main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Ancient Jedi sacrificed on Korriban

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Brenapp, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I believe it's stated in the TCW episode where Yoda goes to Korriban, that long ago ancient Jedi were sacrificed to the dark side in large numbers on altars. Is there any time in the EU when this could have occurred?

2. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Most of them, really, prior to the Republic of the PT. Right up until Bane. It wouldn't be terribly difficult not to slay a sound beaten or captured Jedi, and then take him to the world. Perhaps by 'Jedi' it might even also mean turncoats who failed to become Sith, make them 'useful' for something.

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    What Alixen said.

I found that line really interesting too, especially coming right after there'd been that episode with Talzin sacrificing people to drain their Force energy.

It's a shame that TCW only started really getting into Admiral Motti's "sorcerous ways" when the axe fell, as I'd have enjoyed seeing where else they planned to take some of these things, as it was starting to get very "old school" in an almost TOTJ kind of magical feel compared to the pretty generic first seasons that were just blasters and laser swords.

purplerain likes this.
  4. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    "One of you has what it takes to become a Sith. The others... do not. But let nothing go to waste, the weak shall feed the strong upon this alter at the tip of the blade. This is no idle threat, so let this knowledge feed your fear, your anger, and be the victor in this final test. Break your chains. Seize the power on offer... and live."

I can almost imagine it being a common part of the ancient Sith Lords rituals. The 'class of 3000BBY' final picture would just be a lone freshly minted Sith, the blood covered corpses of his rivals piled next to the alter.

I can also imagine beaten Jedi led in chains (with one of the various force-nullifiers of the galaxy) to terrible prisons, where they await an almost Aztec ritual.

DarthJenari and DelRiego like this.
  5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    #PRESTIGE #KOTORSITHACADEMY #YOLO

6. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    Bit of a bump, but the idea that Jedi were sacrificed on Korriban, or otherwise tormented there, is an old one that goes back to Korriban's very first appearance in Dark Lords of the Sith, which actually depicted such a Jedi sacrifice. Remember the giant crystal filled with the spirits of Jedi Masters who Nadd snuffed out in order to further corrupt Exar Kun?:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Tzizvvt78, Zorrixor and Starkeiller like this.
  7. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    And the "only the dark side can save you" blackmail tactic is the same Palpatine used on Anakin.

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I noticed that crystal trap. It's a nice tie-in with the statement in the episode.

Also, Yoda got a better reception than Kun. Several groups of Sith ghosts instead of some old mecha/magic zombies.

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Minch had been there before when he was a Sith apprentice and they knew not to try their luck with him a second time. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.