main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends And All I Loved, I Loved Alone (NJO, Callista, L/M vignette- updated 8/26 with cover art!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LianaMara, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Emmi- Someone else's. Who says Callie can't find true love somewhere else? ;)

Jedi_Liz- The SJRS? I don't think so. I will, though. :)
    And yeah, now that I think about it, Callie's daughter is by someone else. At first, I thought I'd come up with some wacko AU story where she had a kid and et cetera, but now that I'm caffeine-less that sounds idiotic. Besides, I don't have the maturity level required to make a normal AU. I think for the next Callie vig, I'm sticking her on Chad with a BF/husband, and a little girl. Then somehow, I'll have to get postVotF Luke and Mara to show up. Should be interesting. :D

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Sounds like it! :D I'll be reading. :D

3. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    obaona- Really? Thank you! ;)

4. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hehe, I'm definitely reading it! :D I'm a closet L/M fan. ;)

Jae Angel

5. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    NJ- A closet L/M fan? Dearie, you must emerge from your little hiding place and admit your fandom. Then, and only then, shalt thou be a true follower. :p

Oh, and what would this vig be categorized as? Is it angst or what? :confused: Cause I'm submitting it to the Archives at this very moment! :D

6. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I think it's definitely angst. Yay, you're submitting it! :D Glad to hear it! :)

Jae Angel

7. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    That was....icredible, absolutly spectacular!!That was just AMAZING [face_shocked]

I can't truthfully say i hate Callista, but i also can't say i like her coz i haven't read the books which have her feature her in them.

I liked the storm metaphor thing (i couldn't think of anythign else to call it).

nina

8. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Jedi_jainafel- Thank you very much! :D I'm glad you liked the metaphors. They're so much fun.

And you must read the so-called "Callista trilogy" (Children of the Jedi, Darksaber, and Planet of Twilight). While they're not my faves, and PoT is pretty sucky through the whole book, the view they give into Callista is intriguing. She had a cool background, and I think she has lots of potential (but she woulda never worked out with Luke. Luke was destined for Mara. [face_devil] )

9. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Archive version is up! It has more explanations of Callie's woes, and a less vague ending. Any comments or remarks? Is it better than before? ;)

10. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I still like it lots and lots! :D Submit it soon!!!!

Jae Angel

11. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Thanks! I just sent it off, so here's hoping! :D

12. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Well, thanks to this vignette, the Archives have now added Callista to their list of characters in the submission section. It's so good to feel important. :p

And I'm happy to be able to input a little blurb about the next Callie vig...

A Dream Within a Dream (post VotF, Callista, L/M vignette]

Two years after their marriage, Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade head to Chad III for a romantic get-away, and run into a woman from Luke's past. During their subsequent conversation, both the Skywalkers and Callista realize how much they've experienced the healing power of love.

Anyone like? ;)

13. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I like! :D When does it go up? :)

Jae Angel

14. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    NJ- Thanks! Well, I'll try to write it out this weekend, then after a little betaing put it up on the boards ASAP. The plot's pretty down pat, I just need to get some Code Red and let the creative juices flow. :p

15. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Hehe, all good, except for the Code Red. :p Bleh! I like Coke. ;)

Jae Angel

16. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Blah. I don't like Coke's flavor, and caffeine makes me act funny and strangely enough makes me write REALLY well. :p

17. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    That was sooo sad! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Besides that, I loved it! Great job...even though it was a bit depressing...

*LtJS*

18. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    To quote NJ, I, too, am a closet L/M fan. just ask Emmi or Jedi_Liz or SJade, I read L/M all the time :)

This viggie is superb! Great job, Liana!

**goes off to poke at a plot bunny and ends up only writing 3 pages**

19. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Wow, readers! :eek: ;)

Lt_Jaina- *hands a tissue* Thank you! I cried while rereading it too. :)

Saber-of-Light- Thanks! I think there's more closet L/M fans out there than anyone knows. ;)

20. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    We of the closet will rise again. ;)

21. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Saber-of-light: Oh, yes. One day, the closet L/M fans will all rise, and take the boards in one lethal swoop. :p

22. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    What?? How did you know?? You weren't supposed to find out!! :p lol

[plug]Please go read the story in my sig :) [/plug]

23. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    I think I just might... ;)

And I should upload some cover art soon...

24. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    After Children of the Jedi I absolutely hated Callista, then I read a fan fic by the name of Mosaic. . . darn I wish I could remember the author. . . it's posted on LMS. Where Callista did come back, she did have Luke's kid, but she wasn't trying to break apart Luke and Mara, and actually ended up saving Mara's life and the life of Luke and Mara's kid. After that I stopped hating Callista. I still steer clear of any fics where she comes back, I agree her having Luke's kid and coming back un announced is a bit over done.

But Liana, sorry to digress, this was a wonderful viggie. I agree with the others. It was beautifully done. Poor girl turning from everything that she had ever believed in before. :D looking forward to reading more from you :D

25. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Cover art up! :)

maramijade- Thank you! :) Callista's tale was a little sad, seeing how she abandoned all her honor for the sake of staying alive.

And I must agree. Callie having Luke's child is so overused, because besides, it couldn't have happened. So for my "happier" vig, I just made up an OC husband and child. So much easier that way. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.