main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Ancient War Of Tattooine (based on an RP by -Guerrero-Del-Luz-)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by ancient_power, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coota

Coota Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    Blondie kept his own weapons, his shotgun and flintlock, aimed the heads of the soldiers; they were in a classic Tattooine standoff.

"I think I can. I'd even be willing to wager that you need me more than I need you. You're scouts, which means you don't have any kind of transportation, whereas I've got a sandcrawler. They leave us here, and we all die at the hands of those bug things, because I doubt there are more than a dozen of you, if that. Sure, I'll ally with you, but it'll be on my terms. Drop your guns, and we can walk back to the crawler together."

Blondie grinned slightly; he knew this kid was trying to play on his fears, but he didn't have many. That was a Tusken raider scout party, not a war party; there wouldn't be any more Tuskens within miles of this location. But he didn't feel like getting shot here, and he needed to get back to the Sandcrawler. He might as well make a deal with these boys.

2. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    OOC:Sorry, I meant to talk about the Geonosans. Just typed it wrong...

IC:"I'm interested in peace," Moru'tok said, "And to ensure all of us getting out of here alive, we shall put our guns away. However, you have to remember that there still are more of us than there are of you, and you could probably kill quite a few of us really fast, but you probably wouldn't last too long. So do we have a deal?"

3. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    "Yeah, sure. I don't feel like dying today. C'mon, I'm sure you know where the sandcrawler is. It's the big hunk of metal in the desert."

Blondie slid his guns into their places and ran with the soldiers towards the landcrawler. A buzz was growing in their ears; the Geonosian guards at the ship were beginning to mass...

4. Jedi_Apparition

Jedi_Apparition Jedi Master star 2

Feb 19, 2003
    A'Israe and his men quickly dispatched the two remaining invader scouts. They moved up the hill to the position the scouts had occupied. They carried little water but the comlinks they carried might be useful they decided. So they picked up the water, the comlinks, they left the lasers under a rock near the ravine and called their Banthas back to them. Lammac's was not wounded to badly they decided. Now the time had come to decide on a course of action.

"I'Lal" A'Israe said "you will come with me and we will follow this band of invaders. Lammac you and A'Lanro will ride back to the camp and tell my father what has happened. Take this trophy to my father and tell him to use it." He handed Lammac one of the comlinks.

So the Tuskens parted ways and headed off toward the camp and the Jawa crawler....

"I'Lal, what should we do?" A'Israe said as they dismounted and moved over the dunes toward the canyon they had heard held the crawler being careful to stay out of sight of the buzzing creatures and their ship. In the distance they could hear Lammac begin to sing the chant of their tribe.

"They are invaders. they attacked us they will die." said I'Lal

And A'Israe knew he was right, that was the way of their people...

They arrived in sight of the party as it arrived at the Sandcrawler. They had taken up a position in the sand dunes above the crawler. This time I'Lal watched their backs in case an enemy arrived. A'Israe took a bead on the head of the first invader near the Crawler. "For the blood of our ancestors we strtike the invader's for the loss of our home we strike fear in their hearts." he said quoting the Tusken war chant as he pulled the trigger on his hunting rifle instantly killing him. They moved quietly and quickly along the back of the dune to another position, where he again pulled a bead on the second invader near the Crawler... Tag Moru'tok/Blondie

5. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    "You seem to be almost out of men, kid," Blondie commented, dodging behind the sandcrawler as another of Moru'tok's men fell to the ground with a Tusken slug in his head. There were only Moru'tok and two other, now.

"Hey, Tellik, let us in," Blondie shouted.

A door opened near where they stood, and Tellik emerged, chittering. "<Can we trust them?>"

"Probably not, but there's only three of them," Blondie replied, motioning the humans aboard, and then following them in. The door closed and the sandcrawler began to move even as the Sandpeople attempted vainly to stop it.

"<Where to?>" Tellik asked.

"The Jawa mountain city... Ciera Scadege, right? We should be able to find someone who can work with the ancient technology there."

"What? A Jawa city?" Moru'tok protested.

"I'm not letting Tallon Kor get his hands on this thing. Besides, I'm absolutely sure I could kill you and both of your men before you could even raise your lasers. And anyone who survived would get taken out by the Jawas. So, you don't have much of a choice."

Moru'tok shrugged, "Sure, but aren't we a little past threats? I mean, c'mon, trust us!"

"I don't trust anybody."

