main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "And All Points North" a tale from AOTC: Cover art added at last

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/DarthBreezy/AAPN.jpg]

This is a brand new short story that takes place between the final confrontation between Count Dooku and the Wedding on Naboo. There are quite a few 'old freinds' here, Obi-Wan, Padme and of course Anakin, as well as Schurke and Kampher from Knights and Eros Bound.

I hope you'll enjoy....

Breezy

2. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    And All Points North

Chapter 1

Look, all I know is what they taught me at command school. There are certain rules about a war and rule number one is young men die. And rule number two is doctors can't change rule number one.? Henry Blake, M.A.S.H

?Padawan,? came a soft voice from far away and Kampher Lutador, Padawan and Apprentice Jedi Healer suddenly snapped to attention.

She and the other Healers, Masters and Apprentices alike had spent the last 36 hours on a Medi-freighter tending to the most severely wounded Jedi survivors of Geonosis ? the maimed ? the very few that needed more than a simple bacta patch?

?Padawan Healer?? the voice came again. ?Are you awake??

Kampher - or Kam, as she was known - raised her head and her wide brown eyes met sad blue ones.

?I?m sorry Master? Master Kenobi!? she stammered, ducking her head a bit. ?I must have drifted off??

?It?s alright,? he reassured her gently. ?It has been ? shall we say - a trying time for all of us. When did you last rest??

?I just close my eyes a moment ago?? she began, then looked at the chrono. ?Oh my, I?ve been asleep for an hour!? She stood up suddenly, almost unconsciously, ran her hands down her light blue robes as if to straighten them. Obi-Wan flinched. Although her hands were clean, her robes were spattered and stained with maroon patches that could only be drying blood.

?Can I help you Master?? she asked suddenly. ?I mean, I??

?It?s alright,? he replied soothingly. ?I just wanted to see how Anakin was doing. He was? he was among the badly hurt??

Kampher thinned her lips, which Obi-Wan found ironically amusing. It was an expression he had seen in the mirror many times before when dealing with his young apprentice, but her next words chilled him to the bone.

?Resting at last,? she sighed heavily. ?We?ve lost eight of the Jedi who were brought in to us. Anakin ? Jedi Skywalker, was very nearly the ninth.?

Obi-Wan drew in a sharp breath. ?What happened??

Kampher regarded him for a moment, choosing her words carefully. ?He went into shock,? she said quietly. ?Not from the loss of his arm ? a simple amputation is and easy fix??

She trailed off and Obi-Wan did not push. After a short time, she continued her narrative.

?Master Yoda told us that Master Dooku used a form of ? abusive use of the force.? She shivered. ?A tactic of the Dark Side? His heart had stopped? we couldn?t ? he wouldn?t respond to??

Again she paused, as if unsure how much she really wanted to tell him.

?He?s sleeping now,? she said at last. ?A combination of reassurance and copious amounts of sedation.?

?Reassurance?? Obi-Wan asked, confused. ?About what??

?He would not surrender to sleep until he knew that you and the Senator were all right.? Kampher said softly. ?It was as if he were desperately afraid for you??

Now it was Obi-Wan?s turn to look away. He was sure that the Healer before him, apprentice or not, understood the Jedi doctrine on attachments; and yet?

?You may come sit with him for a little while if you?d like,? Kampher offered him a wan smile that quickly hardened with concern. Apprentice or no, the young Healer carried the air of authority of her office. ?But Master Kenobi, if I sense even the slightest disturbance in Master Skywalker?s condition, I shall have to ask you to leave.?

Obi-Wan winced as he rose, and leaned heavily on his walking stick. Although his wounds had been treated and were well on the way to healing, his leg still pained him.

?Do you wish to have something for the pain, Master Kenobi?? Kampher asked, concern evident in her features. ?It would only take a moment??

?No, thank you?? he grimaced, and then offered a half smile. ?I can manage all right. Shall we go in??

?Of course,? Kampher nodded then paused again. ?Master? Anakin is? he still is attached to many of the Meeda devices ? I just wanted to prepare you??

Obi-Wan only nodded as he followed her through the doors.

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    First reply!

Poor padme, kinda out of it with Force-morphine! And I can't believe Anakin's heart stopped! Phew, nice of Anakin to worry about Obi as well as ahem, the Senator. And pooor Shurke!

4. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    The frown became a look of restrained frustration, one Obi-Wan was all too familiar with, having recognized it as his own. ?Master Kenobi,? she said coolly. ?It?s a sign that he is once again fighting the sedation and will wake in considerable pain if it?s not addressed soon.?

I must admit that I have a soft spot for characters who get in Obi-Wan's face without hesitation. [face_devil] :D

I liked how, even though she's out of it, Padme instinctively comforted Ani. Although, she may not be as out of it as they think.

As I expected, very interesting start, DB. :)

JD.

5. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    You set the tone very well, the healer was really well portrayed as well. I liked the little Ani/Obi touch as well.

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great job indeed!! Loved the bit about Anakin worrying about Obi too! (Of course he'd worry about Padme hehehe)

Ahhh Obi mush when he said 'he does' ahhhh! :D

Excellent start!!

7. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Great start! I'm so glad to see Kam and Schurke back. :D Its good to finally learn more about how Schurke lost his leg and see Kam in her role as a Jedi healer.

Good Obi characterization too. I always like portrayals that show him as having affection for Anakin.

I'm really looking forward to updates on this story!

8. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Great start! So sad and sweet. The image of Ani in the oxygen mask is a chilling foreshadowing. I hope you post more soon!

9. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Yay, a new story! You conveyed the devastation of Geonsosis nicely, and it's good to see that some of those Jedi actually have feelings...

Can't wait to read more!

10. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Stroking Anakin?s head, Obi-Wan replied in that same soft voice, ?he does??

Awwww! [face_love] Awesome start. I'll definitely be reading this, DarthBreezy. :)

11. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    *runs in late, panting* I'm here! I'm here! :p

I'll reiterate what the others said in that I'm glad to see Kam and Schurke back again. I also want to mention how well you write about the devastation of battle, so that we are able to really feel the losses suffered there--the loss of life and the loss of innocence--such cold reality of any war, including this one. :(

And poor Ani--who knew he had it so bad? And Dooku using a Force-enhanced psychological torture... :eek: *beats Dooku with a stick*

Very well done as always, my friend. [face_love] Can't wait to see more. :)

12. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Sweet! New story!

This is one of my favorite time periods to explore, I'm so glad you're tackling it here... and with 2 of our favorite OCs! Can't wait to read more. :D

13. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    ?He speaks so highly of you Master Kenobi,? Schurke said softly. ?He only wants to please you? make you proud.?

Awww! I will definitely be watching out for this, DB! Loved the use of the OC's!

JS

14. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh Yay!!
    I'm so happy this is being so well met! I'll be posting about once a week with a new chapter!

DarthIshtar

Poor padme, kinda out of it with Force-morphine! And I can't believe Anakin's heart stopped! Phew, nice of Anakin to worry about Obi as well as ahem, the Senator. And pooor Shurke!

Yeah, they kind of nailed her with that one eh?

And Ani - poor guy... as well as Schurke!

JDH3

The frown became a look of restrained frustration, one Obi-Wan was all too familiar with, having recognized it as his own. ?Master Kenobi,? she said coolly. ?It?s a sign that he is once again fighting the sedation and will wake in considerable pain if it?s not addressed soon.?

I must admit that I have a soft spot for characters who get in Obi-Wan's face without hesitation.

LOL! Yeah, the pissy side of the Force!

I liked how, even though she's out of it, Padme instinctively comforted Ani. Although, she may not be as out of it as they think.

;)

As I expected, very interesting start, DB.

JD.

Thank you!

Hananiah

You set the tone very well, the healer was really well portrayed as well. I liked the little Ani/Obi touch as well.

Kampher was first introduced in Knights And Eros Bound as was Schurke, and I admit it's fun going back to revisit them a little before that time.

Kynstar

Great job indeed!! Loved the bit about Anakin worrying about Obi too! (Of course he'd worry about Padme hehehe)

Thank you!

Ahhh Obi mush when he said 'he does' ahhhh!

Excellent start!!

Yeah, a little sweetness at first eh? ;)

Reihla

Great start! I'm so glad to see Kam and Schurke back. Its good to finally learn more about how Schurke lost his leg and see Kam in her role as a Jedi healer.

It was interesting for me to see Kam so... forceful too!

Good Obi characterization too. I always like portrayals that show him as having affection for Anakin.

Even though they butted heads, there was always love I think..

