main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive And Now for something Completely Different 12/31/2006

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthMikus, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    hello, all
    I just did this quick little teaser for my fan piece called, The Fall of the Jedi.

2. krnbanguboi

krnbanguboi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2005
    not bad

3. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    Welcome DarthMikus.

Very Nice I look forward to seeing more art form you.

Ry

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Welcome to Fan Art, DarthMikus! This looks marvelous: I really like his tense expression, looking out the side of his eye at "the camera"--it really brings home that this is a man on the run for his life, who isn't quite sure where the potentially lethal attack is going to come from... Great colors, very nice shading and "volume" to the character--it's a great thing to introduce some of the story too, so we know something about him/them. Helps to solidify an "image" of who they are. We'll be looking forward to seeing more--thanks for sharing this, and again--welcome!

FF

5. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    So, I've got a working title for my fan piece. I also have a working synopsis for what I'm going to try to do. Basically, the story is of two jedi just forgotten during the great jedi Purge. These two were far away from anything finishing up on a mission that no other jedi would do. these are the low men on the totem pole in the jedi order. One knight and his padawan, just trying to make their way through the galaxy after they have been outlawed.
    Well, if you're still interested after hearing that teaser, I have my first character sketch completed.
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/25027669/

6. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Very nice artwork, DarthMikus!
    I especially like your second piece. The green robe looks awesome, reminds me of Corellian Jedi, like Corran Horn.

Keep up the good work!

7. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Nice 1 Mikus.

Quality artwork sir. I also love the green garments especially his under tunic. Oh and nice sabre hilt too!

D=D=

8. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Wasn't sure If I did this right the first time. But here we go again..if neccesary. A teaser quickie for The Fall of the Jedi.
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26422121/

9. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Well, I finally got things going on my Fan Fiction. I had to juggle some art scheduling to get around to this, but Starting in two weeks over at trashcompactorchronicles.co.uk. I'll start releasing The Fall of the Jedi in short five page vignettes. Short Clone Wars style web comics that when completed, forms the whole story.
    http://www.trashcompactorchronicles.co.uk/
    Anyway, let me know what you think of the poster...
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/28779138/

10. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, your poster is very good! =D= I could never do that.

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Great poster DarthMikus! I really like this a lot--the composition, colors and the artwork--all just beautiful! There's a lot of energy here, with each character seeming to be "in motion," engaged--particularly with the central figure--positively brimming with kinetic energy! The purple and red backdrop is very effective, highlighting each of the figures yet still cohesively blending them together--and each figure is beautifully rendered, with excellent shading and natural poses and expressions. =D= A wonderful piece!

FF

12. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Well, as promised to an exhalted Member of these message boards. Here are some of the "behind the scenes" shots of the Fall of the Jedi.
    My little fan fic featuring all original characters new to the star wars fan fiction universe.
    Some of these are reposts from earlier messages. But I hope you can bear with me.
    The first is one of the early images I did when I was writing. This depicts the two jedi deflecting shots from a group of bounty hunters on the streets of Nar Shaddaa.
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/25242343/

This next one is a newly revised opening crawl for the story. this is one of the last remnants of this project when it was going to be animated. The effect isn't as grandios as I would have liked, but I felt like the story wouldn't be complete without the traditional opening crawl.
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/28906051/
    the following are the first three pages of the story. Page one is close to completion with just text and various sound effect to be added later. Pages 2 and 3 are still early in development.
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/28905709/
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/28905737/
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/28905767/

13. Daankin

Jun 3, 2002
    AWESOME!

[face_hypnotized]

D.:)

14. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    WOW! :eek: =D= They're great!

15. Immortal-Soul

Immortal-Soul Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2005
    I agree. those are awesome

16. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Fantastic work. I would never have the patience to draw a comic--that is so much work! But you are making it look easy. You are an extremely talented artist.

Keep up the great work.

AG88

17. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Whoa,
    I didn't expect to find so many responses this morning. usually my stuff gets seen by a couple of people at a time. But thanks to you all who took the time to stop by and leave a nice comment.

