main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's voice in a scene in Bounty Hunters

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darkchrono, Aug 3, 2014.

1. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I'm slowly going through my series box set of TCW and I began watching Bounty Hunters which is the last disc of season 2. In the very beginning of the episode when Anakin, Obi Wan, and Ahsoka were in the ship Anakin says 'Hang on.' Strange thing is is that it does not sound like Matt Lanter's voice at all when he says that. Right after he says 'hang on' it goes back to sounding like Lanter's voice but 'hang on' sounds like someone entirely different voicing it.

Did anybody else notice that and does anybody know of any other moments in the series where it seems someone else is voicing a character for a particular line or so. I wonder if there are indeed moments every great once in a while where someone has to do a couple lines for a character other than the regular voice actor or if it is just a moment where they may have messed up on something while taping the voice.

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    "They're just petty crooks."

Ugh. :p

But Anakin? I don't know, I haven't seen that episode in a couple of years. I'd have to go back and have a look for myself.

cwustudent and Cevan like this.
  3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    that line + my mind = [​IMG]

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  4. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014

He does sound a bit weird when he says that. And let's not get into how everything he said in The Wrong Jedi sounded off. Curry's Sidious voice is fine, but his Palps definitely needed some work.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's kinda funny, because Season 6 had a higher concentration of Palpatine appearances than any other season, perhaps more than the entire series before that. Obviously Abercrombie got to do the recordings for the Clovis trilogy, but Curry got a lot of exposure, as both Palpatine and Sidious.

As for Bounty Hunters, I find it unlikely that Lanter would have been unavailable for such a short line. But then, petty crooks and all that, so who knows.

6. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    The voice that Anakin has for that one line that I mentioned is much much deeper than his normal voice for the series. If that is Lanter saying that line I wonder if the recording of it got a little messed up.