main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

and it is shiny

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by SoA, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    So, Commander-DWH finally succeeded in converting me into her fandom, and here I am. I've been a long-time fan of Star Wars in a small way, but my primary fandom is *caugh* Sailor Moon *caugh* I promise you, you won't see Sailor Tatooine or the like from me though. I write a lot of fanfiction, as well as original fiction, and I'm a crazy costumer. I haven't made any Star Wars costumes though. Yet. I'm a college student in Ohio studying Math and Japanese... but all too soon I'll be out in the real worlk. At the moment, however, I'm studying abroad in Osaka, Japan.

But yes, Star Wars is most definately shiny.

2. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    *tackles*

Muaha! I finally succeeded in bringing you over to the dark side- er, the fandom. Knew I'd find the right hook eventually. ;)

3. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Howdy, welcome to the boards!

I always wanted to go to Japan actually, maybe someday. Anyway, glad to have you here. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find a Sailor Moon thread somewhere - this place isn't all Star Wars. If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask, though I'm sure DWH will give you all the help you need, if you need any at all that is.

Feel free to post around here at WNU, we have a few social threads. Also a handy Map of the Boards. Enjoy your stay!

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome SoA! :)

You seem to be interested in a lot of things. Normally I would add a tons of links here for your various interests, but I think your friend pointed out the most fascinating boards for you already, right?

So, just one questions, what does SoA stand for? It looks like an abbreviation.

Enjoy your stay! :)

5. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Welcome to the boards SoA.
    And don't worry, you're not alone with *cough* Sailor Moon *cough*

Look at this!:eek:

Hope you enjoy your tiem here.[:D]

6. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    It's always good to see new members join up! Glad to have you aboard!

If you like Sailor Moon, perhaps you could find/create a Sailor Moon RPG in the Non-SW Role Playing Forum. If you've never RPed before, I would suggest giving it a try; it's a lot of fun! :)

7. Alasse_Earfalas

Alasse_Earfalas Jedi Master star 2

Mar 6, 2008
    DDDUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where'd you get that Jedi-Gandalf Icon?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=P~ [face_hypnotized]

Edit: I found it!!!!!! Wow, they need to have more LotR Icons..... I want an Elven Jedi!!!!! Galadriel would be my top pick. :D

8. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Welcome to the JC! :)

We have a lot to offer, so please take some time to explore, and don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

9. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Hehe. Thanks for the welcome. I do admit that the boards are a bit intimidating in their hugeness.

And it's good to see other Sailor Moon fans around as well. ^^ I'm not crossover writer myself, but I'm planning to make a litterary nod at the Star Wars galaxy in a future fic.

To answer the question of the name, SoA is short for Song of Amazon, which is what I go by in most places. I didn't want to use underscores, so here it became SoA. The name itself is a roundabout refrence to one of my obscure Sailor Moon fan characters.

DWH has sent me on a quest to find interesting Star Wars book covers or goodies in Japan, but as of yet I haven't found anything.

10. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I really like your name. :)

And don't worry because of the hugeness of this forum. If you need any help, we are here and will help you. :)

11. deadlyfries

deadlyfries Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2008
    In total agreement. There is nothing to fear but fear itself. [face_skull]

12. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    Hello there.:)

Enjoy your stay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.