1. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney… Now discussing:

Art Archive And Now for something Completely Different 12/31/2006

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthMikus, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. DarthMikus Jedi Master

star 1
    Well,
    here we go again. I'm still working on the next installment of my fan fic and should be done soon.
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/f2.jpg]
    here is the secondary linework. A little less rough around the edges but still pretty rough without the color.
  2. Daenna Jedi Knight

star 1
    That's looking good, Mikus. I'm enjoying the linework and facial expressions. Really good perspective and angle views as well!

Can't wait to see the colored sheet :)
  3. DarthMikus Jedi Master

star 1
    Howdy, folks
    Just wanted to pass along a pic that I did for my new buddies over at San Antonio Fan Force.
    This is the first pic that I'm working on for the fan force council members. the first being of our vice-chancellor and all around good guy, Marselles.
    Others to follow as i finish them up this week.[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/marselles.jpg]
  4. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, beautiful!! =D= This is an amazing portrait--the highlights and shading and skintones are just beautiful, and really look like paint! This guy must be so frickin' happy with this (I certainly would be!! :D), and I'm sure the rest of the group are already clamboring for their portraits to be done! Outstanding, DarthMikus!! Just beautiful!

FF
  5. DarthMikus Jedi Master

star 1
    Well, it's been awhile since I've posted the first installment of Fall of the Jedi.
    But I've had quite a few other projects to get through and now I'm going through a bout of creative block, but here is another work in progress from the second installment of the Fan Fic. this time around, I'll be releasing a ten page episode. Mostly all of the next installment will be a big fight between the two Jedi and their trusty companion and an entire seedy diner full of desperate patrons looking to cash in on the Empire's bounty.
    Here's a shot of some of the action you can find in part 2.
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/f25.jpg]
  6. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    WooHoo!! [face_dancing][face_dancing]

More FOTJ!! This is, for me anyway, already a great story, and the first installments have left me hungry to see more--and here it is! This looks great so far, DM: the look on Darne's face, with her blaster drawn over the top of her menu, is so "female-Han-Solo!" lol! Perfecto! Kel and Drew in the midst of the melee is beautifully drawn, and I can almost hear the crashing of bodies and dishes just looking at the action--let's hear it for the good-old-fashioned bar-fight--so much energy! Great perspectives and wonderful renditions of some of the "seedier" denizens of the SW universe! ;) I can't wait to see this panel done--it's already wonderful! =D=

FF
  7. Zonoma Force Ghost

star 5
    I love the way you are able to capture expressions in line art, Mike! Fabulous. I can't wait to see it in color, too. Sorry for the briefness of the note. Busy day!!!

Drop me a PM when you can.
  8. DarthMikus Jedi Master

star 1
    Hello
    i am WAYY...WAYYYYYYY late with this one. I promised Zonoma I'd get this in for last month's fan art Challenge. yet here we are..well into the month of May. But here is my version of the cover art for the first chapter in her Fan Fiction, Worth Saving.
    Hope this looks right.
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/worthsaving1.jpg]
  9. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow!! That is some beautiful coverart, DarthMikus!!

AG88
  10. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow! *is speechless*
    I read the story and the cover is great! So beautiful! [face_hypnotized] Awww! [face_love]
  11. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek::eek:

OMG!!!

**stares, speechless with amazement**

DarthMikus, you may have just opened yourself up to a gazillion coverart requests now, LOL! Holy $@#%....this is just gorgeous: the way Jaina and Zekk are turned away from each other, the expressions on their faces, and Luke (fantastic likeness, btw...**green with envy**) between and below, sort of supporting them both...this is the perfect illustration of the storyline (and this is one of my fav stories, too! **blubbers softly**). This is just beautiful, and I know Zonoma must have cried with gratitude when she saw this for the first time--I feel like doing that right now! I love the colors you used here too--warm in the center, and cooling just slightly at the edges of the frame... I'm going all fangirly here (as I often do when I'm very moved!), but seriously--this is just awesome.

=D==D=

I'll add my thanks to Z's--this could not be more perfect, nor more beautiful!

FF
  12. Zonoma Force Ghost

star 5
    :_| I know that you have posted it, my PM box is absolutely flooded with compliments for your artwork, Mike, but I can't SEE it! Deb said something about Luke on it but all I see is the one you showed me in the very beginning. Please link me? I really, really want to see this!
  13. Zonoma Force Ghost

star 5
    Double post and I am too excited to care!

I am utterly and completely in awe with this piece, Mike! It is beautiful and conveys everything I tried so hard to write without a single word!

Pardon me while I grab a tissue.

The way that Zekk and Jaina are faced away, but still in concert with one another... the way Luke is in the center dividing and yet holding them together as well. Supporting them, as Deb said (and rightly so).

The colors are gorgeous, too!

Magnificent. Simply magnificent. I can't think of a more wonderful gift, Mike. I love knowing that my writing can inspire art. Somehow it is the greatest motivation for writing more.

I think I am going to go find another outlet for all this girly emotion before I further embarrass myself.