Dally

Great start! So sad and sweet. The image of Ani in the oxygen mask is a chilling foreshadowing. I hope you post more soon!

Oh I will and thank you!

stacysatrip

Yay, a new story! You conveyed the devastation of Geonsosis nicely, and it's good to see that some of those Jedi actually have feelings...

Thank you and yes they do...

amidalachick

Awwww! Awesome start. I'll definitely be reading this, DarthBreezy.

Cool thank you!

anakin_girl

*runs in late, panting* I'm here! I'm here!

I'll reiterate what the others said in that I'm glad to see Kam and Schurke back again. I also want to mention how well you write about the devastation of battle, so that we are able to really feel the losses suffered there--the loss of life and the loss of innocence--such cold reality of any war, including this one.

I was watching 'Saving Private Ryan' when I wrote that first scene...

And poor Ani--who knew he had it so bad? And Dooku using a Force-enhanced psychological torture... *beats Dooku with a stick*

Well, Kam was refering to the Force Lightning.. I don't think they spent a lot of time getting a full report before the **** hit the fan...

Very well done as always, my friend. Can't wait to see more.

Ta!

RebelScum77

Sweet! New story!

Yep, Brand new!

This is one of my favorite time periods to explore, I'm so glad you're tackling it here... and with 2 of our favorite OCs! Can't wait to read more.

I'm glad you like Kam and Schurke, I really do love writing them...

Jazz_Skywalker

?He speaks so highly of you Master Kenobi,? Schurke said softly. ?He only wants to please you? make you proud.?

Awww! I will defin

15. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    You've started a new one! [face_love] Great job showing the devestation after Geonosis. Poor Anakin, he is really struggling for life and healing. Excellent start Breezy!

16. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    tangled_sphere

Great job showing the devestation after Geonosis. Poor Anakin, he is really struggling for life and healing. Excellent start Breezy!

Yep! Brand new! And new posty up in a couple of days!!!

See you then!!

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yippee! I'll be a waiting :D

18. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Just dropping by to say, I was here and I will be here...

In between jaunts to the I/D universe that is...

So, if I'm a little late sometimes, forgive me...

;)

GL

19. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    GunraysLawyer

Just dropping by to say, I was here and I will be here...

Always good to know!

Righty, as an early Birthday pressy from me to you folks..

And All Points North

Chapter 2

Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand. - Emily Kimbrough

Although Schurke made a concerted effort to stand on his own, Kampher knew she would bear the brunt of his weight.

But it?s always been like this, Kampher thought to herself. Despite the fact that we are all so different, with different Masters and different backgrounds. We?ve always leaned on each other.

The hall was dark and quiet as most of the patients were sleeping. Even the most of the Healers had taken this opportunity to meditate and rest.

?Not far now, Schurke,? Kam told him soothingly. ?Can you make it??

He offered her wry smile. ?Doing double duty then, Kam? I mean, normally it would be Toboo or Gris on the other side??

?Not always,? Kampher snorted. ?Gris could sling you over her shoulder quiet easily??

?And still have a free hand to slap mine away,? sighed Schurke. ?Especially if it got too close to you.?

?Or Toboo?? Kampher giggled. ?You should know by now Schurke that Anakin only has eyes for Senator Amidala. You saw how much he mooned over her when he thought Master Kenobi wasn?t looking??

They fell into a silence as they made their way down the passageway, but it was a comfortable silence bred from their years of friendship. Kampher had been nearly five seasons old and had been rumored to have actually known her family when she had come to the Temple. Gris and Schurke had been friends from the Jedi Crèche. Anakin, who had been admitted even later in life, had become accepted into the small circle of elder Padawans soon after arriving at the Temple. They had been drawn together, inexplicably as some friendships are, and had remained close despite the differences that set them apart. Anakin with his youth, Kampher with her almost eerie gifts as a healer, Schurke with his roving eye and tendency to make light of almost any situation, and Gris. Gris was an Eithorian, and their people rarely allowed their children to join the Jedi. Gris?s Master Padrone Aliéné had found her on one of his many solitary missions, and had taken her on as his Padawan, and neither Gris nor her Master had ever spoken of the specifics?

Kampher sighed. She missed Gris, who had gone on another mission with Master Aliéné several months ago, and there hadn?t been word from her at all.

?Kam, wait?? Schurke said suddenly as they were halfway to his bed.

Kampher turned to him, concern etched on to her features. ?What is it? Does your leg hurt??