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wonderful!! =D=

This looks just awesome so far, DarthMikus, and I can't believe how much work you're putting into it! The finished, colored piece of Master Van Dorran and Padawan Set Navrec in the midst of of a furious battle is amazing, and really screams with energy and motion. I love the idea of an "opening crawl" for the story--it's just so "Star Warsy!"--plus it clues us in to how our protangonists come into the story as we begin. And the WIP pages are very, very well done: I like the angles and views you're using, as it brings us right in to each of the characters, and puts us completely in touch with the emotions, as well. =D= on the "nod" to the OT, with the Millennium Falcon (or perhaps just a YT-1300...?) sitting on the landing pad adjacent to where our heroes are about to land--a grand and totally cool touch!! =D= I'm looking forward very much to seeing more of this--it's quite obvious that you have a gift for the graphic novel format, yet your style and composition are very unique--a great combination, I'd say, and one that will surely spell success for this project! Beautiful work!

FF

19. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Hello, FF
    Wow, I'm gonna have you write all of my reviews from now on.
    A little note on the opening crawl. In the post that included the link, I meant to say it wasn't quite as Grandios as I would have liked..it almost sounded like I was happy with it the first time...but no.
    Wow, and thanks for taking the time to critique the composition of it all.. You almost made me sound like knew what i was doing.
    the YT-1300 is just kind of thrown in there to remind everyone that this is a star wars story...Plus i've always loved discovering the easter eggs found in movies.
    Again, thanks for the kind owrds, FF. You and the others here at TFN have gotten me out of my recent creative slump. I just piled on too many projects all at once..and I just lost my focus there for a moment.

20. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Okay..I've had to try to do this through photobucket..Deviant wasn't working too well...Hope this shows up.
    Well, I promised Daankin I'd keep most of this under wraps till it was done...But I just wanted to show one more work in progress page from the first six page installment of the Fall of the Jedi.
    This is another shot of page 2..this time with the background dropped in and the coloring and other minor effects on the page have been done.
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/WIP2.jpg

21. Daankin

Jun 3, 2002
    Mik

Coolio!

D=D=

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Aw, beautiful DarthMikus! =D= The brooding sort of lighting you've used is entirely appropriate to the "flight-deck in operation" (subdued, with background and soft light from glowing instrumentation, etc.)--the holograph of the Rodian is beautifully done (and I love the sort of "What now?" face the pilot is wearing there, too!)--looks just like the movies! The "Big Gulp with straw" sitting on the console is too cool!! Sort of reminds me of a trucker's Kenworth cockpit, complete with the leftovers of the roadside "gut-bomb-stop!" lol! Great touch!

The two Jedi very successfully convey the heavy hearts and spirits, particularly the shot of the Padawan, with his grief-twisted expression, and the sort of slump-shouldered, head-bowed posture of the Master as he confers with the ship's captain... Even without dialog, there's a lot of emotion in these frames and you've illustrated it with great subtlety and skill--wonderfully expressed. Well well done!

FF

23. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    After twiddling my thumbs for so long, it out there for the tens of people who have been waiting for it.
    For details check outmy profile.

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Great work on the first 5 pages of "Fall of the Jedi" DarthMikus!! =D=

The dialogue is great--economical but with enough details to provide us a clear picture of what's going on. I'm really liking the captain, Darne--she seems like a female Han Solo-type, and has that sort of tough, irreverent, spunky attitude that I like in SW women. I also like the dynamic between the characters--it's already cementing well, and will carry through to the rest of the story. I especially liked the last page, where Darne tells Kel that he'll "find a wife in no time:" her casual "tweaking" of his chin, and the look exchanged between Master and Padawan there is priceless! Great work with that interaction!

I'll be watching for updates here--I'm liking this story, and the art is worth it even without the narrative! ;) :D

FF

25. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Just trying something out..it's amazing what you discover when you get out oftunnel vision mode...i just discovered what the fancy buttons do on the format bar....wooooow

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/f3.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.