main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Analysis of Yoda vision in Chpt. 21

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by orangefuzz, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    I thought that Yoda's vision of Qui-Gon and young Anakin was one of the more interesting and well presented parts of Chpt. 21. But I'm still not sure I completley get it. The way I see it is Yoda is somewhat communicating/interacting with Qui-Gon's spirit or something and was kind of seeking his advice on the matter. But the questions I still have are why is it young Anakin? Why at the Dagobah cave? Anybody have anything too add please do so.

Redirecting to here.

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Personally I saw it as Qui-Gon communicating with Yoda on several levels. The first is that Anakin is ready to be a Jedi Knight (at least in Qui-Gon's eyes). Why it was young Anakin, I do not know -- perhaps to give Yoda a little reminder of what Anakin's training started. Whether or not Yoda recognized Dagobah, I don't know either. However, it was very symbolic of how Yoda would train Luke later on.

Another thing one must take into consideration is that Qui-Gon may have been commicating the thoughts to Anakin as well. He did in AOTC--so why couldn't he now? Anakin makes a comment about how Obi-Wan is inferior to Qui-Gon -- perhaps Anakin saw the vision and saw how different things would be under Qui-Gon's wing rather than Obi-Wan's.

3. DARTH_DORKINS

DARTH_DORKINS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    "through the force, things you will see"

I think this is Yoda seeing into his own future in a strange sort of way. It makes perfect sense if you think about it. These Clone Wars cartoons are really everything you could ask for. I felt like tonight really was the begining of the end. I got kind of sad.

4. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Yeah I was thinking maybe it was some sort of alternate future thing. But that doesn't support why Anakin was so young. Maybe it was Anakin as Qui-Gon last remebered him.

5. DARTH_DORKINS

DARTH_DORKINS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    Thats not really what I was saying. This isn't literal, nor does it ever take place between Anakin and Qui-Gon. Its not a flashback. Yoda, doesn't know of Luke yet, he's seeing his own future with icons in place for understanding. Whats really great about this scene is it makes Yoda's line in ESB so much more like he is remembering as he says this.

6. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

the future? Anakin was like 5 in that scene.

"through the force- places you will see- the future, the past...."

I think it was a flash to the past/ or more a flashback of Yoda looking on to a young Anakin.

The scene was COOL - but made no sense to me.

Is this suppose to make me believe that Qui Gon is responsible for Yoda going to dagobah? Will we hear that in Ep iii?

Weird yet very cool episode.

Clone

7. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    :::I think it was a flash to the past/ or more a flashback of Yoda looking on to a young Anakin.

When, in the story-arc of TPM. was Qui-Gon Jinn ever able, with the Naboo Blockade Controversy ever unfolding, to take little Ani to Dagobah?

A flashback, it cannot be.

More, a vision of what *could have been*, had Master Qui-Gon had lived, it was.

8. MoldyBread

MoldyBread Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 10, 2000
    In the episode the council talks about Anakin being ready for the trials - one of them was something about facong the Mirror. And that made me think of Luke's result in Dagobah - His own face under the mask. Maybe the vision was signifying that Anakin was ready or has already faced enough of the trials to become a Jedi.

9. casusev

casusev Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2004
    I just assumed that it was Naboo, but who knows

10. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    If it is meant to be Qui-Gon communicating with Yoda from the other side of the force, I think the idea is clear. QG is trying to get across to Yoda that Anakin is just about ready for his final test. Of course it does not communicate if Anakin passes or fails this test.

We know that Anakin will fail his ultimate test. I wonder if QG from the force has any idea.

It is an interesting part of the story to develop into EPIII. I hope the novel explores this further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.