?Which one, Kam?? Schurke replied bitterly. ?My right leg? Or the one I left on Geonosis??

Kampher bit her lower lip. ?Shurke?? she trailed off, unsure what to say.

Shurke sighed heavily. ?I - I?m sorry Kam?? he murmured. ?You don?t deserve that.?

?None of us did ? none of us deserved any of it, Schurke,? she told him softly and then pulled him into an embrace. They stood there, alone in the passageway, holding each other like two lost children. At last Schurke broke away a little.

?Thanks,? he said shortly. ?Kam??

She kissed him on the forehead, and Schurke touched her nose gently. ?Now now!? he giggled. ?People will say we?re in love??

Kampher?s eyes widened, then she looked away.

Schurke leaned in and whispered in her ear. ?Gris wasn?t there, Kam? She was on another mission with Master Aliéné when Master Yoda gave the call to come to Geonosis??

?Gris hasn?t been there for a long time, Schurke?? Kampher swallowed hard, and once again the mask of the perfect Jedi Healer slipped into place. ?We need to get you back into bed,? she said shortly. ?Healer Amarre must tend to your leg and that bruise on your eye.?

Schurke raised his eyebrow questioningly. ?What bruise on my eye??

?The one I?m going to give you if you don?

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh great job there between the two! Your OCs are great!!! Can't wait for when she returns to be with Schurke! :)

Ohhh this was interesting!

Kampher laughed a little as she finished applying the bacta solution and began rewrapping Anakin?s wound. ?Only rivaling Schurke in that regard, Master Kenobi. However, as with all of us, his complaining is tempered with love. Your disagreements with Master Qui-Gon are legend still?? Here she trailed off. ?I?m sorry Master, I don?t mean to??

?It?s all right,? Obi-Wan assured her, but there was a tremor in his voice. ?Qui-Gon was a good man, and I still miss him at times.? Unbidden, Master ? no ? Count Dooku?s words came back to haunt him. Qui-Gon would have never accepted the corruption in the Senate, nor the implied corruption in the Jedi Order itself?

Little humor mixed with seriousness at the end. Ahhh but Dooku has him thinking! ;) hehehehe 'tis true but how far would have Qui-Gon gone? I don't think he'd left the Order as Dooku did, but he'd been extremely stressful with the Council on the issues. Oh well... guess we'll never know...

Awesome chappie!!! These OCs are building excellently!!!!

21. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I really am in love with Shurke as an OC, the bitter, forced humor melting into genuine need paired with compassion.

22. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    A very good story so far! I like your OCs. Please continue!

23. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Sweet of you to give us a present for your birthday, Breezy... :)

I love the conversation between Kam and Schurke, so indicative of the friendship they share, that they are able to banter even in the midst of tragedy, even as they are sharing their fears and grieving the losses on Geonosis.

Good background on the friendship between Kam and Schurke and Gris, and later, Anakin, as well...I don't remember that being in K&EB...of course I'm braindead right now...

This line made me laugh: I just don?t want to see you in any more pain. There?s a reason for the Code. As long as it doesn't interfere with your exploits, huh, Schurke? [face_mischief]

Gotta love Schurke, always protecting his friends. [face_love]

The description of Anakin's injuries... :eek: Ow ow ow ow ow...

I like seeing Obi-Wan next to Anakin's side, holding his hand...so typical of Obi-Wan. And Kam's lecture to Obi-Wan: Go Kam!

Beautiful post my friend. [face_love] And happy birthday--one day early. :)

24. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Kampher only nodded as she made her way back down the passageway, leaving the Master and Apprentice - father and son ? alone for a while.

I love seeing fics where Anakin and Obi-Wan aren't fighting! Awesome post!

JS

25. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Your OCs...=D=

?He?ll lose almost the entire arm here,? she said almost clinically. ?The shoulder will need to be enhanced to accept the dura-steel and the electronics, but he should be able to adapt fairly quickly to it all.? She cast a look at Obi-Wan, who had paled at this information. ?I tell you all this now, Master Kenobi,? Kampher told him firmly, ?because the most important step in Anakin?s recovery is acceptance . If you, his Master and father figure, can understand and accept this new state of affairs, it will go a long way toward helping him understand and accept. Do I make myself clear??

?As an adegan crystal, Mistress Healer.?

Brilliant, DB! :D

JD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.