main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive And Now for something Completely Different 12/31/2006

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthMikus, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    i just discovered what the fancy buttons do on the format bar....wooooow

I'll say! Pretty-pretty! Very much more "polished-looking," I think--what, precisely, was on that format bar... (no fancy PS or imaging software on my machine...)?

FF

2. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    Well,
    Here is the first of 8 character sheets that will be presented in the Chromatic section of Daankin's Trash Compactor Chronicles. Let me kow what y'all think.
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/chromo1.jpg]

3. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Good stuff! I like the sabre design. It's got that fancier "Tales of the Jedi" look to it. It's neat to see the progression from your thumbnails to the final page too. I'm curious though, what made you choose the purple / warm colour scheme? It works well, it's just different, so it intrigued me. Keep up the good work!

4. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Great work. I especially love the clothing (I am trying to learn how to draw clothing, so I seem to notice it more than anything else nowadays).

Great job!

AG88

5. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, that's looks very good! =D=

6. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Those are great!

7. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    First, I'd like to thank those of you who have taken the time to check out the pic. I guess it's a little easier when you just post an image in the message.
    I'll answer basement's questions and responses.
    the Lightsaber hilt..Since Obi-Wan Kenobi first flashed his lightsaber in the Phantom Menace, the hilt has become the Jedi equivalent to the Hot Rod. Always has to be flashy, unique and sometimes, it has to be compensation for other "shortcomings".
    As for the color scheme. It's something I've only started doing since I was working on so many different projects at the same time. I wanted nar Shaddaa, in this story, to be a very dark place. All of the neon store and cafe signs and the haze of the over crowded streets have created a kind of purple haze through out the city. I wanted a dark tone through out the story, to reflect the mood of the story, but wanted it also to still look "pretty".
    Again, thanks to all who have stopped by and left a comment, even to those who have even taken a quick peek.

8. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Well,
    I had an hour to kill this afternoon. And part of the reason I've fallen behind schedule for everything is Star Wars: battlefront2.[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/Hoth.jpg]
    When you're the only one left against the remaining 42 Imperial Soldiers bearing down on you...and you just noticed Darth vader comign your way.

9. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    That hoth image is really sweet. I love the luminosity of the blaster bolts.

10. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    No kidding. The only time I usually notice is when I'm sent sailing halfway across the field after being struck by his lightsaber [face_laugh]

Nice work on the character sheet. You have a very unique and personal style. Tones and shades look fabulous!

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    You did that "Battlefront" painting in an hour?!

[face_frustrated] **sighs heavily**

It looks just great, btw!

I love the character sheet, and I agree that the use of color there is very unique and effective--we definitely get the feel that he's in a rather ominous environment (which both he and his padawan are). The narrative gives us a better insight into this man and his situation as the story begins. It's an interesting irony that the Council wanted his padawan's influence to temper his ambivalence to the Order, and as we start the story, the Order is no more... I'll have to drop in to The Trash Compactor and look at the others there!
    Great stuff!

FF

12. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Hello,
    Well, I've finished the first set of character sheets for Daankins' website. They'll be featured in the Chromatics section of the story.
    They serve, basically, to give you a better glimpse into the characters and catch you up to events leading up to the story. Anyway, check
    out daankin's website in the next couple of days. For those who can't wait till then, you can find them on the trash compator page of my own website.
    Let me know what y'all think.

13. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Hey Mick,

Those are mighty fine artworks you have created.

The information is really cool too!

Here are the links

Check them out folks and find out a lot more detail about Mikus's new characters.

This story is only just getting going and I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next!

D[face_dancing]

14. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    I like this! Lightsaber hilt---yes, I see what you mean by comparing them to "hot rods" everyone does their own customising......Yes, I did notice the clothes--very convincing--I too have some trouble with clothing/fabric. I like the black with neon-type colors background. OOhhhh-the look on his face----I wouldn't want to tick him off at the moment...

15. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Okay...so I'm working off an existing pic of Ewan McGreggor as Obi Wan.
    I've only had a couple of hours to work on this one so far. I'll probably get this one done tomorrow in between drawing some more comic book stuff.
    Well, let me know what y'all think, so far.
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/obi1.jpg]

16. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow! Obi-Wan looks wonderful!

AG88

17. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Fantastic work on Obi-Wan, even at this stage. What is that done in? Painter?

18. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Hello,
    Again, thanks to all who have stopped by and taken a look at my work. To answer B24's questionon what program I'm using. it's all Photoshop CS.
    This piece originally was only going to be another two hour quick sketch, but then I got a little busier and had to shelf it for a few days. I think I can get back on finishing this piece today....we'll see.

19. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Well, I did this little piece for my local fan force chapter.
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/saff1.jpg]

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:=D=

WOW!! What a fabulous painting of Obi Wan!! It looks just like the promo picture, but better, with the Mustafaar landscape behind him--awesome!!

And the logo is just great--putting in the Alamo wall structure was a perfect way to define the location of the group. Great looking cityscape behind it all, too! =D= I would imagine those folks there are cartwheeling with joy over this! Beautiful work!

Can't wait to see the Obi Wan finished, btw!

FF

21. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Hello,
    Well, i'm doing one hell of a juggling act at the moment. I'm working on a couple of other comic projects but I just had to sit my butt down and start my fan fic up again.
    Without going into too much hooplah, I'm WAYYY behind schedule on everything...which is nothing new to anyone who knows me and my reputation.

Anyway, This is the first of the new pages I'm working on for Daankin's website. This installment introduces our villains and a surprise new ally in the lower sector of Nar Shaddaa.
    I just read a cool series in Star Wars: Republic which kind of perpetuates the feel of Nar Shaddaa I was hoping to get. It's the QuinLan Vos story of his ordeal through Order 66.
    Okay, well..I should have something for Daankin by the end of next week. And I promise you'll see some jedi action in this installment. Kel Van Dorran may be the reluctant jedi but there's a reason why he hasn't been wiped out, so far.
    You're going to see a barfight bigger than anything in Roadhouse and there's nothing that Patrick Swayze and his mullet can do about it.
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/f2.jpg]

22. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I guess it's no secret that I love your work, Mike. I am excited to see another installment coming along. Loving the Ewan pic, too. The look on his face is wonderful.

The Battlefront sketch in delightfully scattered and distracting. Just like you intended, I imagine.

23. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Lol Mikus,

Can't wait to see it happen.

D[face_laugh]

24. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Extremely good works, Mikus! I love the textures and smoke/fog effects you use, as well as your choice of colors... they make the sceneries look "fresh" and sci-fi for some reason.

Can't wait to see more!

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    "'Roadhouse' barfights...?"
    **rubs hands together in anticipation**
    :D :p

I'm definitely going to have to take a look at that one! The new sheet looks awesome so far, DM--as with the previous installments, the angles of view are very intriguing, and really lend to the threatening atmosphere the characters find themselves in. Great "rough work" with the new sheet--it's just awesome to see the skill in just this, which of course makes sense with as great as the finished products are! Am I wrong, or am I sensing a bit of "chemistry" between our more-than-capable lady starship captain and the beleaguered Jedi Master...? [face_thinking] This is a great story, and I'm looking forward to seeing more! :D

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.