main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anbody else play a single game for at least three days in a row?

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 5' started by JediMasterAmanda, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    Has anyone besides me purposefully take three days to play through a game even though you are capable of beating said game in one just because you enjoy playing it so much? I have done this with multiple games because I liked playing them so much. Some games I will even play through like four times in a single week. An example of this being Jak II. It is one of my favorite non-Star Wars video games and I once played it through four times in one week.

Please do not be mean about this, I am trying to socialize...

2. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    the koreans and the japanese.

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ...Scrabble...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Do you mean three days non stop? Or overall?

5. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    either really. I actually meant over the course of three days. not necessarily being the only thing you do during those three days. but those work too.

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I once played a game of Scrabble over four snow days.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Well.. I played Oblivion for over 400 days, but only 120 or so were in a row.

http://360voice.gamerdna.com/blog-games.asp?tag=MedievalSam

I have no life.

8. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    400 days! :eek: [face_laugh] I don't think I have played any game that many days. I know for certain I have written that long, but not play a game...[face_thinking]

9. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Monopoly can get pretty intense.

10. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    Monopoly? [face_laugh] That game gets boring for me after a couple hours by which time we are usually about done with the first game and then there's always someone who wants to play again...

11. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I've played about 20-30 hours of Saints Row 2 over the last week.

12. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    I love all the customizations you can do in that game, especially the new fighting moves you can learn. The variety was probably the reason I raced to the end of the main campaign, whereas I could never bring myself to play GTA IV till the end.

Oh, and Michael Dorn!

13. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Yeah, just finished the campaign last night (including the secret mission). I like that they don't try to justify your actions in any way like they did in SA or GTA 4...your character is a psycho murderer and likes it that way :p

I also like the totally outlandish missions...I missed them in GTA4 and its 'realistic' style. Checkpoints and mission retries are great too.

And to answer Jello..I spent so long because I completed a lot of optional activities...all the chop shops, hitman lists, etc to get free guns and unlimited ammo. I don't think I've spent any money at a gun shop :p

And to answer Jacen's question from elsewhere...I haven't used the car upgrades at all yet, since I like the cars I get for free already. Might now though, since I haven't much else to do and nearly $800,000 in the bank. :p

14. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I remember playing FF8 for teh first time. There's the instruction to walk through the woods to the left somewhere. I chose the other left and got lost on the map for several days. :oops:

I did take some free days to play that again once. Great fun.:D

15. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    Sounds like me Lanna! [face_laugh] The first time I ever played a Final Fantasy game I got lost for a couple days and had to have my brother get me back on track.

16. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    I've been working on FF6 on and off for the last couple of months as well. Only Kefka's Tower to go now.

17. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I played this game for three days in a row now.
    Not that it got me anywhere...[face_plain]

Btw, you do realise that I am staring to work my way down page four now, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.