main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

...and after all that ROTS is only nominated for 1 oscar

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Talonias, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talonias

Talonias Jedi Master star 1

May 25, 2005
    ...in best make up.

Ouch!

All that money, three years worth of work and a whole lot of effort and ROTS is only nominated for 1 oscar. And even after the incredible SFX, intruging costumes and that intense lightsaber fight at the end Make-up (yes make-up) is the only thing worth crediting according to the nomination lists.

Not even the John Williams score was enough to impress, though War of the worlds has been nominated for best score.

Sorry Mr Lucas but GUTTED!!!

I myself feel quite annoyed, what are you thoughts?
    AE

We've been discussing this all day in the Official Awards/Nominations Thread.

2. Palps

Palps Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 21, 2003
    Well, ROTS definitely deserves more. However, what can you expect from Hollywood?

3. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    I dont really care. After Episode I i realised that the Academy isnt really interested in the new Star Wars films so i didnt really have any expectations. Aside from that Lucasfilm had only a small oscar campaign for some technical categories, so it is no surprise. I find it strange that VFX, SFX and music were snubbed though--the makeup in ROTS wasnt even good, i could visibly see natalie portmans makeup in a lot of her closeups!

4. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    at least lucas got a peoples choice award,but this doesn't surprise me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.