main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT "And hope they don't have blasters"

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jc1138, Sep 22, 2011.

1. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004
    This line has been bugging me for the last while. Han obviously sees the stormtroopers blasters, and he must understand in a space station of that size there must thousands if not hundreds of thousands of blasters around. This line of dialogue always seemed like some sort of continuation of Han's "ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster at your side" rant. I assume the line is supposed to be some sort of dry humor but it never really connected with me. Am I missing something about this?

2. Muzz

Muzz Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2007
    It's Han's dry humour. He likes to tease C-3P0. Although I suppose the droids could theoretically have been found by an unarmed admin assistant.

3. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    What got me is, the whole Empire was looking for the droids, and they couldn't get the Empire get r2 cause he has the plans. However Luke/Han just leave them right in the control room (or whatever) and didnt care if R2 was found by the Empire.

4. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Well, dramatic license aside, most personnel on the Death Star would be unarmed unless they were security detail,
    or acting as honor guard, etc. Very few individuals would be carrying sidearms, much less rifles, realistically.

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7f/Motti.jpg]

"I shouldn't have left my blaster under the pillow..."