Thank you, DarthMikus, for this honor.
  14. DarthMikus Jedi Master

star 1
    wow,
    thanks to all who responded well to the cover art to Zonoma's fan fiction, Worth Saving.
    I was especially floored by Zonoma's response..i didn't know it would hit such a nerve..in a good way. I'll definately be hitting up the rest of the chapters in the very near future with cover art as well.
    Great story, Z..keep up the great work. Zonoma has also been helping with many plot points in my own fan fiction..helping me keep it real.
    To Chillia, Deb and the rest, thanks for the critiques as well..Deb you continously blow me out of the water when it comes to your graphite work.
    thanks.
  15. Todan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hay Darthmikus I rely like you story and your are work but how do you colour your drawings they look rely cool am trying to make a fan fiction my self I have wrote most of it but now I have see your I am thinking about making it in to a comic book if you could help me out that would be grate

Todan [face_praying]
  16. DarthMikus Jedi Master

star 1
    Well..
    it seems that my entire body of digital work has joined with the living force. Last weekend I woke up and checked my email.yadda yadda yadda.... my computer crashed and I didn't back anything up. I paid an extra seventy five bucks to have a back up run before they did their work of reinstalling OSX..I got all of my music files back..but none of my photoshop files. I'm sure they're still around lingering in some memory limbo here in my system somewhere...but I'm just not patient enough to sit around and look for it all.
    So with the proverbial powerful lesson learned, I have to start all of my comic and fan fic stuff all over again. I was almost done too, dag nabbit.
    Anyway..The big news is, I'm starting all over..but instead of worrying about reproducing all of the work I've done already, I'm going to go ahead and start the sequel now and try to work on Fall of the Jedi again later.
    So..that means things can only get better now, Right??
    I'm looking to release it on my web comic site with animated panels later this summer.
    Anyway, I'll start posting some new pics here in another couple of weeks.

Oh..Is anyone actually looking foward to the new superman movie coming out? I had to be talked down off the edge of my balcony rail yesterday. I had a red towel tied around my neck and had thought of a really cool swishing sound to make while I jumped off too, BUT my wife had to come in and be the voice of reason again.
    But between you and me..I would have made it.
    The red cape has replaced the long worn brown bath robe and flashlight strapped to my belt.
  17. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek::_|:eek:

OMG!! What a disaster!! Or, it would be to me (and sort of is, in a way, as I really love your work... :_|)!! Oh, the pain! So sorry to hear this, DarthMikus--and yeah, a tough lesson learned... Computers...rrrrr!! I'll be cheering on your efforts to move ahead, and will be waiting patiently for updates with the new work. BTW-wouldn't Trashcompactor have most of the "Fall of the Jedi" work still up...? Just a thought--and you have my deepest sympathies!

FF
  18. Zonoma Force Ghost

star 5
    :eek:Oh NO! Mike, I am so sorry! I wish there was something, anything I could do. Oh man, oh man, oh man.
  19. DarthMikus Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey, Deb
    Eh...it's not so much of a disaster anymore. Daankin has the five existing pages and most of my finished comic work exists somewhere on the internet.The computer came back good as new and after a few updates..it's just about running better than before.
    I've been experimenting with doing some new animated comic book pages.
    I don't know which story I'll do first still..Part of me wants to follow in the Star Wars Universe method of madness of giving you the end first and then later showing you the "prequel"..and the other part wants to take this opportunity to make Fall of the Jedi a tad bit better with the new tricks I've learned with photoshop.
  20. DarthMikus Jedi Master

star 1
    Well, hello all
    It's been quite a while since I've posted on this board, but I just got done with a new portrait of a friend of mine for the San Antonio Fan Force, the local Star Wars junkie club.
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/jedi_brent2.jpg]

And then just to recap the others I've worked on for the club...
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/ATrevino.jpg
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/lisa.jpg
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/marselles.jpg
  21. Jessoass Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great job those are really great!!

Jess
  22. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek:=D==D=

Geez-Looeez!! Those are fabulous, DarthMikus!! =D==D= I never cease to be awed when I drop in here (and many and copious apologies for not getting a reply in before now!)--these are just awesome! Your "fellow Jedi" in your FanForce group must be lined up 40 deep, clamboring for you to draw them as Jedi Masters/Knights/Generals/Pilots! Fantastic painting in all of these (the "Bariss Offee" lookalike is gorgeous!)--and everyone with their favorite color of lightsaber, too! Amazing--I just love the way you shade with color--it's beautiful, and just perfect on the facial contours... You could definitely be doing this as a side-vocation: painting fans as their favorite kind of Jedi/Rebel/Imperial/Sith--all the LFL pro-artists do things like that as commissions at the cons and shows (check out Cat Staggs' thread--she's done a lot of Jedi and troopers as commissions!)--I'm sure folks would swarm you to have you paint them, too!

Fantastic work, my friend--and I'm quite glad to hear that all was not lost with "the crash;" hope you can keep up with FOTJ (I'm still waiting to see what happens to Darne and the Jedi on Nar Shadda! ;) ) and the rest of your projects.

FF
  23. DarthMikus Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey, Deb
    It's always a bright sunny day whenever I find a response from you and Zonoma.
    Thanks for checking out the portraits, I've got one more coming up soon.
    As for FOTJ...I've got a couple of new things in the works for that fan fic. I'm going to use this oppotunity to improve what I had done before..hopefully.
    I met Cat Staggs and Tom Hodges breifly at a con in Dallas earlier this summer, but I haven't made it to the level where people actually want me to do their portraits yet...maybe one day.

Also thanks to jess for checking out my work. I've mentioned this before, but I admire those artists who still work in graphite. I've gotten spoiled since moving into digital work, so my graphite and charcoal work doesn't look so good anymore. I tend to scribble a lot on layers that get conveniently thrown out never to be seen...and with good reason.
  24. DarthMikus Jedi Master

star 1
    Well this isn't star wars related but..just thought i would give you a little insight to what I've been busy at.
    This is a portrait of a friend who needed some portraits done for her website.
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/Luann10.jpg]
  25. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    Your work is absolutely fantastic. The portraits are amazing, and the comic strip shows just how flexible your talent is. Not much more that I can say.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.