6. bowieslefteye

bowieslefteye Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    OCC:: oops

7. Jedi_Apparition

Feb 19, 2003
    As they were runing into the crawler A'Israe took careful aim at a third Invader but missed as he dodged behind the door of the Crawler.

I'Lal grunted drawing his attention to the small swarm of the new creature drawing closer as the door to the crawler closed.

A'Israe knew it was time to hide and he quickly helped I'Lal dig a tunnel in the back of the dune. They climbed in hanging the camoflage netting from I'Lal's bandoliers. Without another they began to eat the food which they had in their pouches.

"We will follow them tonight when the sun sleeps. By then my father will have word from Lammac."

Tent of A'Sharad

They heard the singing of their tribal chant long before they could see two Banthas and their riders. Once they saw them they knew the pace was slow for the only reason possible. A BAntha Was wounded. A Party of Arned warriors quickly departed to Aid them in case they were still under attack...

"Soon we will know what has happened to my son" A'Sharad said to the Teller as they sat near his tent. "Soon our course will be irevocably set."

Tag Kung-fu-Yoda whoever

8. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    As they entered the transport, they began to talk, "I was hoping to be able to get out of here alive, and if you hadn't have run off, we wouldn't have gotten ourselves killed back there. And I know you're all like 'I trust nobody!' but people just died out there!" Ornen yelled at Coota, "And we might die too, there's four of us and about twenty Geonosians coming at our ship. Does this thing have any defensive positions?"

A few minutes later, the four humans were at an area of firing slits at the top-back deck of the Sandcrawler. Coota had his shotgun, ready to kill anything that made it close enough and the other three had their laser rifles, with the exception of one of Moru'tok's companions, who had an assault rifle. The Geonosian swarm of about twenty was fast-approaching, and they readied their weapons as the force grew closer....

9. Jedi_Apparition

Feb 19, 2003
    OCC:: Are we the only people left here??

A'Israe quickly fell asleep as I'Lal sat and cleaned his gun. He would do the same in a few hours when he stood watch.

Camp of Tribe Ghaz
    An Hour after they first saw them just as night began to descend upon the planet. They would take the report in council A'Sharad had decided. BUt this time the entire tribe would meet around the tribal fire so that they could hear and understand why they were moving and how they had decided to move.

As soon as Lammac and and A'Lanro had tended to their Banthas and Lammac's had been bandaged the council began. A'Sharad stood to begin : "These two men rode with my son A'Israe and I'Lal to investigate an explosion to the East of us. I had feared it was the invaders but my son sent news yesterday that it was instead a new type of creature. These men returned today. Let us here their tale."

With that Lammac stood and related the tale of what had happened to them, from the invader sneaking into the ship to the aliens and the attack of the Invader scouts and there capture of the other invader. He told of how I'Lal and A'Israe had ridden after the invaders to destroy them and capture them if they could. "I do not think these new creatures are aware that we exist. I Can not say what we should do but we must act. I bring this trophy for you A'Sharad from your son. He says you may use it to communicate with him as he tracks the invaders."

"We have called this council to decide our course of action." Said A'Sharad taking the commlink from Lammac "Shall we follow my son and attack the Invaders or should we move our camp back away from this dispute sending men out to raid and harrass our enemies on the Jundland waste? Either way I believe that we should gather all of the tribes together to a mighty council as was done in the time of the B'ommarr invaders. I will send Lammac and A'Lanro to gather the tribes to the ancient burial ground that we slaughtered the invaders at before. There we will unite or continue in our seperate way. Teller! teach Lammac and A'Lanro the words of the chant of brotherhood that they might be able to gain access to the chiefs of other tribes."

The Teller took the two young men to Her tent to instruct them in the chant that would grant them safe passage through other tribes camps.

As they walked off the council erupted in conversation. A'Sharad instructed his people to think and return with a decision in the morning.Until then they would sleep...

10. bowieslefteye

Feb 11, 2003
    occ:here we go! all speach is translated to basic.
    ic:

di'je scaned the hrizon for enemies. looking for the smallest sign of movment waiting,if every thing went as planed hit tribe would leave at night fall. he looked back one more time just in case. he had been planing this for weeks now his troops had goten the explosives they needed and were ready to go at any time. he walked back to the encapment,and began to spread the word that they would be moving out at night fall.
    it was mid-day and it would be many hours till they left. He walked back to his quarters in the sand crawler,and picked up his comlink, and tuned it to his scouts chanel, "take six men to the south part of camp and start patrols"
    "yes sir" the vocie responded.
    he got out some of his water and had a quick drink,then he layed down and closed his eyes.

11. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    "I don't think you understand; if you hadn't tried to capture me, you could have killed those Sandpeople, and I would have gotten to the Sandcrawler. That's why I don't trust anyone: they're always out for themselves. So don't blame me for your own tactical mistakes. As for them, it's getting to be nighttime, and the nights of Tatooine are cold. Their wings are going to freeze, and fall apart."

Sure enough, their pursuers quickly discovered the faultiness of pursuing a fast moving sandcrawler at nighttime on Tatooine. The Geonosians turned around as night fell, pulling back to their camp before the temperature dropped to well below freezing.

12. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    "How long should it take to get there?" Moru'tok asked Coota, "Because if we can't make it by sunrise...."

13. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    OOC: ornen, i won't be on for a while. i give you permission to control Ky'yla.

14. Jedi_Apparition

Feb 19, 2003
    A'Israe woke I'Lal from his rest and they were ready to move out. They climbed quietly from the hole and rolled the netting back into the pouch from which it had come. Then they were off moving back over the dunes towards the ravine where they had been ambushed. As they walked they chanted for it was night on Tattooine, the one time that the Tuskens still truly ruled the planet.

Camp of Ghaz
    A'Sharad Thought about his plans as he fell asleep. I wonder if they will work. As he drifted off he could here the Teller, Lammac, A'Lanro practicing the chant well into the night. In the morning they would leave things would begin to change.

<<OOC:: I am going to have to add Lammac and A'Lanro to my characters unless somebody else wants them.... But there specs are essentially the same as A'Israe. So if any one protests just respond out of Char.>>

15. Jedi_Apparition

Feb 19, 2003
    <<OCC:: I will GM this thread if nobody has a problem with that. It you want me to then drop an OCC to that end in your next post. Sorry to Double post.>>

A'Israe and I'Lal quickly found the two lasers left by the slain invaders. Picking them up they called for their Banthas and began to walk back to the spot once inhabited by the Sancrawler. There they piled the newfound weapons with the two from the invaders A'Israe had shot. They busied themselves preparing straps to carry the heavy weapons and waited for the arrival of their banthas. In the distance they could here the startled cries of night birds and wild banthas as the Crawler disturbed their sleep. They knew it would soon be time to depart in one direction or the other so they sat and listened to the chants of distant tribes adding their own chants to the sounds of a Tattooine night. Looking back towards the eerily glowing ship they could see the body of a dead geonosian laying in the sand. A'Israe slowly stood and walked towards it to see what it looked liek up clse and if it was carrying anything useful. As he did he noticed a strange horn like object on the ground next to it and picked it up carefully. It looked like a horn but it appeared to be some sort of weapon. Deciding it might be useful in the future he carried it back to where they I'Lal sat...

16. bowieslefteye

Feb 11, 2003
    di'je awoke with a start some 5 hours later.
    He look around his quarters and he found a disk slipped under his door. He plugged it in to his termanal, and to his suprise, found the exact location he was looking for.
    He ameadeitly got on his robes adn walked to the bridge of the crawler. "capt come around 57 degres,and set new corse." here are the coordinates." He said as he handed the disk to the capt. he took his chair and began to wait it would be 12 hours till they reached thare destination.

17. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    OOC: alright. i'm back.

Ky'yla stood on the side of the road, blowing sand stinging her face. They should back by now, she thought, rubbing her arms and shivering even though it was searing hot.

She shook her head to clear it of the unwanted thoughts and strode to her favorite outdoor cantina.

18. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    OOC:I'll roleplay Tallon-kor.

IC:In a private room, Moru'tok pulled out his commlink. He was out of range of Mos Erentan; he checked the desert for signals. He found one, and opened the line.

"Hello? Who is this?" The voice on the other end of the line asked.

"Bulfur?"

"Moru'tok! Where have you been? You should have been back days ago!"

"Things aren't safe out here. There's only three of us, counting myself-"

"What in the name of god is happening out there?"

"Aliens have crashlanded. Tell Tallon-Kor to prepare the cities defenses. There's lots of stuff going on... Right now I'm on a Sandcrawler, destined for Ciera Sadage, we're-"

"That's a Jawa city!"

