main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's Wounds

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by StarDude, May 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naked_Jango

Naked_Jango Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    I think I like this idea too. Palpatine plays the father figure to Anakin, promoting him and encouraging him. Later, Anakin may test his 'father,' as all males tend to do, and Palpy may just throw some smack down and say, 'boy, I brought in into this world, sorta, and I can take you out!' Leaving Anakin in a state of dire medical attention, Palpy builds Anakin into Vader causing Vader to become dependant on Palpy.

Then, we see in ESB that Vader is tired of being 2nd fiddle to this old guy with shocking fingers. He wants to rule the galaxy (decided what's best for them and make them do it) with his son. But, he still has to be Palpy's puppet while courting his son.

Palpy already knows that as a sith lord, the apprentice will eventually (try to) usurp his master and take over. So, what better way to remain the master? Have someone kill your apprentice, then take him as your new apprentice. Simple. Except for that little thing Luke did.

2. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
  3. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I would really like it if Palpy used Force lightning against Anakin in E3 in a similar trap to the one set for Luke in RotJ. That would really show how everything had come full circle and how Palpy's torment of Luke was meant to be a torment of Vader as well.

4. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    Up again! :)

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Possibly . . . but in AotC, Anakin seems to be a superior swordsman. The movie seemed to hint at that a lot.

OK, then why didn't Obi-Wan die against Vader in ANH until he let Vader kill him?

Anyhow...I think Obi-Wan inflicts the injuries. We do see Obi-Wan go postal on Maul in a classic Form V attack-perhaps he winds up doing the same against Anakin, and messes him up with T/K?

6. BenK

BenK Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2002
    Just an opinion, but it may be a bit odd to have Palpy hurting Anakin and to have Anakin still obey him after that... imagine how Maul or Dooku would have responded if Palpay had tried that... Palpy generally respects his apprentices, calling them "Lord xxx"... Also, Vader is supposed to be really twisted and evil... so it's unlikely that he will be portrayed as having let Obi-Wan go... plus that would make Obi-Wan in the OT look like an ingrate...

Honestly, the only credible person (excluding Palpy) whom I think is able to hurt Anakin (and yet not lower Anakin's reputation as the all-powerful chosen one) is Yoda... (even Obi-Wan managing to defeat him is quite unbelievable...) maybe Anakin tries to kill Yoda with Force lightning just as Dooku did and Yoda retaliates and really hurts him bad....

7. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Intresting Theory...

I like it :)

I was always curious to what extent Vaders Injuries were, of course with his helmet off we can see some scars, but what else. If his injuries were as bad as they are sometimes made to be, its a miracle he survived at all. But you would have to also take into account that he was a jedi, and proably had some experience healing himself, that may have given him time for the emperor to find him...

Oh well, time will tell.

8. Oo-ta_Goo-ta_Solo

Oo-ta_Goo-ta_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2001
    If you're going to parse the OT dialog, it's important to quote it correctly:

"*When I left you*, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

Perhaps the "when I left you part" support the origal theory brought up in this thread.

9. LazyJC22

LazyJC22 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    but when exactly does "when I left you" mean? is it when he left Obi-Wan's guidance, or when he last leaves him at their duel?

i have to think Obi-Wan inflicts most of anakin/vader's damage because, if not, he will become open to complete vilianization. think about it, if Obi-Wan 1)vows to train anakin despite admitting that the boy was dangerous, 2)fails to extinguish his passion for padme and thereby let him violate the Jedi Code, 3)loses to anakin/vader not once, but twice in lightsaber combat, than he becomes one of the most inept Jedi of all time.

i don't think that is his planned role in all of this, despite what he might contribute to the emergence of "the chosen one" (luke).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.