get out of it (so he thinks) is to destroy everything in his path. The "drug" addiction of the Darkside does the rest.

14. Lyvia

Lyvia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    Great post ryper I agree with everything you said =D=

15. ThePriminister05

ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    Eternal_Jedi, that is the most intelligent post I've read in a while.

"I heartedly agree with you sir."

16. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Mine was a lazy non-thought out response? You are actually comparing the killing of bounty hunters like Jango Fett and stormtroopers to the killing of younglings by Vader? That's laughable at best

Killing is killing! If it's ok our heros to kill stormtroopers and bounty hunters, then it is ok for Anakin to kill younglings.

The stromtroopers and bounty hunters were a threat to our heros, and the younglings were a threat to Anakin. He had to destroy THE ENTIRE Jedi Order, not just the ones who might best him in the next week or so.

The great thing about Star Wars is it allows each viewer to interpret the characters' motivations and actions as they see fit. I don't see a black and white good versus evil in Star Wars anymore (except for Palpatine). As the opening crawl of ROTS said, "evil is everywhere."

I said the "attitude" was lazy anyway, not the "response." I stand by that. It requires no extra thought to see Anakin as evil because he kills enemies who happen to be "good guys", while accepting it as ok for good guys to kill enemies who happen to be "bad guys."

17. Greedo_forever

Greedo_forever Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2005
    thechozn1

don't forget Leia STRANGLING Jabba the Hutt!

ha ha!

18. ObiWan2790

ObiWan2790 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    the cartoon was a joke, eternal_jedi. i didnt mean anything offensive.

19. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
  20. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    The possibility of death in childbirth was not believable. In and of itself, it's ridiculous. Outside of some undeveloped third world country, it's almost unheard of. It's also completely disconnected from the rest of Anakin's actions. When Luke went to save Han and Leia, the rewards of using the Dark Side were obvious: give into his anger, defeat the Imperials, and save their lives. In Episode II, it would have been obvious, at least had Anakin arrived earlier: giving into his darker nature, killing the Sandpeople would remove the threat to his mother's life, and take her home. In both cases, the threat was emminent, tangible, and believable, and thus so was the attempt to prevent it. Death in childbirth, as tragic as it might be, is a death by natural causes. It's also something that nobody would become convinced of months in advance.

So Lucas thinks he can make it credible by placing it in a dream. So the focus is shifted from using the dark side to defeat one's enemies to using the dark side to learn some parlor trick to prevent death. Thus Anakin's actions--slaughtering the Jedi and the separatists--are disconnected from his expected reward. In Episode II and V, there is a direct connection.

So no, recycling the dream--or rather, giving us a preview in Episode II--isn't enough to make it believable. It's not about the dream, or the dreamer believing his dreams are infallible. It's about the threat revealed by the dream. Death in childbirth wouldn't be believable without the dream, and it doesn't become believable with it. The threat has to have some weight all by itself before using the dream becomes believable.

21. CJedi72

CJedi72 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    How come after Anakin finally pledges himself to Palpatine, and says I will do anything if you help me save Padme, how come he doesn't mention it to Palpatine the rest of the movie?

How come this isn't brought up again about saving Padme? I still contest that this whole turning of Anakin is done very badly. I don't buy he started turning after the tusken slaugter either.

The only reason he pledged his allegiance to Palpatine, was to save Padme from dying, nothing more, nothing less, he never turned to the darkside, and it totally contradicts Vaders statement to Luke in ROTJ, "You don't know the power of the darkside!" The darkside is supposed to engross you and take you over, and before the PT, I always thought that Luke was stronger willed than his father, and that is why he never gave in to The Emperor. Anakin just wanted to learn to save Padme, not turn to the darkside, to me they are two totally different issues.

It went from saving Padme, to I am gonna go on a rampage of killing every jedi, but not ask about saving her again for the rest of the movie? Weak.

22. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Are you kidding? It's still possible today. There's a thing called hemorrhaging. Not all doctors can stop it, no matter how hard they try. There are also certain genetic disorders that can be fatal to either the mother or child or both.

That said what killed Padme had nothing to do with child birth. But rather a broken heart.

You miss the intention. The point is that the Dark Side is the pathway to power. And to have power, a Jedi must use the Dark Side. For the Dark Side can give the Sith what they want. Or more aptly put, let's listen to the creator.

"The film is ultimately about the dark side and the light side, and those sides are designed around compassion and greed. The issue of greed, of getting things and owning things and having things and not being able to let go of things, is the opposite of compassion?of not thinking of yourself all the time. These are the two sides?the good force and the bad force. They're the simplest parts of a complex cosmic construction."

--George Lucas, AOTC DVD commentary.

"The first film starts with the last age of the Republic; which is it's getting tired, old, it's getting corrupt. There's the rise of the Sith, who are now becoming a force, and in the backdrop of this you have Anakin Skywalker: a young boy who's destined to be a very significant player in bringing balance back to the Force and the Republic.

In the second film, we get into more of that turmoil. It's the beginning of the Clone Wars, it's the beginning of the end of democracy in the Republic, sorta the beginning of the end of the Republic, and it's Anakin Skyalker beginning to deal with some of his more intense emotions of anger, hatred, sense of loss, possessiveness, jealousy, and the other things he's coping with.

Then we will get to the 3rd film, where he is seduced to the dark side, which brings up to films four, five, and six, where Anakin's offspring redeem him & allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe."

--George Lucas, The Star Wars Trilogy VHS Boxset 2000.

"...some of the people had a hard time with the reason that Anakin goes bad. Somebody asked whether somebody could kill Anakin's best friend, so that he really gets angry. They wanted a real betrayal, such as, 'You tried to kill me so now I'm going

23. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    wow. thanks for bumping this. this was a very entertaining thread

24. COMMANDER-CODY24

COMMANDER-CODY24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2005
    Why would anybody think that Anakin's turn into the dark side was so weak...?

Did anyone noticed all the stages he went through:

Fear: To lose his mother.

Anger: To feel angry for those who were responsible, and taking revenge for her lose. He even felt angry for Cliegg Lars who wasn't able to do nothing for Shmi. Didn't anyone notice Anakin's look when he stare at him carrying his mother's body.

Hate: He hate them all, and he killed not only those whom were responsible for her mother's death, but all, including women and children, whom were not responsible for it.

Suffering: To feel the pain of his lose, and his dark fate. He felt he was useless, and that he didn't act properly because he wasn't strong enough. He felt guilty and took this burden with him for the rest of his life.

After giving into hate, he completed his path or journey into the dark side. He even took away Dooku's life just for revenge, because he felt so angry, and because he had so much hate. He changed so much since then, even since he was a boy, who knew nothing about greed, and who felt compassion for others.

He was so attached, not only to his mother, but to his love for Padme, and he was sure that he couldn't fail again. He felt jealous for his friend and mentor, Obi Wan Kenobi. He couldn't stand that Kenobi was the one elected for that mision to take over General Grievous, and he was jealous to see him helping his wife during childbirth. He felt that his powers were being understimated by the Jedi Council, and that his only friend was Palpatine, a man who didn't really care for him, but destroyed his fate, and doomed his life...

Who would ever think that his turn was so weak... what else would you expect then???

25. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    I have no problem with Anakin's turn. To say he goes from confused to killing Younglings too quickly is to completely disregard that this is the same Jedi who slaughtered women and children in AOTC. As Yoda said 'If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny". Turning to the Dark Side is like putting on the One Ring in LOTR. Once you make that initial decision, free will is no longer an option. Anakin made his decision to turn to the Dark Side before he even arrived in Palpatine's office. Once he started on that path, there was no going back until Luke showed him the way many years later.

That post was still really funny, though, Green_Destiny_Sword [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.