"Yes, I know. It's the only transport out here, we had to take it. We couldn't have made it without some armor, and things are still risky. The invaders should be on us in the morning. They're insectlike things, they can fly, their technology's advanced... The guy I'm traveling with, he picked something up. Something big."

"You want me to come and get you? I can see your sandcrawler, you aren't too far away. We could probably be there within a couple of hours."

"No, don't! I'm trying to get us an alliance with the Jawas!"

"Screw the Jawas, we're coming!"

"You're gonna mess it up, mess it all up..."

"We're going to have that artifact. It'll be in our hands. Screw the Jawas. I'm going to contact Ky'yla," Bulfur said, hanging up.

Moru'tok sat, hoping for the best.

19. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    When his little human friend had gone off to have some privacy so he could 'sleep', Blondie had gone off on his own as well. Blondie didn't trust anyone who worked with Tallon Kor. Which was why he was now running across the desert at full tilt to a part of the long rocky outcroppings that ran through this part of desert. The Jawas had a few places throughout the desert where either mounts or ground crawlers were stored, just in case. The sandcrawler itself would hide in one of the other craggy Jawa hideouts before sunrise, in order to avoid the bug creatures.

All he had to do was lay low in the hide out for a few days, and then head to one of the other Jawa cities. Simplicity.

20. Jedi_Apparition

Feb 19, 2003
    A'Israe was unsure what to do. They had assembled a small arsenal but they were stuck between remaining and watching the creatures or following the invaders and reaping their revenge. He decided he should try to ask his father. hopefully Lammac and I'lal had arrived and given it to him. I'Lal was checking his moisture pump so A'Israe picked up the comlink and pressed the button. "Father are you there?" he asked.
    The reply came a few secods later.

<"A'Israe! Is that you son?">

"Yes Father it is I. I need your help." A'ISrae quickly explained their situation and waited for his father's advice.

<"Son. THis is indeed a difficult situation. Catching this invader mey be important but to attack Jawas is unwise at best. However, I feel that you should stay there and slowly destroy the creatures. Do it in our way. Strike one and move quietly and quickly.">

"Yes Father. We will." With that he tucked the comlink back into his tunic and walked over to I'Lal. "My Father has said we will remain and destroy these creatures."

<"Then let us begin"> said I'Lal and he dove into the ancient war song of the Tuskens.
    Soon they would strike as the suns rose above the horizon.

21. bowieslefteye

Feb 11, 2003
    The crawler had reached the point where Di'je would drop his scouts off so they could bomb the banta stable. He called his scout units into action. Group 2-6 will assalt the farm while 4-9 will create a distarction. the rest of you will fire your weapons into the air so the tuskins are not watching the farm. Di'je cut the link and walked down to his startion, he would be with group 2-6. a jawa pressed the releas butten and the door started to open in 2 hours they would be back with new stories to tell.....if every thing went as planed.
    they headed out.

22. Jedi_Apparition

Feb 19, 2003
    <<OCC: Wher are all of you?? I cannot really keep posting to keep this afloat. I am willing to GM this since nobody else seems to want to. If you are still in please post so we can get this thing rolling and maybe pick up some more people to play various factions.>>

23. Jedi_Apparition

Feb 19, 2003
    <<OCC: Where are all of you?? I cannot really keep posting to keep this afloat. I am willing to GM this since nobody else seems to want to. If you are still in please post so we can get this thing rolling and maybe pick up some more people to play various factions.>>

24. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    OOC: i'm here, but i'm waiting for ornen to bring me into the current situation

25. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    OOC: Sorry; I was waiting a bit, but I'll keep going. Corellian Chic: You could be the leader of the group sent to capture the Jawa sandcrawler that supposedly contains the artifact, and fight off the Geonosians when they attack again in the morning.

Blondie had reached the small Jawa hideout in the cliff face well before the Tatooine night ended, and settled in for a long wait. He would wait a few days before coming out again, as there were too many dangerous things out there to deal with at the moment. Two or three days would be enough to wait for the bug creatures to continue following the Sandcrawler right into Tallon-Kor's grasp. He assumed that was what would happen, anyhow; the leader of those scouts would assuredly contact Tallon-Kor and his army.

A battle would occur, a lot on either side would die, and hopefully both would be weak enough for the Jawas to arrive at the crash site and drag everything away.

As soon as the wait was over, he would head to one of the three nearest Jawa mountain strongholds associated with Tellik's clan. He just hoped they'd be as willing to deal as Tellik had been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.